Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359983 times)

ChubbyPitbull and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2685 on: June 07, 2022, 10:49:37 AM »
Now there are a few hundred ships of theirs out of fuel. Could this be the case, or what else? Is it ok to delete just those ships, or do I need to delete the according (empty) fleets and their movement orders as well?
Also, game now uses nearly a gig of memory, while the DB is over 200 megs. Is it normal?
I don't have any definite answers for you, but if it has gotten that bad and you have some ideas, maybe just duplicate the database and experiment, like with deleting those empty fleets. Something like this saved my current game one time, where I found some AI fleet that had the same ID as another, so deleting one corrected it all.

---
I also have my own question. I currently suffer loops of error #1951, #1943 and #478. Whenever I click any interval, there is a caravan of these, though I can hold Enter to make them go away eventually.
It all happened for the first time during an AI attack after they finished completely glassing Mercury that had only civilian mining and civilian led militia troops on them.
So my guess is that there is either some AI targeting issue that doesn't accept the civilian colony to be gone, or perhaps the erased military unit is causing some issues in reference somewhere else.
#1951 however says that it doesn't accept adding an object of the same ID, so could this be another generation issue related to spoiler spawn? (weird timing though to come exactly at their victory over the settlement)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #2686 on: June 07, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »
I don't have any definite answers for you, but if it has gotten that bad and you have some ideas, maybe just duplicate the database and experiment, like with deleting those empty fleets. Something like this saved my current game one time, where I found some AI fleet that had the same ID as another, so deleting one corrected it all.
well, i tried... but it didn't speed things up, just introduced a bunch of errors. apparently I need to fix more than I thought :D
i deleted ships with 0 fuel:
delete from FCT_Ship where GameID = 38 and RaceID <> 216 and Fuel = 0;
then deleted fleets with no ships in them:
delete from FCT_Fleet where FleetID in (select F.FleetID from FCT_Fleet F left join FCT_Ship S on S.FleetID = F.FleetID where F.GameID = 38 and F.RaceID <> 216 group by F.FleetID having count(S.ShipID) = 0);
(probably a bad idea...? maybe shipyard fleets targeted for newly built ships...? yeah...) this is probably not even necessary...
then similarly deleted move orders for non-existing fleets, but there was just one? weird.

anyway, here's the untouched db if anyone want's to have a look at it. it's for v1.12!!!

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2687 on: June 07, 2022, 02:42:34 PM »
Question:
Can ship maintenance module produce MSP, when they are not at any colony?
I was thinking about some kind of forward base, that would use miners to gather resources and then use them to produce MSP.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2688 on: June 07, 2022, 03:03:46 PM »
Question:
Can ship maintenance module produce MSP, when they are not at any colony?
I was thinking about some kind of forward base, that would use miners to gather resources and then use them to produce MSP.

No. They cannot even produce MSP at a colony, only ground facilities can do this.

Offline Steve Zax

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2689 on: June 07, 2022, 07:57:42 PM »
"They cannot even produce MSP at a colony, only ground facilities can do this. "

can Construction Ground Units do this?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2690 on: June 07, 2022, 08:09:58 PM »
"They cannot even produce MSP at a colony, only ground facilities can do this. "

can Construction Ground Units do this?

No. Unless they build a maintenance facility on the ground.

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2691 on: June 10, 2022, 06:31:02 AM »
Another Question:
Does amount of slipways affects shipyard capacity increase cost?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2692 on: June 10, 2022, 07:07:55 AM »
Another Question:
Does amount of slipways affects shipyard capacity increase cost?

Yes, you multiply the base cost by the number of slipways.
Adding capacity to a yard with 2 slipways costs twice as much (and takes twice as long) as adding the same capacity to a yard with 1 slipway.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2693 on: June 10, 2022, 09:27:27 AM »
I've been increasing my Diplomacy Rating with an NPR for many years.
At 200, the "Allow Trade Access" option appeared (and I enabled it).

The rating is now at 584, but no additional options have appeared.

