Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359922 times)

skoormit and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1035 on: January 07, 2021, 09:16:04 PM »
Ok thanks.

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #1036 on: January 07, 2021, 09:27:43 PM »
I've just posted my AAR under C# fictions, but noticed several people have their own board for their AARs. What does one have to do in order to be considered worthy receiving one?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1037 on: January 07, 2021, 10:04:25 PM »
I've just posted my AAR under C# fictions, but noticed several people have their own board for their AARs. What does one have to do in order to be considered worthy receiving one?

I guess ask to the right person.

;D

You need to ask Erik, but I don't know the criteria. I currently use only my main thread as I don't have many posts there despite the high number of views, so I am fine with currentvstate of things. However I am planning something big for 1.13 so I may need a bigger "platform".

Having your own board is useful if:

You have many people commenting on it and it breaks the posts of the story too often leading people that are interested in reading only to be frustrated with constants updates for just a few questions.
You have multiple stories.
You want to separate story, designs, comments, races, and more.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 01:09:00 AM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1038 on: January 08, 2021, 12:45:07 AM »

I just asked Erik and he said "k, done", and that was that. Reason was to have a place where the updates thread and the comments thread can be together, as well as having a place for any other threads or eventual future AARs.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1039 on: January 08, 2021, 02:22:25 AM »
What is the difference in resources and equipment recovered between scrapping and salvaging and intact abandoned ship or station? Should it not be very much the same?

I'm not sure on numbers, but scrapping a ship preserves as many TNEs as possible, whereas salvage is basically scraping a hulk for what's left after it went kaboom. Logically, the latter procedure would be rather less productive.

I tried salvaging vs scrapping on a  few ships. The differences are minor. You get all the intact components in both cases. These make up the bulk of a ships value. On top of that I could not see a significant difference in resources recovered. The two major differences that I encountered were:

Scrapping requires a shipyard of sufficient size. Navy yards can scrap all, while civilian yards can only scrap civilian ships, but shipyard size can be pretty limiting and binds quite some workforce when you consider scrapping stations.

Salvaging requires abandoning the ship, which destroys the fuel, MSP and ammunition aboard, but you will retain all the materials as long as you have sufficient cargo space on the salvager. A fleet of salvagers should therefore be able to recycle any ship. I did not destroy any ship that does not fit in one 125kt cargo module.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:26:27 AM by kilo »

The following users thanked this post: DavidFRS

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #1040 on: January 08, 2021, 05:47:04 AM »
My Ground Force Commander Ranks are from Major to Field Marshall . If required how could I install a new rank of Captain into the rank hierarchy or even Lieutenant below that.

I have tried entering a new rank of Captain on the Commanders screen but the rank is added above the Field Marshall rank and I cannot see how to move the rank down to be below Major. I assume that I would have to SM any commanders into the Rank of Captain as Aurora  would not automatically start new commanders with the rank of Captain if this rank is introduced.

Is adding a new rank feasible or even possible and is so would any characters in the added rank even get promoted by the programme?

DavidR

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1041 on: January 08, 2021, 05:49:19 AM »
There are always 7 fixed ranks. Only thing you can do is rename them and promote/demote people between them.

Offline Theoatmeal2

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #1042 on: January 08, 2021, 05:58:39 AM »
This is embarrassing but my question is how do I launch fighters?

I`m sure its something obvious but I can`t find it.
I have the fighters docked inside the carrier just don`t know how to launch them.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1043 on: January 08, 2021, 08:15:10 AM »

I have the fighters docked inside the carrier just don`t know how to launch them.

1. You have to open the fleet menu either by clicking on the star destroyer or by right clicking on your fleet in the system view.
2. Pick the fleet with your fighters.
3. hold the left mouse button down and mark the ships you want to launch and click the detach button.

EDIT: You can assign fighters to your carriers as a sub-fleet. This allows you to launch a standard flight.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:17:09 AM by kilo »

The following users thanked this post: Theoatmeal2

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #1044 on: January 08, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
Ground STO unit

Does a ground unit STO require any other item other than the actual weapon to be able to fire?

For example I have a carronade that requires a Beam Fire Control , Reactor Power and an AS sensor to be able to fire when on a vessel.

What about when on land as a Ground Unit STO weapon ?

DavidR

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #1045 on: January 08, 2021, 10:57:38 AM »
I mean if you cant put those on the surface of the planet...probably not?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1046 on: January 08, 2021, 11:10:55 AM »
Ground STO unit

Does a ground unit STO require any other item other than the actual weapon to be able to fire?

For example I have a carronade that requires a Beam Fire Control , Reactor Power and an AS sensor to be able to fire when on a vessel.

What about when on land as a Ground Unit STO weapon ?

DavidR

Every STO comes packed with an active sensor and BFC and is assumed that it can power itself. The only additional (and optional) things you can add is PD capability (gauss only) and ECCM

The following users thanked this post: davidr

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1047 on: January 08, 2021, 12:55:00 PM »
There are always 7 fixed ranks. Only thing you can do is rename them and promote/demote people between them.

This is incorrect. You can add or delete as many ranks as you like. However, adding a rank always places it at the top of the ranks hierarchy, so if you wish to add a bottom or middle rank you need to add ranks to the top until you have as many ranks as you need, then rename all of the ranks to have the order you want. It's a bit tedious, but you only have to do it once anyways.

1. You have to open the fleet menu either by clicking on the star destroyer or by right clicking on your fleet in the system view.
2. Pick the fleet with your fighters.
3. hold the left mouse button down and mark the ships you want to launch and click the detach button.

EDIT: You can assign fighters to your carriers as a sub-fleet. This allows you to launch a standard flight.

An alternative is that you can select the fighters or subfleet from the fleet tree on the left and click "Detach". This is one use of subfleets to make managing your fleets less tedious.

The following users thanked this post: Zap0

Offline dersavage

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #1048 on: January 08, 2021, 04:00:19 PM »
I don't get it.  Icarus (LG) asteroid colony have LG infra 127, enough for 0. 64M colonist.  Population is only 0. 1M and still I get unrest due to overcrowding.  Why is that?

Here is screenshot.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1049 on: January 08, 2021, 04:06:01 PM »
I don't get it.  Icarus (LG) asteroid colony have LG infra 127, enough for 0. 64M colonist.  Population is only 0. 1M and still I get unrest due to overcrowding.  Why is that?

Here is screenshot.

Look at the carrying capacity of the body, it can only accommodate 0.05m people but you have double that.

The following users thanked this post: dersavage