Author Topic: Xeno Structure Survey Bill  (Read 2424 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Xeno Structure Survey Bill
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
Number and Title: Bill 63-3,  Xeno Structure Survey Bill
Date:  Novemeber 2063 [ooc](14/6/11)[/ooc]
Author: Charles Winston
Seconded:  Phan Duc Tho
Body : The discovery of Xeno Structures (ruins), the Survey ministry has the full rights in putting together a team to explore these structures.

1. Survey Ministry has the right to request personnel with a Xeno background or interest from other Ministries, with no reasonable request refused. The survey ministry can take a case to the President who then can adjuicate a decision on personnel.
2. Personnel recruited will only be temporary assignment and once no longer needed will fall back to there original roles.
3. Once the survey is complete the Ministry will hand over all data to relevant Ministry to investigate further potential value in technology or infrastructure usages.
4. Personnel involved in the survey team and the ship captain who discovered the Xeno Structure will be awarded the Columbus Medal, and 100 credits towards their next promotion.

Bill End
-----------

Senators, I request this urgent bill to allow the ministry to  conduct valuable service to mankind in investigating these ruins, we currently are the only ones to have the resources in space craft to make this possible. Also our role within the governing bodies lead me to the natural conclusion this falls inside this ministry.

First Edit
Second Edit
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:24:55 AM by ardem »

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
Re: Xeno Structure Survey Bill
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
I'll second you bill if I may.

I would like to see it edited to create a medal for the heroes to discovered those ruins. The Columbus Medal shall be awarder to people making great discoveries or capital importance. [ooc]And award a political bonus of 10 points.[/ooc]

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:45:13 AM »
Senator, I have added your wise suggestion, I hope you will also honour us with your choice of medal design.

I choose 100, as 10 points is not very much.

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:55:14 AM »
What does "no reasonable request refused" mean? It could be an excuse for the Military to simply deny any request because of "potential threats." The wording should be much more severe such as allowing Survey the sole use of five Xeno personnel of its choosing for each ruin discovered.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:19:10 AM »
I would like to think that we can work together without the threat of forcing ministries to provide personnel sometimes their are other priorities, with law 1, I can take it to the President to decide if a minister is does  not have a reasonable excuse.

I would like to leave the bill in the respect as is. Perhaps I am still a dreamer.

Also it is not just the military with Xeno backgrounds, what if the survey ministry had the power to pull the top scientist off a project, I would call that a reasonable excuse.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:23:14 AM by ardem »

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »
[ooc]I linked a medal picture.[/ooc]

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »
I would suggest that "no reasonable request" be removed and replaced with wording that no officer currently assign a field commision be placed in a team. [ooc]Only use unassigned officers[/ooc]

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »
Sometimes you need to pull off assigned staff, but it very grey in what is a more important role, in this case at the moment there really is not a lot more important, but down the track where alien ruins are possibly abundant, other ministries are more important. It is a grey area, and I think a President can handle any shade of grey, if the standard level of cooperation between ministries are not enjoyed.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »
I agree you need to pull from assigned staff at times, I just believe priority should be given to those with no current field assignment.

Sen. John Davros

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 06:33:38 AM »
I think a priority should be given to the best staff. As of now, this is one of the greatest discoveries ever done by mankind, and no effort should be spared to use it, except for personnel of the greatest importance (Scientists and administrators mostly).

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »
Chuck stands and addresses the hall "I now propose this is taken to a vote now. Thank you Mr Speaker"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:37:29 PM by ardem »