Author Topic: v1.6.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.6.2 Bugs Thread
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:09:02 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.6.2

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.6.2.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

Offline greatmustachio

• Leading Rate
  • g
Re: v1.6.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »
Avast is complaining again.  Shoud come back green in 30 minutes though.  Just a heads up!

EDIT: Never mind, came back green almost immediately. You dont need to worry about it, Steve!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »
Avast is complaining again.  Shoud come back green in 30 minutes though.  Just a heads up!

EDIT: Never mind, came back green almost immediately. You dont need to worry about it, Steve!

Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 01:18:48 PM »
Possible solution to the error with a comma and a period in the mineral table. When the window is switched on, the default value is 0 0

https://imgur.com/WwBF7Tm

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »
On v1.62, created a new game. Random Stars. Conventional start. 3 NPRs.

After pushing "Create race" on my player race, I get these errors one time each before it sends me into the game at Sol:

I deleted the .exe and .db files and am certain I am on v1.62:

I am going to generate a new galaxy/game now instead of playing this one, just in case.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 01:24:25 PM »
Minor issue: When I change name in Create Research Project and switch to different window the name of the project changes back to default afer switching back to Create Research Project window.

In Create Research Project: When I got to Shield Generators category I got Function #1050: Object reference is not set to an object instance (translated from my language).

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 01:25:19 PM »

After pushing "Create race" on my player race, I get these errors one time each before it sends me into the game at Sol:

I am going to generate a new galaxy/game now instead of playing this one, just in case.

1608 is a bug in the creation of a random star system, which causes the 1562. I haven't changed anything in that code between versions so I suspect this is going to be an annoying intermittent bug.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 01:25:26 PM »
Hadi asked me about this behavior that I suppose isn't really a bug so much as an accessibility oversight. We were able to work through it, though since it's easier to explain with pictures, I took the liberty of writing the report.

Reproduction steps
1. Launch Aurora 1.6.2
2. Open the Federated Nations game.
3. Open the Naval Organization window.
4. Using the mouse, select SRV Federation Survey Command (CAPT) - Home World. Make sure it is expanded.
5. Using the keyboard this time, press the down arrow to select the GEV Ferdinand Magellan fleet. This is where the problem appears.

Once you select that fleet, the focus moves over to this location with the red box around it, meaning that further keyboard navigation doesn't apply to the list of fleets on the left.

Hadi has expressed that this is undesired behavior, as that may not be the fleet they were going for. This is only a problem if you use the keyboard to navigate, though.

Since I obviously can't read your source code, I don't know how easy this would be to do, but my first guess for a solution would be to call the Control.Focus method to refocus the list on the left side of the Naval Org window as the last step of whatever happens when you select that fleet. It doesn't matter to anyone using the mouse what's in focus, as they'll just click on whatever it is that they need to click.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 01:27:08 PM by Inglonias »

The following users thanked this post: Caplin, hadi

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »
Minor issue: When I change name in Create Research Project and switch to different window the name of the project changes back to default afer switching back to Create Research Project window.

In Create Research Project: When I got to Shield Generators category I got Function #1050: Object reference is not set to an object instance (translated from my language).

I think I am going to change Create Research to a single window only to avoid these issues.

EDIT: Implemented this behaviour.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 01:30:18 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »

After pushing "Create race" on my player race, I get these errors one time each before it sends me into the game at Sol: (1608, 1562, 1423)

1608 is a bug in the creation of a random star system, which causes the 1562. I haven't changed anything in that code between versions so I suspect this is going to be an annoying intermittent bug.

Created my second new game just fine, no problems this time.  :)

Offline redivider

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »
I am posting again because you might have missed this but this happened in the previous versions as well and also to at least 2 more people.  (Reposting because you did not explicitly state that it is fixed and also because it isnt fixed. )

When you design 2 stage missiles with no engine on the first stage; reopen the design window and attempt to select that buoy design you made, it will throw out these errors  https://puu. sh/Fzh3n/d49d081279. gif

Other than the errors, so far everything seems to be OK, you can research and build the missile and it shows up in the tech screen.  But when you shoot it from a ship using "launch ready ordnance" nothing happens.  Here you can see it shot one, took another from its magazine and it is reloading https://puu. sh/Fzh4x/330efa5572. png ; however the shot missile does not exist https://puu. sh/Fzh51/b6ae377d81. png

I have quickly set this up in SM just to see if it still exists, but if you want specific missile and/or ship designs I can send that too but basically it is just a classic jump defense buoy with the submunitions having active sensors and the buoy having thermal and/or active sensors.

Offline SirCookie

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
I get an Error "Function #3102 Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
I do the following things:

-I activate SM-Mode
-Go to the "System Generation and Display"-Window
-Use the Grav Survey Button to see all the Jump Points
-click on any of the Jump Points and then click "Enter JP"

after clicking the button the error messages comes.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »

I think I am going to change Create Research to a single window only to avoid these issues.

Unfortunately this Function #1050: Object reference is not set to an object instance error prevents me from researching shields. If I confirm the error and click inside Create Research Project window, errors start again.

Offline Aezel

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »
Population on my colonies is always overcrowding, even though there's plenty of room. 

Attached db really only has one colony on Luna with 1m pop and 1000 infrastructure.   It should provide room for 5m inhabitants but is overcrowding. 

Edit: forgot to add file

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »

Unfortunately this Function #1050: Object reference is not set to an object instance error prevents me from researching shields. If I confirm the error and click inside Create Research Project window, errors start again.

Yes, confirmed and fixed. It was caused me by me removing the fuel-related dropdown.