Author Topic: Conventional start  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Five (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
Conventional start
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
I was looking at doing a conventional start and remember reading that the NPRs can't handle a conventional start, thus making them useless in a space faring way. So how do you guys go about conventional starts? Do you start a normal game with no tech and then just SM in the conv industry, or is another preferred method i'm missing?

Thanks for the help

-Five

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Conventional start
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
Not sure what you are asking.
NPR's created during a conventional start will have full TN technology. You will have a large amount of conventional industry as will any player controlled race you create with conventional technology. If you start in the same system as an NPR you will have problems

Offline Five (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
Ahh, i must have misunderstood then, i thought if i started a conventional game that myself and the NPRs both started conventional.

Thanks for clearing that up.

-Five

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »
The NCR's only have a problem if they are the ones given a conventional start. They have no problems dealing with you having one though.

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »
Yeah, I am currently invading a low tech NPR home planet in order to make use of their stupidly large mineral deposits - they have been sitting there for about 20 years doing absolutely nothing.