Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359853 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2940 on: August 29, 2022, 10:19:58 AM »
In the latest series of updates was gene modification implemented?

I have been looking through the change logs and don't see anything, but wanted to confirm with someone who is sure before I make some new game decisions.
Not yet.

Offline ranger044

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • r
« Reply #2941 on: August 29, 2022, 11:24:55 AM »
Do NPRs generated at game creation match (along the bell curve at least) with the player's starting parameters? For exame, if I were to start with 5b pop, would those NPRs start similarly or do they have a set starting range regardless of the player race? Looking at the 12 Colonies playthrough it kinda looks like they "match" with Steve at the beginning even though he started at 2b pop.

Offline paolot

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #2942 on: August 29, 2022, 01:58:35 PM »
The minerals mined by a commercial installation, where do they end?
How can I use them for my constructions?

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #2943 on: August 29, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
How can I issue orders to a fleet to perform action on itself?
For example, a ship needs maintenance and there is another ship, in the same fleet, with a maintenance module. Which order should I use to have the second ship repaired?

Offline ranger044

• r
« Reply #2944 on: August 29, 2022, 03:27:44 PM »
The minerals mined by a commercial installation, where do they end?
How can I use them for my constructions?

Minerals mined by civilians are by default taxed and "wasted". To make use of them you have to go to your mining tab, select the civilian mining complex, tick purchase instead of tax, and then select a mass driver destination. Civilian mining complexes come with a built in mass driver so you don't need to transport one, and if you don't select a destination they just end up on the body's stockpile as if you had just mined them

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #2945 on: August 29, 2022, 04:30:26 PM »
Minerals mined by civilians are by default taxed and "wasted". To make use of them you have to go to your mining tab, select the civilian mining complex, tick purchase instead of tax, and then select a mass driver destination. Civilian mining complexes come with a built in mass driver so you don't need to transport one, and if you don't select a destination they just end up on the body's stockpile as if you had just mined them

Thank you, ranger044!

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #2946 on: August 29, 2022, 06:33:10 PM »
I'm in trouble with ship combat.
Two alien ships entered solar system, and immediately started to shoot at my ships surveying the jump point.
I met them unfriendly in another system before, so the alien race is marked as hostile.
I set up the fire controls and the guns, but none of my ships has the alien ones as potential targets.
Aliens are slower than my ships, so I have them well within the range of the fire controls. Active sensors are on. ECCM are assigned to the FC. Combat is lasting for several minutes, but no ship is marked as target.
Some messages in the events say "Ship 1 is preparing for offensive fire but her weapons are not yet ready".
What am I doing wrong?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2947 on: August 29, 2022, 06:41:25 PM »
I'm in trouble with ship combat.
Two alien ships entered solar system, and immediately started to shoot at my ships surveying the jump point.
I met them unfriendly in another system before, so the alien race is marked as hostile.
I set up the fire controls and the guns, but none of my ships has the alien ones as potential targets.
Aliens are slower than my ships, so I have them well within the range of the fire controls. Active sensors are on. ECCM are assigned to the FC. Combat is lasting for several minutes, but no ship is marked as target.
Some messages in the events say "Ship 1 is preparing for offensive fire but her weapons are not yet ready".
What am I doing wrong?

The message means your ship is on jump shock, it'll stop after a while as the ship recovers from the jump. It can also be poor crew training level that results in this.

However the ships should be showing up as targets, you say the ships are within FC range. Are they within weapons range? A screenshot of the battle state as well as your ship design would help here.

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #2948 on: August 29, 2022, 06:53:51 PM »
The message means your ship is on jump shock, it'll stop after a while as the ship recovers from the jump.

I can exclude this: my ships were stationary, next the jump point, for several days.

It can also be poor crew training level that results in this.

Training is above 50%, and grade ranges from 10% up to 21%.

Attached the battle and the ship design.
Range, in the first row of the events, goes from 0 to 1,377 km.
I have detached and stopped the ships whose shield was below 10%, to let it recharge, before sending back to follow the aliens.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 07:02:48 PM by paolot »

Offline themousemaster

• t
« Reply #2949 on: August 29, 2022, 09:45:52 PM »
I just started my first 2.X game.

There seems to be an issue with my naval command promotion structure.  I am currently sitting on 1 Rear Admiral, 3 captains, 1 commander, and 2940 Lt. Commanders.

Further down, I noticed that my army has only majors.  About 2100 of em.

Is there a box I forgot to check somewhere?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #2950 on: August 29, 2022, 10:51:27 PM »
I just started my first 2.X game.

There seems to be an issue with my naval command promotion structure.  I am currently sitting on 1 Rear Admiral, 3 captains, 1 commander, and 2940 Lt. Commanders.

Further down, I noticed that my army has only majors.  About 2100 of em.

Is there a box I forgot to check somewhere?

Promotions and automatic assignments are no longer based on a fixed ratio of 1:2 (naval) or 1:3 (ground combat) officers. They are instead based on jobs available and the bonuses each captain has.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2951 on: August 29, 2022, 11:36:38 PM »
The message means your ship is on jump shock, it'll stop after a while as the ship recovers from the jump.

I can exclude this: my ships were stationary, next the jump point, for several days.

It can also be poor crew training level that results in this.

Training is above 50%, and grade ranges from 10% up to 21%.

Attached the battle and the ship design.
Range, in the first row of the events, goes from 0 to 1,377 km.
I have detached and stopped the ships whose shield was below 10%, to let it recharge, before sending back to follow the aliens.

I don't see any active sensors on this design - you need at least one ship with active ASS in range to provide precise location of the enemy (passive sensors and planetary sensors are not sufficient).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:39:27 PM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2952 on: August 30, 2022, 04:16:54 AM »
First game with 2.10, first explored system: Proxima Centauri, one superjovian planet with 18 moons and 4 asteroids.  No minerals, 0, nada, nothing... it never happened to me, has it ever happened to you?

-J-

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #2953 on: August 30, 2022, 04:27:46 AM »
I've been out of it for a bit. Is the 2.1.0 patch supposed to go straight on top of a fresh 1.13.0 install? Or is something else needed in between?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2954 on: August 30, 2022, 06:12:47 AM »
First game with 2.10, first explored system: Proxima Centauri, one superjovian planet with 18 moons and 4 asteroids.  No minerals, 0, nada, nothing... it never happened to me, has it ever happened to you?

-J-
Yes, though not with that many bodies. It's pretty rare!