Author Topic: 4.61 Bugs  (Read 6421 times)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: 4.61 Bugs
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
A bit of a wierd thing here, i've got a 12550 jump cruiser with a 12750 capacity jump drive, and 3 12700 ton heavy cruisers with it that don't have jump drives, but when i tell they to go through a jump point, i get a message saying that the jump drive doesn't has enough capacity or something.

Code: [Select]
Audacious class Jump Cruiser    12550 tons     1273 Crew     2138.44 BP      TCS 251  TH 840  EM 0
3346 km/s    JR 4-50     Armour 2-48     Shields 0-0     Sensors 6/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 8     PPV 42
Annual Failure Rate: 157%    IFR: 2.2%    Maintenance Capacity 852 MSP    Max Repair 784 MSP
Magazine 726    

J12750(4-50) Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 12750 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 4
Ion Engine E8 (14)    Power 60    Fuel Use 80%    Signature 60    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 200,000 Litres    Range 35.9 billion km   (124 days at full power)

Trafalgar class Heavy Cruiser    12700 tons     1621 Crew     1918.8 BP      TCS 254  TH 840  EM 0
3307 km/s     Armour 4-48     Shields 0-0     Sensors 12/6/0/0     Damage Control Rating 8     PPV 98
Annual Failure Rate: 161%    IFR: 2.2%    Maintenance Capacity 755 MSP    Max Repair 150 MSP
Flag Bridge    

Also, this same save seems to have a fair bit of yo-yoing going on, even after my fleet smites a bunch of Precursor FACs that were lurking in-system. Currently stuck on 15 minute increments, with the occasional increase to 1:15:00 or 1:30:00.
IIRC the Jump drive will only work up to the mass of the ship mounting it.  In this design the drive will only work for ships up to 12550 tonnes.  Up the mass of the jump cruiser to 12750 tonnes to get us the max value of the jump drive.
Welchbloke

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »
As I have been trying different combat in a test game, I ran into these cosmetic problems.

You cannot order a carrier fleet to combat jump.  It counts the fighters in the carriers against the taskforce size limit.

When an empty magazine is destroyed, you get a message about a size 0 secondary explosion.

If you cause a secondary explosion with 'beam' weapons you do not get the message about the explosion.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
Steve
In a ruin I discovered twenty 20cm UV lasers. I disassembled all of them to get tech advancements. But the item is still listed in the F5 design view screen. I also find that ion engines I have recovered by salvage and scrapped also find their way indelibly into the "depot" and once scrapped persist for ever.

Regards
IanD

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Steve
In a ruin I discovered twenty 20cm UV lasers. I disassembled all of them to get tech advancements. But the item is still listed in the F5 design view screen. I also find that ion engines I have recovered by salvage and scrapped also find their way indelibly into the "depot" and once scrapped persist for ever.

Regards
Same for me.  Once they are there, they never go away.  Can you put them into the view tech screen so we can designate them as obsolete at least.  That way they won't have to show up constantly.

Brian

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »
I seem to have encountered a Yo-Yo bug. Time is advancing in 30 min increments and has been doing so for about 10 days of game time so far. 480x30min increments take a long time to process  :cry:
Welchbloke

Offline Silentbrick

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
I'm also having trouble with time going in 30 min intervals.  Sometimes it'll go at a faster rate but so far it's been about a month of nothing but 30 min advances.  No other message is listed however, and no error messages.

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
Quote from: "Silentbrick"
I'm also having trouble with time going in 30 min intervals.  Sometimes it'll go at a faster rate but so far it's been about a month of nothing but 30 min advances.  No other message is listed however, and no error messages.
Quote from: "welchbloke"
I seem to have encountered a Yo-Yo bug. Time is advancing in 30 min increments and has been doing so for about 10 days of game time so far. 480x30min increments take a long time to process
Please can you both send me your databases via email. I am trying to squash any yoyo bugs before the next release. I have already found a few so your problems may have the same cause but i would prefer to make sure. My email address is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com

Steve

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Steve

Regards
Same for me.  Once they are there, they never go away.  Can you put them into the view tech screen so we can designate them as obsolete at least.  That way they won't have to show up constantly.
If you select the component on the F5 screen, you should be able to use the Obso Comp button to obsolete it.

Steve

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
You cannot order a carrier fleet to combat jump.  It counts the fighters in the carriers against the taskforce size limit.
Fixed for v4.7

Steve

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
When an empty magazine is destroyed, you get a message about a size 0 secondary explosion.
Fixed this for v4.7

If you cause a secondary explosion with 'beam' weapons you do not get the message about the explosion.
Can't reproduce this one yet. It's a weird one because the internal damage code doesn't differentiate between missiles and beams

Steve

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2009, 02:40:21 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Steve

Regards
If you select the component on the F5 screen, you should be able to use the Obso Comp button to obsolete it.

Steve
I have tried this and it does not work.  I get a message of "No Component Selected" and the component stays there.  I have unchecked and rechecked the hide obsolete button as well after doing this with no effect

Brian

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
I have tried this and it does not work.  I get a message of "No Component Selected" and the component stays there.  I have unchecked and rechecked the hide obsolete button as well after doing this with no effect
Oops - I forgot the ruins component tech is stored in a different location. The button will work in v4.7

Steve

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »
I seem to have encountered a Yo-Yo bug. Time is advancing in 30 min increments and has been doing so for about 10 days of game time so far. 480x30min increments take a long time to process
Please can you both send me your databases via email. I am trying to squash any yoyo bugs before the next release. I have already found a few so your problems may have the same cause but i would prefer to make sure. My email address is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com

Steve
I'll e-mail it to you on Sunday morning.
Welchbloke

Offline Silentbrick

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »

Steve

Sent via yousendit, as it was too large for my email to attach.

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »
I have the database - thanks! I have run the game and after a few minutes of 15 minute intervals, it is running normally again with full one day turns. Could you let me know if that happens with your game? I am running the v4.7 code though so it is possible I have already fixed whatever was causing the problem.

Steve