Author Topic: National Updates Comment Thread  (Read 56423 times)

Offline Grunden

• Petty Officer
  • G
Re: National Updates Comment Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »
WPF or Winforms?

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2016, 01:27:47 PM »
WPF or Winforms?

Tempted by WPF as it is more flexible and I have used it a little in the past. However, as this is more of rewrite than a completely new version, Winforms is a lot easier.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2016, 06:01:51 AM »
This is really really really great news. No matter how long term it is.

Thank you :)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »
Will you continue this campaign in C# Aurora? Would love to hear more of this fiction ;-)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:11 AM »
Will you continue this campaign in C# Aurora? Would love to hear more of this fiction ;-)

I plan to continue it, although it will probably be a few months now. I am building the C# application using the database from this campaign.

Offline awesomesauce478

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2019, 09:11:54 PM »
Hey Steve,

I have returned to reading this fiction after awhile and am curious if you plan on continuing this campaign in C#? This is by far my favorite campaign of yours, it is truly a masterpiece. 

Offline The Forbidden

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2019, 01:16:23 AM »
Hey Steve,

I have returned to reading this fiction after awhile and am curious if you plan on continuing this campaign in C#? This is by far my favorite campaign of yours, it is truly a masterpiece.

I think he used that campaign to develop C#, if I remember well some of the sensor and combat demonstration screenshots showed Japanese and Centauri ships shooting at each other. Also given the numbers he gave there's a high probability he tested the new civilian shipping pathfinding and performance with that campaign as well.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2019, 03:34:50 AM »
Hey Steve,

No, I won't continue this now, although I intend to create something similar in C# in the future.

The following users thanked this post: Happerry, JakeLoustone, awesomesauce478

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2022, 03:07:19 PM »
Read this one again after a long ass time and forgetting half the events that transpired.

My god, what a masterpiece! By far your best write-up! The Nato vs Soviets one comes somewhat close, but the sheer scale of this game has no precedent, and sadly, no successor. I know 'tis been a long time and this game was probably becoming almost unmanageable, but - acknowledging your last statement on the subject - is doing something like this with C# interesting to you? Please? Pretty please?  :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2022, 06:46:08 PM »
Read this one again after a long ass time and forgetting half the events that transpired.

My god, what a masterpiece! By far your best write-up! The Nato vs Soviets one comes somewhat close, but the sheer scale of this game has no precedent, and sadly, no successor. I know 'tis been a long time and this game was probably becoming almost unmanageable, but - acknowledging your last statement on the subject - is doing something like this with C# interesting to you? Please? Pretty please?  :)

Not yet. C# seems to have a lot more setup involved than VB6, because there are more elements to it, so I am starting to work on making startup easier. Once I make some progress in that area, I will return to the multi-faction games.

The following users thanked this post: Xkill, Tanj, Black, TMaekler, StarshipCactus, lumporr

Offline TallTroll

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2022, 04:04:24 PM »
Still too hard to completely bone the Chinese, huh? It's OK, Steve, we can wait until you have NPR enslavement of player races set up right