Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359884 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2070 on: July 26, 2021, 08:27:26 PM »
So if you want a "heroic" ship, give it a high-Reaction commander. Of course an alternative term for "heroism" is "kill-stealing"...  ;)

Again, both my initial question and my comment about heroism was not about sequence of hits from different ships - it was about sequence of hits from different weapons, mounted on the same ship - independent ship, that is operating independently with a perspective of possible fight by oneself against superior opponents.

All weapons will fire at once and then damage is applied after this. Due to the way damage works there's no real effect from the sequence of weapons firing (with the possible exception of mesons? And no one cares about those anymore... R.I.P.). There is no functionality right now where a ship will only fire as many weapons as needed to destroy the target, presently all weapons fire and then damage is calculated. The only part that is affected by Reaction score is firing from multiple ships.
Aye but he is asking if there is a way to "game" the sequence in which a single ship's weapon damage is calculated. And it'll have to go through BFCs, there's nothing else AFAIK. It goes by BFC by BFC, so you might have the shield-busting weapons under the top-most BFC, then your microwaves under the bottom-most BFC. I don't know if that's the order in which damage from weapons is calculated but it might work. Try it out and let us know!

The following users thanked this post: serger, nuclearslurpee

Offline themousemaster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #2071 on: July 26, 2021, 08:35:44 PM »
I have 2 NPRs in my game... a hostile one (which I blew the homeworld of to quarks a long time ago), and a friendly one I've been cordial with for a long time.

The cordial one just rolled the 5-thousandth ship off of it's assembly line (at least that I am aware of), and it's chugging my game quite a bit.

I don't want to fight them, they are my friends, but is their a way I can... "encourage" them to use some of their fleet up?

(I tried going into SM mode, choosing their home system, and "creating swarms", but that hasn't seemed to have the effect I was hoping for... I don't know where the swarms went, but it isn't their system)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2072 on: July 26, 2021, 08:42:35 PM »
Aye but he is asking if there is a way to "game" the sequence in which a single ship's weapon damage is calculated. And it'll have to go through BFCs, there's nothing else AFAIK. It goes by BFC by BFC, so you might have the shield-busting weapons under the top-most BFC, then your microwaves under the bottom-most BFC. I don't know if that's the order in which damage from weapons is calculated but it might work. Try it out and let us know!

I hadn't thought about shields... but yes, BFC order is the only thing I can think of that would affect this, then. And then presumably the ordering of the weapons under that BFC.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #2073 on: July 27, 2021, 10:05:41 AM »
Hi,
I have not designed a magnetoplasma warship for quite some time. What speed am I aiming for? It is going to be a 20k tons cruiser with 50b km range. What do you think about 6k km/s?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2074 on: July 27, 2021, 10:36:55 AM »
Hi,
I have not designed a magnetoplasma warship for quite some time. What speed am I aiming for? It is going to be a 20k tons cruiser with 50b km range. What do you think about 6k km/s?

As a rough ballpark, a ship with 1/3 of the mass as engines with 1.0x EP modifier will give you something similar to what the NPRs use, which gives you a rough target to match or exceed depending on your own fleet doctrine. At MP tech this would be around 5,333 km/s which is in a ballpark veteran players may recognize.

Generally for missile-based fleets I will stick to something around this speed, maybe even a bit slower for carriers or other distant-echelon warships. For beam-heavy fleets I will tend to look at a fleet speed resulting from closer to 40% engine mass fraction, which for MP tech gives 6,400 km/s. This is usually plenty for outrunning or closing the distance to NPR fleets.

You can of course get better efficiency from using higher EP boosts and more fuel, but I usually don't do this as I like fuel conservation and the cost of the engines is the same in either case since the cost depends on total EP, not size.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2075 on: August 05, 2021, 04:25:26 AM »
I have a problem and I don't know where it does come from.

This is my Cruiser:

Code: [Select]
CLJ Forebearer  (Defiant IIIS class Light Jump Cruiser)      15,000 tons       385 Crew       2,604.7 BP       TCS 300    TH 750    EM 0
5000 km/s    JR 3-50      Armour 7-54       Shields 0-0       HTK 77      Sensors 6/6/0/0      DCR 13      PPV 6
Maint Life 2.38 Years     MSP 1,921    AFR 137%    IFR 1.9%    1YR 463    5YR 6,948    Max Repair 593 MSP
Lord-Captain    Control Rating 2   BRG   AUX   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months    Morale Check Required   

Gravitic Propulsion System JM150     Max Ship Size 15000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3

