Author Topic: Civilian freighter behavior  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Edward Hamilton (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • E
Civilian freighter behavior
« on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:42 AM »
Is there any way to influence or direct the behavior of civilian freighters? Currently they seem to only pick up from my homeworld and then move to colonies.  If I create a contract that involves shipping from one colony to another colony, or from a colony back to the homeworld, they ignore it.

I also wish I could convince them to use the Lagrange point jumps.  They keep wandering off into the vast empty region between my primary star system and my secondary, 2 trillion km apart.  That's a long trip!

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Civilian freighter behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »
I believe that the logic is based on the chance of a profitable return trip after dropping off your contract. In my last game I noticed them going to my colonies more and more over time - as the colony grew and increased its wealth and trade exports/imports.

Also, commercial spacesport might not hurt either.

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
Re: Civilian freighter behavior
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:10:05 PM »
So, in starting a new game I have 7 countries/alliances starting on Earth, all pre-TN.  I am working on colonizing Mars using ships with conventional drives and before I researched Trans-Newtonics I was able to research orbital habitat.  I'm not sure if anyone else had this happen, or if it is even supposed to happen, but I just had a shipping company build an orbital habitat.  It will be interesting to see what they plan to do with it.  :-\

Adam.