Author Topic: Can you rank up Civilians?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Can you rank up Civilians?
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:29:19 AM »
I have a single Rank 6 Civ Admin who has no bonuses at all. Is it possible for me to promote my much more useful Rank 5?
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: Can you rank up Civilians?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:38 AM »
Steps, in order: Turn on Spacemaster.  Hit f4. Select your civilian administrator. Press "promote" at the bottom left.  Revel in your godlike power.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:56:30 AM »
Haha! I normally avoid using SM, but seriously, HOW This guy got Rank 6 when he has NO bonueses and his admin rank is lower than everyone elses.... Cheers (as always) Shoe!

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:25:16 AM »
It's totally within roleplay to fire him for being useless and promote a lesser admin to the now vacant position.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
If only there was Government Type 'Mafia' where firing them generated a message saying "Admin is now sleeping with the fishes"

Actually, I COULD just drop him off on Venus or something...

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
Sure, he had embezzled a couple of million mega-credits and maybe his laziness had caused the Neo Mars starvation of 2162 but Frank still thought it cruel and unusual punishment to just drop him on Venus with nothing but a self-replicating environment suit and a basic survival kit. To be constantly observed by Media-Corps drone cameras, immortalizing his remaining days as a form of entertainment and healing to the rest of the society.

Such is life in the Aurora universe!  :P

Offline Zatsuza

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Z
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »
If only there was Government Type 'Mafia' where firing them generated a message saying "Admin is now sleeping with the fishes"

Actually, I COULD just drop him off on Venus or something...
'don... Es Useless administrator outranks everi-one Yet, he has no skeels. What should we do, don?'

*eats pasta*
*heavy, wheezing breath*
'aah... Stupido Pesse-- Didn't turn off political bonuses, eh?'
'Yes Don-- but we still no know how he did it. Bribed the pigs?'
'we are the pigs now, Pesse. Didn't Don Macaroni discover dat system filled with the little scratchy critters? Swarmers or somethin?'

'--ah, yes don. You want he sleeps with the space swarmers?'

'...Have it done. I have an appointment with my dear belle in Alpha Centauri soon. She getting married an' her loverboy needs to be... ah... welcom'd[/b to da family.'

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:16:11 AM »
'don... Es Useless administrator outranks everi-one Yet, he has no skeels. What should we do, don?'

*eats pasta*
*heavy, wheezing breath*
'aah... Stupido Pesse-- Didn't turn off political bonuses, eh?'
'Yes Don-- but we still no know how he did it. Bribed the pigs?'
'we are the pigs now, Pesse. Didn't Don Macaroni discover dat system filled with the little scratchy critters? Swarmers or somethin?'

'--ah, yes don. You want he sleeps with the space swarmers?'

'...Have it done. I have an appointment with my dear belle in Alpha Centauri soon. She getting married an' her loverboy needs to be... ah... welcom'd[/b to da family.'

First off, brilliant, secondly every scanner would have to be known as a 'Squealer' so you could name a ship 'Jimmy the'. And upset colonies would launder money, making your wealth worth less and less. Oh, and Steve would have to code in Administrator weddings son the Don's daughter could get married. You'd have to give fleets to your allies on that, the day of his daughters wedding.