Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359905 times)

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1530 on: March 08, 2021, 02:04:58 PM »
Can ship commanders get medals for destroying ground units?  Can ground commanders commanding STO's get medals for destroying ships?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1531 on: March 08, 2021, 02:46:17 PM »
Can ship commanders get medals for destroying ground units?  Can ground commanders commanding STO's get medals for destroying ships?

Yes and Yes

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1532 on: March 08, 2021, 08:35:14 PM »

Yes and Yes

Until I build some real heavy hitting warships, my STO commanders are often my most decorated officers when it comes to tonnage destroyed.

Offline MuthaF

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #1533 on: March 11, 2021, 06:53:38 AM »
[rewritten/resolved]
ok. . .   i've identified the issue causing slowdowns to max 6hrs interval, its actually single damaged Salvager. [check for NPR's damaged ships]
I wanted to make simple procedure to delete problematic ships from DB with all related records, but after deleting all data referencing to shipid/fleetid, game was still generating several null references from functions i couldnt identify...
Which left me to just change NPR in question to Human player, deleting that fleet, saving game and returning NPR to NPR.  No errors detected, hopefully NPR will work on..

Leaving this for a chance it will help somobody or if somebody wants to share all fleet/ship relevant tables to delete..

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 09:14:15 AM by MuthaF »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1534 on: March 11, 2021, 11:51:58 PM »
[rewritten/resolved]
ok. . .   i've identified the issue causing slowdowns to max 6hrs interval, its actually single damaged Salvager. [check for NPR's damaged ships]
I wanted to make simple procedure to delete problematic ships from DB with all related records, but after deleting all data referencing to shipid/fleetid, game was still generating several null references from functions i couldnt identify...
Which left me to just change NPR in question to Human player, deleting that fleet, saving game and returning NPR to NPR.  No errors detected, hopefully NPR will work on..

Leaving this for a chance it will help somobody or if somebody wants to share all fleet/ship relevant tables to delete..

The DB doesn't have any foreign keys or relations set, so I'd be careful deleting stuff from the DB directly. There's a delete ships function in the game (requires you to set that empire as playable so you can select it), which presumably does the needful with any related entries.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1535 on: March 12, 2021, 07:03:34 AM »
Is it possible to stack more than 1 capability on an infantry unit using the Unit Class Design tab on the Ground Units window? For fluff reasons I'd like to create some genetically enhanced uber soldiers :)
Welchbloke

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1536 on: March 12, 2021, 07:06:19 AM »
Is it possible to stack more than 1 capability on an infantry unit using the Unit Class Design tab on the Ground Units window? For fluff reasons I'd like to create some genetically enhanced uber soldiers :)

Ctrl or shift-click the capabilities and it should add multiple. You can't have multiple gene mods on an infantry unit though.

The following users thanked this post: welchbloke

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #1537 on: March 12, 2021, 12:19:19 PM »
You can't have multiple gene mods on an infantry unit though.
Well, you kinda can.  You can add multiple gene mods, but only one actually works.  You will pay for all of them though.

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
« Reply #1538 on: March 13, 2021, 08:25:16 AM »
Quick question because I have yet to see it but does NPRs use ground support fighters?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1539 on: March 13, 2021, 08:25:44 AM »
No, not yet. I will get around to it eventually.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, serger, Warer

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
« Reply #1540 on: March 13, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »
Cool.  I wouldn’t mind seeing atmospheric combat between GSFs at some point in the future because that would be a fun variable. 

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1541 on: March 13, 2021, 02:03:41 PM »
Is there an explanation as to how exactly "Protection Required/Actual" in combination with "Police Strength / Resistance" works? Are they dependent on each other or not?

Example: I have a colony with 88.45 million people living there. The game tells me: Required Protection: 60 - Actual: 0 - Police Strength: 30 - Resistance: 58 - but the colony is fine and at 100% Stability. How can I deduce as to how much Police Strength I do need so the colony stays stable? I had thought at least equal to "Resistance" but obviously not. Or is it dependent upon "Protection"? If so it does not affect stability in this case... .

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1542 on: March 13, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »
Is there an explanation as to how exactly "Protection Required/Actual" in combination with "Police Strength / Resistance" works? Are they dependent on each other or not?

Example: I have a colony with 88.45 million people living there. The game tells me: Required Protection: 60 - Actual: 0 - Police Strength: 30 - Resistance: 58 - but the colony is fine and at 100% Stability. How can I deduce as to how much Police Strength I do need so the colony stays stable? I had thought at least equal to "Resistance" but obviously not. Or is it dependent upon "Protection"? If so it does not affect stability in this case... .

"Protection" indicates how threatened a population feels in the absence of nice, big warships with impressive-looking guns to protect them from big bad space aliens. The "actual" value is the sum of PPV values of all warships in the system, and all colonies in a system feel protected by all ships in a system, even if the ships are on a nice warm resort world in the inner system and the colony happens to be on an iceball with 30b km orbital radius.

Police and Resistance indicate the ability of ground forces at the colony to keep the population under control, while resistance can exist for various reasons, including but not limited to a lack of PPV in-system. Other causes include overpopulation and I believe being a recently-conquered population in need of subjugation.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1543 on: March 13, 2021, 03:57:06 PM »
"Protection" indicates how threatened a population feels in the absence of nice, big warships with impressive-looking guns to protect them from big bad space aliens. The "actual" value is the sum of PPV values of all warships in the system, and all colonies in a system feel protected by all ships in a system, even if the ships are on a nice warm resort world in the inner system and the colony happens to be on an iceball with 30b km orbital radius.

Police and Resistance indicate the ability of ground forces at the colony to keep the population under control, while resistance can exist for various reasons, including but not limited to a lack of PPV in-system. Other causes include overpopulation and I believe being a recently-conquered population in need of subjugation.
Thanks. So I basically only need the police strength if one of the triggers makes a population grow angry and when they are the police strength tells me how quickly I can counter the resistance or can slow them down until they declare independence. Fine. I am wondering though why that population from my example isn't worried about the missing protection and shouldn't that trigger them to being angry?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1544 on: March 13, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »

Thanks. So I basically only need the police strength if one of the triggers makes a population grow angry and when they are the police strength tells me how quickly I can counter the resistance or can slow them down until they declare independence. Fine. I am wondering though why that population from my example isn't worried about the missing protection and shouldn't that trigger them to being angry?

What's happening is that you've got enough police to counter the unrest that is being generated. You do not need 100% unrest reduction in order to successfully maintain order, as the colony grows the amount of unrest generating will go up because of more PPV being needed but also policing will become less effective since larger populations need police.

Unfortunately the game does not tell you the % unrest being generated in the planet summary and you have to eyeball it when the unrest starts to reduce stability so I can't give you a good answer on how much police you need. Just make sure that the policing % unrest reduction is higher that the % unrest increase that you'd expect.