Author Topic: Ground combat vs. Precursors  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Zook (OP)

• Commander
Ground combat vs. Precursors
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »
Because of the surrender bug, you shouldn't attack precursor ground forces; instead, let them attack you. But what if there are precursors on a planet who won't attack? Is bombardment the only option?

And when they have attacked me (at least I think they started it) and I finally win, my ships in orbit surrender, according to the log, but actually they just create empty task groups with the same name; they still belong to me. The planet is now "Vanquished/human" and my ground victorious troops are nowhere to be found.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:05:46 PM by Zook »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Ground combat vs. Precursors
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:50:28 AM »
Because of the surrender bug, you shouldn't attack precursor ground forces; instead, let them attack you. But what if there are precursors on a planet who won't attack? Is bombardment the only option?

And when they have attacked me (at least I think they started it) and I finally win, my ships in orbit surrender, according to the log, but actually they just create empty task groups with the same name; they still belong to me. The planet is now "Vanquished/human" and my ground victorious troops are nowhere to be found.

The bug only happens when both sides are attacking. If they aren't attacking you, you will be safe to attack them.

Steve