Meanwhile, the NPR has granted me trade access, set Military Cooperation to "Friendly", and is sharing their geological data.

I would have expected at least some additional options to be available with the 500 rating.
Does anyone have any insight on this? Should more options be unlocked at this point, or does it really take a higher rating to get those?

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2694 on: June 10, 2022, 09:29:59 AM »
In my current game I build immobile jump-gate defense "stations" that are basically just armored and shielded floating hanger bays. See details below. For reference, despite the fairly high AFR to the contrary, they have 23 engineering bays.

I just got the message that "BST Bainbridge has suffered a catastrophic failure and exploded!" It wasn't in combat, and didn't take any damage, so I have to assume this was a maintenance failure, as implied by the message. There aren't any magazines, engines, or reactors on board, so I'm totally perplexed as to how this could happen, particularly when, as far as I know, it still had plenty of MSP and wasn't very far into its life. For reference, it's sister-ship was built slightly earlier and fielded in the same location, with a similar complement of fighters, and that ship still had 97% of its MSP.

From an RP perspective, I'm going to chalk it up to foreign sabotage, since it's guarding a hostile jump gate. However, I sure would like to understand why it happened, from a game mechanism perspective, so I can avoid losing 80kt of station and fighters, a full half of the force defending that jump point during an active war, to what seems to be a maintenance failure that shouldn't have occurred.

Code: [Select]
Ford class Battlestar      49,966 tons       597 Crew       6,219.4 BP       TCS 999    TH 0    EM 4,440
1 km/s      Armour 12-120       Shields 148-370       HTK 264      Sensors 22/0/0/0      DCR 53      PPV 0
Maint Life 5.30 Years     MSP 11,789    AFR 868%    IFR 12.1%    1YR 702    5YR 10,537    Max Repair 100 MSP
Hangar Deck Capacity 30,000 tons     
Captain    Control Rating 2   BRG   ENG   
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Flight Crew Berths 600    Morale Check Required   

Fuel Capacity 500,000 Litres    Range N/A
Gamma S37 / R370 Shields (4)     Recharge Time 370 seconds (0.4 per second)

Active Search Sensor AS15-R100 (1)     GPS 600     Range 15.7m km    Resolution 100
Active Search Sensor AS12-R1 (1)     GPS 42     Range 12.1m km    MCR 1.1m km    Resolution 1
Thermal Sensor TH2-22 (70%) (1)     Sensitivity 22     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  37.1m km

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a b for auto-assignment purposes

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2695 on: June 10, 2022, 09:36:55 AM »
I just got the message that "BST Bainbridge has suffered a catastrophic failure and exploded!" It wasn't in combat, and didn't take any damage, so I have to assume this was a maintenance failure, as implied by the message. There aren't any magazines, engines, or reactors on board, so I'm totally perplexed as to how this could happen, particularly when, as far as I know, it still had plenty of MSP and wasn't very far into its life. For reference, it's sister-ship was built slightly earlier and fielded in the same location, with a similar complement of fighters, and that ship still had 97% of its MSP.

There is a bug related to hangar-heavy designs that causes this.
More details here.

When my engineless carriers spontaneously explode, I use SM mode to replace them.

The following users thanked this post: nakorkren

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2696 on: June 10, 2022, 02:48:40 PM »
I guess that's all I can do. I had 75 fighters onboard, so losing most of those officers and trained crew really sucks.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2697 on: June 11, 2022, 08:45:07 PM »

Meanwhile, the NPR has granted me trade access, set Military Cooperation to "Friendly", and is sharing their geological data.

I would have expected at least some additional options to be available with the 500 rating.
Does anyone have any insight on this? Should more options be unlocked at this point, or does it really take a higher rating to get those?
Yes the ratings required are really high.

Offline themousemaster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #2698 on: June 13, 2022, 01:40:46 PM »

I *think* the next tier is at 800.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #2699 on: June 16, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »
Are the research costs for projects listed in db file or are they in exe?
I would want to mess with them and i dont know if its possible.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."