Author Topic: Walmsley Recieves CMH  (Read 998 times)

Offline Þórgrímr (OP)

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
Walmsley Recieves CMH
« on: October 21, 2008, 05:36:14 PM »
Steve, do you have any famly that you know of here in the States? I found this interesting blub while doing some research on the 3rd Bombardment Group.

Capt John S Walmsley Jr was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions on 14 Sep 1944: flying a night mission in a B-26, Capt Walmsley discovered and attacked an enemy supply train, and after exhausting his ammunition he flew at low altitude to direct other aircraft to the same objective; the train was destroyed but Walmsley's plane crashed in the target area. The group returned to Japan in 1954. Redesignated 3rd Bombardment Group (Tactical) in Oct 1955.

Cheers, Þórgrímr
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Walmsley Recieves CMH
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:36:13 AM »
I don't have any family in the States that I am aware of, although its possible. There are quite a few Walmsleys in the North-west of England. There is another Steve Walmsley who also plays poker living about 25 miles away and at least one other Steve Walmsley who was an IT consultant when I was in the line of work and only lived 15 miles away.

Steve

Offline Þórgrímr (OP)

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
Re: Walmsley Recieves CMH
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
I don't have any family in the States that I am aware of, although its possible. There are quite a few Walmsleys in the North-west of England. There is another Steve Walmsley who also plays poker living about 25 miles away and at least one other Steve Walmsley who was an IT consultant when I was in the line of work and only lived 15 miles away.

Steve

I was just wondering since I had not seen that last name outside references to England before finding that CMH entry. Maybe you have a branch of your family tree that took root in the colonies long ago.  :D

Cheers,  Þórgrímr
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war