Author Topic: Screen issue  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Screen issue
« on: April 01, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but lets see if you can fix my problem:

I have a macbook, and play aurora on a windows partition. My Macbook has seen better days, recently, a cord failure has caused a very strange screen glitch. Anything that shows up as solid white (FFFFFF) is rendered as bars of pink and white. It sucks.

I know what the problem is, but can't afford to fix it. Instead, I've just changed the settings on my favorite programs so that white is something else.

I want to play aurora, but it's nigh unplayable, pretty much everything with text is on that messy pink background.

Is there a way to change the settings of either aurora, or my windows machine, so that it renders the game in some other color.
This might be good to know in general because if I could make the colors gentler I could justifiably play while stargazing :)
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Screen issue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
figured it out on my own.

It is SUBSTANTIALLY easier to do it with windows than with Mac

Thanks for making a game that conforms to window's display settings by default. Aurora is now perfectly playable, and Galciv isn't.
Weird huh?
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound