Author Topic: Spoiler Occupied Planet  (Read 4795 times)

Offline schroeam (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
Spoiler Occupied Planet
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:55:28 AM »
Has anyone seen the effects of a Queen/Matriarch conquering a populated planet?  Up until now I have just made them priority #1 for extermination whenever I found them based on the FAC's and mesons, but I decided to, let's say experiment.  For transparency sake I set this up intentionally.  I created an NPR (500m pop planet) in a system where I discovered a Matriarch, then watched the ensuing slaughter, and was amazed by the results.  By the time I was able to bring my fleet to the system to eliminate the galactic threat she had spawned over three hundred 12,000 ton, meson-armed warships.  Granted, they were much slower than the FACs that had invaded the planet, and therefore easy pickings for carrier ops, but that didn't mean the battle was bloodless.  Lucky for me the planet was a col cost 0.0, so once the detrimental effects of the hive mothership (now deceased) being in orbit wore off the remaining population enjoyed blissful peace, under new management of course.

Adam.

The following users thanked this post: Cavgunner, superstrijder15

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
Re: Spoiler Occupied Planet
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
Wait, what, *HEAVY* star swarm soldiers?  That's freaking amazing!  And terrifying. 

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Spoiler Occupied Planet
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
Do it again except this time leave the Queen in peace for a decade and make sure the Homeworld has plenty of minerals. The results will really give you nightmares. Let's just say I had a game that ended prematurely because of such a thing.

The following users thanked this post: Mastik