Author Topic: Multiple copies of same planet  (Read 1130 times)

Offline DAVIDARCNO (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
Multiple copies of same planet
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:37:42 AM »
I settled on planet with a task force of 8 colony ships and later when viewing the system in the P & P window, the planet was listed 8 times.  ???

Offline ChildServices

• Hegemon
  • Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Multiple copies of same planet
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:38:28 AM »
It sounds as if each of your colony ships created a separate population on the same planet.  I don't think this is a bug but I could be wrong.
Aurora4x Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Q5ryqdW

Cold as steel the darkness waits, its hour will come
A cry of fear from our children, worshipping the Sun
Mother Nature's black revenge, on those who waste her life
War babies in the Garden Of Eden, she'll turn our ashes to ice

The following users thanked this post: DAVIDARCNO

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
I would say you have found something that is both a bug and working as designed, it looks like each ship has tried to execute the orders given to the task force and in doing so created 8 colonies, instead of 1 colony with 8 times the population. The way around this is probably easiest to establish a colony from the system generation screen F9, just select a body and then add colony, then just use the colony ships for unloading settlers with.

I'm not even sure this could be argued as a bug since I can't think how it could be done so that a TG would do checks, since all ships in the group are making a move at the same time there isn't even an order of movement which could be applied to check for colony existence. The solution to your current issue is either use the ships there in orbit to do load/unload orders of colonists between the new colonies to condense the population to one. Or much quicker just use SM to mod the population of the one you want to keep and then abandon the rest.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »
Yes, things like this are the reason SM mode exists.  Use it to move all your population and installations to one colony, then 'Abandon Colony' the others.