Author Topic: Disappearing Ships (Function #787) 1.7.3  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Kristover (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Disappearing Ships (Function #787) 1.7.3
« on: April 22, 2020, 08:26:48 PM »
Didn't want to clutter up the 1.8 bug thread with this but see if this ever happened in previous versions.

Playing 1.7.3  the game is 20 years old with no errors or crashes whatsoever - little bit of slowdown but nothing compared to VB6 days.  Saved my game then went upstairs to eat and when I came back downstairs and hour later, the game was hanging.  So ended it and reloaded the save to where I was at except every ship had disappeared - the class designs were still there and the fleets still existed, but all ships were gone.  Tried resetting window and no luck.  Tried to progress turn by an 1 hour and immediately got a #787 Sequence contains no elements error.  Anyone had an error like this in past?

1.7.3, Conventional Start, Random Stars, unable to reproduce/progress time, Decimal separator isn't a comma. Db attached

Was going to terminate this game at 1.9 so no big deal if lost forever.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: Disappearing Ships (Function #787) 1.7.3
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:21:15 AM »
C# Aurora can corrupt the database if it is interrupted while saving.  This is usually not recoverable.  There should be AuroraDBSaveBackup.db and AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db files, but if you've tried to save again after the error they may have been replaced with the broken version.