Author Topic: Change Log for v5.40 Discussion  (Read 7376 times)

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Re: Change Log for v5.40 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 12:56:18 PM »
the reduced height window works fine on my normal laptop (res 1366x768), though the space window cuts off at the "Highlight Own Colony" check box.

But I mostly carry my netbook around with me and it will not, handle either the space window or the reduced windows. I have also noticed that resizeenable and gemespace wll not work around this issue with all versions of Aurora. 5.4 being one of them. 5.3 did work.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
the reduced height window works fine on my normal laptop (res 1366x768), though the space window cuts off at the "Highlight Own Colony" check box.

But I mostly carry my netbook around with me and it will not, handle either the space window or the reduced windows. I have also noticed that resizeenable and gemespace wll not work around this issue with all versions of Aurora. 5.4 being one of them. 5.3 did work.

What is the resolution on your netbook?

I don't think you are missing anything vital below the "Highlight Own Colony" check box. Just the Hyper Limit display option on the Display tab and the Spacetime Bubble option on the Contacts tab.

Steve

Offline georgiaboy1966

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 01:09:41 PM »
What is the resolution on your netbook?

I don't think you are missing anything vital below the "Highlight Own Colony" check box. Just the Hyper Limit display option on the Display tab and the Spacetime Bubble option on the Contacts tab.

Steve

My netbook res is 1024x768, height of windows is ok. Space window cuts the bottom at same place, but cuts the right side at the 1 day button/sector button, leaving all to the right off. The P&P window cuts at the 1day/gu training/shipyard/sm buttons.
Glen

-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline georgiaboy1966

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
WOuld be nice if you could make the windows all one size, and just add scroll bar capability to each window to see all the info.
Glen

-Me

- Socrates

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 01:18:15 PM »

My netbook res is 1024x768, height of windows is ok. Space window cuts the bottom at same place, but cuts the right side at the 1 day button/sector button, leaving all to the right off. The P&P window cuts at the 1day/gu training/shipyard/sm buttons.

The minimum width for Aurora is 1280. It's very unlikely that will change.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »
WOuld be nice if you could make the windows all one size, and just add scroll bar capability to each window to see all the info.

I have tried that in the past with little success. VB6 just isn't really geared up for that type of thing and its a huge amount of work to try and get it working. You also run into the problem that Windows itself will chop the window size to its max resolution and even scrolling wont fix it. With something like C# and WPF it is very easy but re-writing Aurora in a modern language is going to take a long time.

Steve