Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359718 times)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2020, 11:29:25 AM »
For some reason, the station was added to a random civilian fleet.

This sounds like a bug related to the "Space Stations" fleet selection dropdown on the Industry tab.
Perhaps if the selected fleet gets deleted while a station is being constructed, the game doesn't always correctly pick a replacement fleet to use.

The following users thanked this post: midikiman

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2020, 12:18:16 PM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=11545. msg139528#msg139528 date=1596472165
Quote from: midikiman link=topic=11545. msg139523#msg139523 date=1596460977

This sounds like a bug related to the "Space Stations" fleet selection dropdown on the Industry tab.
Perhaps if the selected fleet gets deleted while a station is being constructed, the game doesn't always correctly pick a replacement fleet to use.

The fleet wasn't deleted, but it did change composition.

Now I'm having a different issue with the station.  I tractored it to a gas giant where it eventually with some fiddling started harvesting sorium.  Civilian colony ships are stopping there to fill its hab modules.  However, no population shows up.  This may be because I can't put a colony there, which is a disappointing glitch/feature.  If I have a station that can house 200,000 people, it shouldn't matter what the planet looks like.

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2020, 12:23:50 PM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=11545. msg139528#msg139528 date=1596472165
Quote from: midikiman link=topic=11545. msg139523#msg139523 date=1596460977

Now I'm having a different issue with the station.  I tractored it to a gas giant where it eventually with some fiddling started harvesting sorium.  Civilian colony ships are stopping there to fill its hab modules.  However, no population shows up.  This may be because I can't put a colony there, which is a disappointing glitch/feature.  If I have a station that can house 200,000 people, it shouldn't matter what the planet looks like.

Currently you cannot make colonies at Gas Giants, nor in deep space.  So your orbital habitat is useless in orbit of a gas giant. Although it shouldn't even have been able to create a colony there, and so civilian ships should not be going there at all. Are you definitely playing on version 1.11?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2020, 12:37:23 PM »
Currently you cannot make colonies at Gas Giants, nor in deep space. 

That's odd, because I have several colonies on gas giants.
They have no population capacity, of course, but I can put a Refuelling Station on them so that I can unload fuel from the harvesters if they get full.
Is this a bug?

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
Yes, already reported, I think.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2020, 01:00:48 PM »
On the Contacts tab of the Tactical map, there is a checkbox for "Distances."

When this checkbox is checked, the text for each alien contact on the map has a distance at the end.
What is this distance? The distance to what?

I would have thought it was the distance from the (closest?) ship of mine that has that contact on its sensors, but that does not seem to be the case.

Right now, in the Cerberus system, I have three contacts at Cerberus-A IV.
All of those contacts show a "distance" of 95m.
The distance to my scanning fleet is 51mkm.
The distance to my intel ship (which is parked over the star in the center of the system) is 88mkm.
Interestingly, the distance displayed for the contacts always matches the distance from Cerberus-A IV to Cerberus-A I.

Perhaps the distance intended to be displayed is the distance to my intel ship, but a bug is ocurring because my intel ship is inside the orbit of the closest planet to the star?

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »
Hello.

I am trying to stablish some maintenance facilities in Mars. I moved 30 installations that provide me with 30.000 tons of capacity. The ships being maintained is 0 because I have not ships in orbit for now, that is more or less clear for me.

The problem is.. how are the MSP produced? Do they use the maintain facilities?

I clicked on stop the production tab in order to stop looking that there are not minerals. What is the cost in minerals or resources to create 1 MSP?

Thank you!

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2020, 03:22:38 PM »
You need Duranim, Uridium and Gallicite, I think 2:2:1, but don't quote me on that.
And yes, MSP are produced by maintenance facilities. Supply ships with maintenance storage bays can carry them, as not every planet where you want to station/overhaul ships might be in a system that can support the production.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »
Quote from: Elvin link=topic=11545. msg139533#msg139533 date=1596475430
Quote from: midikiman link=topic=11545. msg139532#msg139532 date=1596475096
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=11545.  msg139528#msg139528 date=1596472165
Quote from: midikiman link=topic=11545.  msg139523#msg139523 date=1596460977

Now I'm having a different issue with the station.   I tractored it to a gas giant where it eventually with some fiddling started harvesting sorium.   Civilian colony ships are stopping there to fill its hab modules.   However, no population shows up.   This may be because I can't put a colony there, which is a disappointing glitch/feature.   If I have a station that can house 200,000 people, it shouldn't matter what the planet looks like.

Currently you cannot make colonies at Gas Giants, nor in deep space.   So your orbital habitat is useless in orbit of a gas giant.  Although it shouldn't even have been able to create a colony there, and so civilian ships should not be going there at all.  Are you definitely playing on version 1. 11?

As far as I know, it's 1. 11.  I don't know of any way to find the version from inside the game, but the exe is dated 5/29.

It's true that I can't make a colony there, clicking the create colony button has no visible effect, but colony ships come in through the jump point, go straight to the station, then go back out the way they came.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2020, 07:48:44 PM »
On the Contacts tab of the Tactical map, there is a checkbox for "Distances."

When this checkbox is checked, the text for each alien contact on the map has a distance at the end.
What is this distance? The distance to what?

I would have thought it was the distance from the (closest?) ship of mine that has that contact on its sensors, but that does not seem to be the case.

It's distance from whatever fleet you clicked on last.
If you click on different fleets the distance should change.
I think it is limited to your fleets but I might be wrong.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline NumberOneBSUFan

• Leading Rate
  • N
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2020, 01:12:39 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums (and the game), and this thread seemed like a good place to post my question.  I'm trying to figure out how I can turn on notifications (I'd like to know when a research project gets finished without going to the research tab), but I can't quite figure it out for the life of me.  Any direction that you all can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2020, 01:44:16 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums (and the game), and this thread seemed like a good place to post my question.  I'm trying to figure out how I can turn on notifications (I'd like to know when a research project gets finished without going to the research tab), but I can't quite figure it out for the life of me.  Any direction that you all can provide would be greatly appreciated!

You want to look at the Events window - the one that looks sort of like a desk calendar.

Alternatively, you can turn on the Events view on the Tactical Map - it's one of the many checkboxes in the Display tab. This'll show the same events, but overlaid on the map itself.

The following users thanked this post: NumberOneBSUFan

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
There's currently no way to replenish crew losses on space stations - save tugging them to a colony (which is a bit... shall we say inconvenient), right?

I remember wishing for an option to ferry crew to them with shuttles back in VB though I don't recall that ever being implemented so I just wanted to check.  :)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »
I'd like to build a scrap yard. My idea was to use space stations with a Salvage module, put them in orbit of a planet with a decent colony.

Then move the ship I want to scrap and move it into orbit of the planet with the space stations and abandon it.

I'd scoop up the life pods, I'm assuming the abandon ship command creates life pods, and then use the salvage modules to salvage the ship in question.

Would that function as I intend it too?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2020, 08:19:46 PM »
I'd like to build a scrap yard. My idea was to use space stations with a Salvage module, put them in orbit of a planet with a decent colony.

Then move the ship I want to scrap and move it into orbit of the planet with the space stations and abandon it.

I'd scoop up the life pods, I'm assuming the abandon ship command creates life pods, and then use the salvage modules to salvage the ship in question.

Would that function as I intend it too?

Interesting idea.
It should work.
Don't forget to put a freighter in the salvaging fleet in order to collect the minerals.