Author Topic: Problems with modified species  (Read 1405 times)

Offline s20dan (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
Problems with modified species
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
Hi,
 I'm hoping someone can help me out with a couple problems I have in the game.   

I'm new to the game so I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I'll try to explain :)

I have researched a lot of genetic modifications and have created a secondary species (Martians), as that looked like fun.   
 However, for some reason Humans and Martians will not live together, whenever Martians are placed on a planet, they are requred to have their own fresh colony, instead of using the already established colony.   
 Martians cannot use any facilities on the Human part of the colony, and vice-versa.     Is this normal behaviour? It feels pretty unintuitive to me and is a little irritating.   

While writing this post I have stumbled onto the cause of my next problem, I am unable to supply my Martian colony on Mars with any construction facilities.     The colony has a permanent 0. 1 construction facilities and any attempts to load more onto the planet automatically divert them to the Human colony on the same world.   
 A few turns back I was getting overflow errors while trying to view Mars' production/economy screen, it had something to do with construction as when the current construction was deleted the overflow error stopped.   
 I checked and I'm able to supply the Martian colony with infastructure and automines, and at some point in the past I was able to supply the 0. 1 construction facilities before it started playing up.   

This second part should probably go in the bug section, but I'm unable to post there.     

Oh I'm also unable to add any facilities using 'SM Add', in fact this doesn't seem to work for any of my colonies, despite other SM options working.   

Cheers.   

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:33:55 PM by s20dan »

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: Problems with modified species
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
First part is intentional, albeit silly.

Second sounds like a bug.

To add facilities, use 'SM mods' down at the bottom of the pop+production window.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »
You can reply to the thread for the version of Aurora you are using. Keeping things in one thread helps Steve keep things organized.

Offline s20dan (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »
Ah-Ha Thanks Nightstar, I had missed that button.  Using that button I was able to see exactly what had happened.
  Turns out I was reading the info wrong as I can see that Mars has been given the right amount of construction buldings, however it was also in a full blown revolt.   That explains the lack of construction happening hehe.

@Erik I'll do that in the future if I stumble on any other bugs, but as it turns out this isn't a bug at all but rather a combination of me reading the informaton wrong and a set of coincidences happening on some of my colonies.
 This game is pretty complex, but I like that a lot :)

Thanks.