Hyperion Drive System ID-500M "Eagle III" Cruiser Engine (3)    Power 1500    Fuel Use 30.0%    Signature 250.0    Explosion 10%
Fuel Capacity 909,000 Litres    Range 36.4 billion km (84 days at full power)

Astaroth AK-10 Weapons Battery (2x4)    Range 30,000km     TS: 5,000 km/s     Power 3-3     RM 30,000 km    ROF 5       
MK II Secondary Weapons Battery Fire Control (1)     Max Range: 33,600 km   TS: 5,000 km/s     70 40 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Janan R6 Gas Reactor (1)     Total Power Output 6.2    Exp 5%

MK I Light Cruiser Active Augur Array (1)     GPS 7200     Range 52.8m km    Resolution 120
MK I Small Torpedo Detection System (1)     GPS 6     Range 3.4m km    MCR 304.7k km    Resolution 1
MK I Infrarred Augur Array (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19.4m km
MK I Electromagnetic Augur Array (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19.4m km

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a c for auto-assignment purposes

The problem is that in the ship combat tab I cant see any weapon  ??? ???

It has some railguns, beam FC, sensors.. etc. But can't assign any weapon to the FC because it is not shown:

The point is that I was able to do previously. I made some upgrades in the ships, (IIIS) but I think all is correct. Could you take a look? Maybe I'm missing something.

EDITED: I created a test game and SM'd a small ship with railguns and the weapons appears correctly. I think the save is corrupted somehow and now I have to start again... after 94 years :(

EDITED 2: I created, using SM, in the same game a ship using the same Railguns, Power Plant and FC.. and it shows the weapons in the ship combat tab. I also "copied" the ship in the design tab and SM'd one and it shows the weapons (with the exact components).

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 04:52:40 AM by idefelipe »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2076 on: August 05, 2021, 05:26:48 AM »
Use the SM created ship to copy firecontrol template to all other ships of the same class, there is button for this (Assign All). This should solve this issue.

This can happen if you change the design in SM mode after the ship is built or when the ship is refitted. Another reason why there are no weapons can be combat damage as destroyed weapons are not shown in the list.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2077 on: August 05, 2021, 05:53:43 AM »
I am not very sure what do you mean. Lets see if I am doing it correctly:

- I copy a ship.

- I move that ship to the fleet were the "bugged" ships are.

- I go to the combat ship tab.

- I move the weapons in the good ship, to the FCs

- I click on "assign all" button in the left column.

I did that, and nothing happened. The ships are still without weapons.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #2078 on: August 05, 2021, 06:04:34 AM »
I've had similar issues with ships after they have been upgraded. On the 'bugged' ship click the Auto Assign FC button, for me at least that magically "finds" any lost weapons and fixes the problem.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2079 on: August 05, 2021, 06:13:46 AM »
It worked!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you very much. I will report this bug to Steve, hopefully he can fix it before 1.14

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #2080 on: August 07, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »
I conquered an enemy planet and put police forces on it to max out the political stability modifier. Somehow the game keeps creating "new" colonies of said planet saying that the enemy forces capitulated. The political status of the planet is "Imperial Population".

What can I do to impede the creation of new colonies on the conquered planet?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:51:57 PM by Kamilo »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2081 on: August 08, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »
That sounds like a very weird bug and first time that I've heard of it. Please upload your database and link to it in the Bugs thread so that Steve can take a closer look when he has time.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2082 on: August 08, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »
I conquered an enemy planet and put police forces on it to max out the political stability modifier. Somehow the game keeps creating "new" colonies of said planet saying that the enemy forces capitulated. The political status of the planet is "Imperial Population".

What can I do to impede the creation of new colonies on the conquered planet?

So in one of my games I decided to DB magic to eliminate an NPR which was conquered already. One of the weird things I noticed was that the NPR had like 30 "populated" colonies with 0,01m population, none of them were being conquered because they were presumably empty. So I think the creation of these new colonies for you is that somehow, you are conquering these weird colonies.

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #2083 on: August 08, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »
Thing is that there isn't any pop on these newly created colonies.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #2084 on: August 09, 2021, 08:35:23 AM »
Does anyone know if Female boolean field in DIM_CommanderNames is consistent with FamilyName field?
That is: if I add feminitive surnames set for, say, a Russian naming scheme, making both Female and FamilyName fields TRUE for them - will it work well or break smth several years in?

There is no such name now in this table (with both Female and FamilyName TRUE) nor in-game interface to add feminitive surnames, yet there are independent fields there, so DB-wise it's possible. I just don't know if Aurora code will take it correctly.