Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Suggestions  (Read 343213 times)

Offline Marski

• Commander
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Suggestions
« Reply #2250 on: April 12, 2020, 09:46:06 PM »
Yeah ground force ranks need some love. Please I beg you, add the possibility to add ranks to the ground forces as well.

Offline jatzi

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #2251 on: April 13, 2020, 06:48:32 AM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=9841. msg120824#msg120824 date=1586679316
Quote from: jatzi link=topic=9841. msg120820#msg120820 date=1586669025
.  .  . What if though instead of randomly appearing from wormholes every once in awhile they were a large, powerful, established NPR-style race.   Like when you came across one of their systems the game would generate a dozen or more systems that they own.   Or when the game starts, guess it doesn't matter.   But yeah the idea is just that they're an established race with actual territory.  .  . 

Already in.

If -- upon exploring a jump point -- Aurora generates a "big" enough NPR to have multiple systems, it 'breaks' that jump point link and generates a new, stop-gap system and puts the original NPR-bearing system on the other side of one of the new system's jump points.   Aurora will do this two or three times if necessary.

So I know this thread is probably dead now but I'll respond here.  I didn't mean an NPR I meant a spoiler that is kind of like an NPR in that it owns systems but that's it.  It's just the idea that the invaders didn't leave through a wormhole after killing the precursors, they stayed and set up shop in some systems.  They'd be stronger and more advanced and ideally way more aggressive than a normal NPR.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2252 on: April 13, 2020, 10:26:30 AM »
Well, depending on your empire's tech level, Precursors and Swarm and even Invaders can be way less advanced or strong than the player.  They generally don't scale with you.

But -- unless such a race included some weird new tech or other systems -- what you are describing IS an NPR.  Or bog standard precursors, depending on whether or not they have populations.

Any NPR or spoiler that gets activated, stays activated, and expands or explores or exploits or exterminates according to its programmed behaviour.  Start a game with an NPR and have that NPR stumble into the Swarm the first month, and by the time your empire finds the Swarm it will have harvested fifty systems.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #2253 on: April 13, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »
Well, depending on your empire's tech level, Precursors and Swarm and even Invaders can be way less advanced or strong than the player.  They generally don't scale with you.

But -- unless such a race included some weird new tech or other systems -- what you are describing IS an NPR.  Or bog standard precursors, depending on whether or not they have populations.

Any NPR or spoiler that gets activated, stays activated, and expands or explores or exploits or exterminates according to its programmed behaviour.  Start a game with an NPR and have that NPR stumble into the Swarm the first month, and by the time your empire finds the Swarm it will have harvested fifty systems.

Personally I am having a lot of trouble with Precursors in C compared to VB. In VB I would make 10 or so ships with 1 or 2 quad gauss and the precursors couldn't hit me with missiles.

Now missiles move so fast that the tracking can't keep up and it seems like PD is really bad compared to VB and they are wrecking my fleets before they can get into range cause they have like a 10 percent chance to hit now compared to in VB they were hitting like 4/5 shots no problem.

Sightly unrelated but does anyone know if the precursors can "follow" you back to Sol? I had this happen in one of my VB games and I had no combat ships or PDC but with the new STO system I would love to test them out.

Also my suggestion is to either increase turret tracking speed researches or to make missiles slower cause right now they are insane.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2254 on: April 13, 2020, 12:02:16 PM »
I'm going to lock this thread so I know everything in it was pre-release

The following users thanked this post: lupin-de-mid, Jovus