Author Topic: Is there autocombat?  (Read 758 times)

Offline Mint Keyphase (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Is there autocombat?
« on: November 15, 2023, 07:13:53 AM »
I am kinda annoyed about selecting targets again and again during a large battle.

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Is there autocombat?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 08:06:11 AM »
You can use the Fire at Will button, and then Apply to Fleet. It'll get everyone firing I think.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 08:51:59 AM »
I am kinda annoyed about selecting targets again and again during a large battle.

Why are you selecting them again and again? Are you changing to to other targets and then back again?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 05:36:35 PM »
You don't have to select targets each time the guns are ready to fie - just pick them once and let them fire until the target is destroyed.

If you mean that selecting targets in general is too annoying for you, then unfortunately there is no help. Large battles are a test of endurance and willpower.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 11:04:30 PM »
The fire at will button helps a lot, what I do is select fire at will and look out for enemy ships being destroyed, every time the enemy fleet is destroyed I press fire at will to reacquire targets. If I want something specific shot at during a large battle I tend to only want specific ships to change their targeting anyways and not the whole fleet so it's not total agony.

That being said with missiles this still works but not as well, it's mostly for beam melees.

Offline Mint Keyphase (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 03:07:57 AM »
Well, the enemies are very weak, so each shot destroys one of their ships, but they have hundreds, so I had to press auto target every round. . .

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 07:30:54 AM »
Maybee if you ask nicely Steve will include a flag that make the fleet auto-target when a ship have no target selected but there are targets in range. I don't think that would be an unreasoinable feature to be honest, especially not with fighter beam combat more common.

The following users thanked this post: Warer