Author Topic: Patch for v5.14  (Read 7334 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Patch for v5.14
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
IMPORTANT! This patch includes a minor database change. I didn't want to release a new database just for this one change but you will have to trigger the database update. When you enter the Game window for the first time, there will be an error popup. Ignore this and select any game. Now go to the Game menu on the main menu bar and select v5.14 Data Update. You should almost immediately see a popup stating "Update Complete". Your database is now updated and ready to continue. This won't affect any saved game.

This is a bug-fix patch that will only work on v5.10 or later. To apply the patch just unzip the Aurora514.zip.exe into the installation directory, overwriting Aurora.exe. Don't forget to follow the above instructions when you run the game for the first time.

http://www.pentarch.org/steve/Aurora514.zip

Steve

Offline solops

• Petty Officer
  • s
Re: Patch for v5.14
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »
OK, what do I need to download and install get from 4.91 to 5.14? This thread and the 5.10 thread seem to indicate that all I need to do is install 5.10 (6.6mb) and then 5.14 (4.0mb). However, I note that version 5.0 was 11.1 mb. This makes me wonder if that earlier version might be required as well.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
5.1.0 and 5.1.4 should be enough.

I just checked to make sure. Yes, 5.1 has both, aurora.exe and the database, so you don´t need 5.0
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Judicator

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »
Hey, I just installed the game, and attempted to apply both patches in order. It never gave me the option to update the database in my game menu and every time I start up it throws 13 errors at me before letting me through. Is this normal?

Every time I attempt to make a new game, it hits me with endless errors, forcing me to close the process with task manager.

I have tried deleting the aurora game file and reinstalling fresh, which strangely still carried over a save game I had. Help would be MUCH appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I have just re-installed everything in order. I am getting the forewarned errors from Steve about errors 3061, 3265, and then a ton of 91 errors followed by the endless spam of errors whenever I try to make a new game. I have done everything precisely as the instructions did and I live in the US where it's separated by a decimal etc etc. Once again, help would be appreciated.

CURRENT UPDATE: I have made a fresh install into a new aurora designated folder. I have successfully patched to 5.13 with no error on startup, with the first game on the menu being titled "The Space Race". I have attempted to install the 5.14 patch, but it only asks me to replace the aurora exe and NOT the mdb or whatever file that it asked me to replace on the 510 patch. Upon replacing the exe, I see it is still on v5.13 but thankfully with no errors still. Is this right? Or am I missing something?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »
The database is only replaced in major patches, i.e. from 5.0 to 5.1. Those are also the patches, you´ll loose any saved games.
The small patches, i.e. from 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 only replaces the exe.

Start the game, select "Game". There should be a new option "v. 5.1.4 data update" select this. Now you wil run a proper 5.1.4
If this option does not exist, try overwriting the aurora exe with the one from the 5.1.4 patch again.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »
At start up I am getting:

Error 3265 generated by DAO.fields
Item not found in this collection

I had copied in 5.10 and 5.14.

It was working before this set up updates.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:17:01 AM »
Quote from: "ShadoCat"
At start up I am getting:

Error 3265 generated by DAO.fields
Item not found in this collection

I had copied in 5.10 and 5.14.

It was working before this set up updates.

Jeff, read the post prior to yours :)

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Jeff, read the post prior to yours :)

Got it.  

Thank you.

It was hiding.....

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 06:20:34 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
IMPORTANT! This patch includes a minor database change. I didn't want to release a new database just for this one change but you will have to trigger the database update. When you enter the Game window for the first time, there will be an error popup. Ignore this and select any game. Now go to the Game menu on the main menu bar and select v5.14 Data Update. You should almost immediately see a popup stating "Update Complete". Your database is now updated and ready to continue. This won't affect any saved game.

This is a bug-fix patch that will only work on v5.10 or later. To apply the patch just unzip the Aurora514.zip.exe into the installation directory, overwriting Aurora.exe. Don't forget to follow the above instructions when you run the game for the first time.

Steve

Steve,any release date for 5.2?

Ty srry for un-patient:)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"

Steve

Steve,any release date for 5.2?

Ty srry for un-patient:)
A week or two. I am still thinking about the whole Narrowband sensor question - particularly now someone has pointed out the downside for cloaked ships.

Steve

Offline laz

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »
Excellent. Do think it will definatly be ready before september?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
Quote from: "laz"
Excellent. Do think it will definatly be ready before september?
Should be. I am going away this week though as the UK Poker Tour is in Luton, near London and I have booked a hotel down there. I leave on Tuesday and should be back on Sunday night.

Steve

Offline laz

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
Ah coming down to my neck of the woods i see. Well people don't come down to Luton for the scenary thats for sure

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »
I am going to Vegas next week - but I do not gamble!

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 02:39:54 AM »
LOL!
Beer be careful out there.

Am living here,in North Italy, and one day or another i WILL find the Vegas way..:-D

am  loving USA and UK too..The greats freedom nations