Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 268580 times)

Offline Red Dot

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1620 on: February 01, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »
New personal best in my latest game. The empire now spans 250 systems with over 25Bn population. 6 alien races have been conquered.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:24:32 AM by Red Dot »

The following users thanked this post: GodEmperor

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #1621 on: February 01, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
impressive galaxy map :o

The following users thanked this post: Red Dot

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1622 on: February 01, 2017, 07:45:45 PM »
It is maps like that that make me want to have the option of slightly more warp points per system, with more clustering.  There are huge swaths of your empire that are only reachable through a single warp point or narrow chain of them.  I want more of a grid, a network instead of a tree.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #1623 on: February 01, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »
It is maps like that that make me want to have the option of slightly more warp points per system, with more clustering.  There are huge swaths of your empire that are only reachable through a single warp point or narrow chain of them.  I want more of a grid, a network instead of a tree.
It would make travel easier, but arranging your galaxy map would be a nightmare.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: Agoelia

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
« Reply #1624 on: February 02, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
You could do this yourself (the more warp points per system) pretty easily from SM mode I think? Just add 1 WP to every system once you've finished the grav survey? Or you could add in more clustering with a slightly more advanced 1/2 WPs stay unchanged, 3/4WPs get +1, %+WPs get +2. Lots of clusters in that model, but with some chains and dead ends.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1625 on: February 02, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »
A nice idea, TCD, but that only affects MY empire, not the structure of NPRs.

I would love to have the option of a "sunless sea", an area with starless nexii, relatively short distances between warp points, that act like relatively open seas that are difficult for any empire to claim, that are routes for trade, piracy and conflict.

Heck, how about an option that habitable systems have few warp points, but almost always connect to starless nexii that have lots of warp points?  That makes habitable systems more defensible, but ensures they have more expansion options once they get out of their system.  Yes, you end up with a lot of unimportant systems, and yes the map can be cluttered, but part of the fun for me is arranging the map.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #1626 on: February 02, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »
we used to have more WPs, but it was reduced a long while back and p much everyone agreed it was an improvement.  For one thing, it makes exploration a little more insane - the possibilities multiply enormously the more WPs you have per system.

You can manually create your desired layout - i won't say easily, but it is fairly straightforward. You need to manually generate your NPRs and set discover chances to zero, then pre-seed the NPRs (and yourself) with starless hubs leading off their inhabited systems. You can also pre-seed uncolonized systems using the same method. 

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1627 on: February 03, 2017, 02:27:34 AM »
Yes, I could do it MANUALLY, but then I can't DISCOVER it.  I would like different warp point ratios to be an OPTION.  There would be a strongly recommended set of ratios, and perhaps a few custom sets that allow for more starless nexi in the role I suggested.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #1628 on: February 03, 2017, 02:34:17 AM »
You can still conduct discovery as normal - there is no way to predict how the warp point connections will play out, and there will be plenty of systems generated as normal. Pregenerating some systems and starless 'hubs' just stacks the deck as it were.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1629 on: February 03, 2017, 03:50:41 PM »
New personal best in my latest game. The empire now spans 250 systems with over 25Bn population. 6 alien races have been conquered.

Jesus dude ... Mirrin hard.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #1630 on: February 03, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »

Wow. That's a very organized map. I never keep my maps organized past 20 or so systems :) It'd be nice if there were some sort of automatic organization tool.

The following users thanked this post: Agoelia

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1631 on: February 17, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »
Picking through my civilian administrator I have found Stephen Crawford.

Stephen is "Cautious" but 40 years ago he was talked to be a Governor of asteroid 2010 TK7. Having "No outside interests" has surely helped him in the long lonely years at this automatic mining colony of Earth. But he is also "Disciplined" so since 15 years ago the colony was closed and autominers moved elsewhere, which resulted in him being "Relieved from Governorship", he just kept "Remaining on the body and awaiting new orders". Good boy.

He also currently has the highest bonus to shipbuilding so I am moving him back to Earth. We need his expertise here then on some barren rock.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1632 on: February 18, 2017, 04:24:48 AM »
Picking through my civilian administrator I have found Stephen Crawford.

Stephen is "Cautious" but 40 years ago he was talked to be a Governor of asteroid 2010 TK7. Having "No outside interests" has surely helped him in the long lonely years at this automatic mining colony of Earth. But he is also "Disciplined" so since 15 years ago the colony was closed and autominers moved elsewhere, which resulted in him being "Relieved from Governorship", he just kept "Remaining on the body and awaiting new orders". Good boy.

He also currently has the highest bonus to shipbuilding so I am moving him back to Earth. We need his expertise here then on some barren rock.

Longest vacation ever. I bet he had some sexbot or secret ay lmao lover there and you ruined it :P
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #1633 on: February 28, 2017, 12:46:01 PM »
Found a stable wormhole in a system. Everything seems normal otherwise, surveyed most of the planets. Better send my military to have a look at this since it is different from normal jump points. I think it should be possible to jump through and will experiment to see if it requires a jump tender. It will be a task force of my most modern 7K ton Magneto-Plasma destroyers.

I have a vague idea something interesting may be up, but never encountered this before in my games.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1634 on: March 01, 2017, 01:44:44 AM »
After 60 years in I have only now realized Maintenance Facilities don't autobuild MSP on demand. I was quite confused why my gravsurvey ship didn't replenish her MSP stock even after 5th command to "Resupply at Earth". "Come on, you are smaller then Maintenance capacity there, there is enough of ores to build those MSP so go on and _do_ _resupply_...". @_@