Author Topic: So I vanquished my own population, oops?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Anteep (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
So I vanquished my own population, oops?
« on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
I had an accident with the mass drivers, a huge amount of minerals crashed down on Terra and killed about 300 million people.. hundreds of factories and mines.. the atmospheric dust level went crazy and the temperature has dropped -30 because of it.

And my population surrendered, but I don't quite know who they surrendered to (I think they actually surrendered to me, that's what it sounded like in the events channel, but I own them anyway). I dealt with the civilians and pacified them by quitting and loading the game up again.

here's a pic

How do I go about reversing the "vanquished" state?

Offline a1s

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
Re: So I vanquished my own population, oops?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »
never seen that one before...
However I'm guessing you wait, like with all the other political stati, and the population will eventually become imperial again.
Terran Federation needs you oO000
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline nichaey

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:35:21 AM »
Wow, how many tons was that. Usually when people accidentally mass drive their populations they force you to surrender(known glitch), but you managed to start and end the war in your favour with one fell swoop. Truly a good job, but why did you reload?  You single handedly overthrew the entire world government and installed a military dictatorship.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »
Uh, you didn't 're-load' anything.  Aurora is a live DB game - any change you make is saved to the database as soon as you make it.  The only way to 'go back' is to save a copy of the database in some other location or under some other name.  The only way to 're-load' the game is to delete your current copy of the database, and replace it with a previously saved copy.  It sounds like all you did was stop the game, then start it up again.  Nothing actually changed when you did so.

As for 'Vanquished', it's one of the political states a colony can have.  Vanquished, conquered, occupied, surrendered, Imperial, etc. are all names for a series of penalties to the production, research, mining, wealth, etc, of a colony.  Over time (dependant on your ground troops' Police Strength (defense strength) versus the population's Occupation Strength (size & Racial Militancy - and possibly Racial Determination & Xenophobia) the status will improve (ie the penalties will drop) until the colony becomes a full Imperial Population.

Offline Anteep (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:24:34 AM »
I am aware of that, I didn't quite say I reloaded, I just quit and loaded the game up, because I know that if you get on the bad side of the civilians and they become hostile, it fixes it.
But thanks for telling me about the political states, now I know that it is not the end for me.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »
Quote from: "Anteep"
I am aware of that, I didn't quite say I reloaded, I just quit and loaded the game up,

Um, how is this different from "re-loading"?  Unless you started a new game, "quiting" (by which I mean stopping the executable) and then "loading the game up" (by which I mean starting the executable and picking the same game you were playing) should not have any affect on the state of the game.

We're not trying to be difficult; we're just trying to figure out what you're saying happened, since what you seem to be describing shouldn't have been possible.

John

Offline solops

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
I had something similar happen. After accidentally moving all of my mass drivers off planet, Earth got hit by two of my mineral packets. The civilians and shipping companies became hostile (ship icons went from blue to red) and stayed that way until I left the game and then started it back up later that day.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »
Quote from: "solops"
I had something similar happen. After accidentally moving all of my mass drivers off planet, Earth got hit by two of my mineral packets. The civilians and shipping companies became hostile (ship icons went from blue to red) and stayed that way until I left the game and then started it back up later that day.

Could one of you please log a bug in the "official" bugs thread?  What you described shouldn't be happening, since the state of the game should be in the DB.

Thanks,
John