Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 268479 times)

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1320 on: February 28, 2016, 09:29:51 PM »
  In the year 2100 Humanity decided to explore and expand into the far reaches of space.  Over the years human survey ships documented the Sol system and 6 surrounding systems.  Scientists scoured the survey data, looking for the choicest locations to establish colonies.  Human colonies were established on Luna, Mars, and several other locations in Sol, and 1 colony on the distant world of Blue Jay Prime. 

One day in the year 2150, a stable wormhole appeared in a nearby system.  Sensors soon picked up the thermal emissions of 2 alien craft.  Diplomats were sent to establish contact, but were never heard from again.  Humanity's first contact is hostile.  A blockade was established around the hostile jump point.  2 Alien survey craft were soon destroyed by the blockade, 2 more entered Sol from other points and were tracked down and destroyed.  2 others escaped and have not been seen since.  Human military and political leaders were pleased, the Aliens were not....

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1321 on: February 28, 2016, 10:49:08 PM »
  Uridium production has been a problem for military planners.  Large supplys on Luna and Mars, but very poor accessibility (0.1).  Terra-forming of Luna is complete, and Mars is nearly complete; 1.6 B people on Earth, and 250 m on Luna and Mars.  6-8000T ASM Frigates, 6-AMM Frigates, and 6-PD Frigates have been converted from Ion drive to magneto-plasma drives.  6-18000T ASM Destroyers, 6-AMM, and 6-PD Destroyers will soon be converted to M-P drives.  1 small aircraft carrier built, and 40 fighter-bombers have been trained.  Planetary defense bases are being built as resources are made available.  The stable wormhole has disappeared. Deep space tracking stations have been placed in all known systems, passive sensor buoys been placed on all known jump points, and ASM mines on all jump points in the Sol System.

The alien invasion began in 2155.  A gathering of large alien craft were 1st detected in the Justice system.  1-19400T Cardan ASM Destroyer and 1-19400T KDY Laser destroyer jumped into Sol.  20-ASM from the mine field struck the Cardan but failed to slow it.  M-P frigate TG1 was dispatched to intercept (TG 2 was in dock undergoing conversions), the much slower ion destroyer fleet was directed to blockade the jump point.  ASMs quickly decimated a dozen civilian sorium harvesters at Saturn, and dozens of other civilian craft were also destroyed in the region.  Frigate TG 1 intercepted the fleet at Saturn.  The invasion fleet was slightly faster and soon overran and destroyed Frigate TG 1, but not before both alien craft were heavily damaged.  The Alien TG continued its approach to earth, continuing its destruction of civilian shipping.  Fighter-bombers and ground based ASMs soon finished the 2 attackers.

Mistakes were made; sending the destroyer group to the jump point.  They may have been better following up behind the Frigate TG.  Despite the heavy loss of life, Human military and polical leaders were happy, the aliens were not....

Offline formicae

• Leading Rate
  • f
« Reply #1322 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »
33 years after humanity first began exploring the stars, we've finally found a route to Alpha Centauri.  10 jumps and 30 terameters from Sol, and 15 jumps and 45 terameters from Proxima.  At least even that's closer than doing it the hard way.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #1323 on: February 29, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »

Rest in peace.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1324 on: February 29, 2016, 11:44:13 AM »
Said screw it, so I started a new game in v7.1. Got bored with my End game v6.5 (7.0) after I annihilated 2 empires and spanked the invaders. Starting off random tech assignment game me ion drive tech, somewhat far in jump drive tech, and a few levels in most of the Missiles/kinetic branch. What I think I want to do this game is go down a somewhat niche doctrine. I will use missiles, plasma, particle, and rail as my main weapons, CIWS (gauss) and light rails as my PD, and I think I will try out the HPMs as a special weapon on some ships.

So far, a few years in, I have geo and grav survey ships designed and building (from a template design to get them on one yard), a freighter mostly designed with the yard about to tool for it (fiddling with numbers as I have to get them rounded), and military grade engines have finished researching (FC, mil-grade sensors, weapons themselves, and missiles have yet to be designed).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #1325 on: February 29, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »
33 years after humanity first began exploring the stars, we've finally found a route to Alpha Centauri.  10 jumps and 30 terameters from Sol, and 15 jumps and 45 terameters from Proxima.  At least even that's closer than doing it the hard way.

41 years after we started planning to explore the stars, and we just finally got a map of Alpha Centauri off the third alien empire we're laying into. No idea how to get there.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1326 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »
  2160 uridum shortages have limited upgrades and new facilities since the last battle.  A new, much larger Alien fleet appears in the Byrd system.  Invader 3-38750T Eclipse [50-Lasers] and 3-19400T Carillion [ASM Ship] class ships are making their way to Sol. 
Off-Topic: show
Based on other encounters i had a pretty good idea what these were.
  Soon after, massive numbers of missiles were detected inbound towards Earth and the mining colony on Mercury.  Military leadership decided to leave the frigate and destroyer fleets in earth orbit to support Earths defenses, fighter-bombers were dispatched. Ground and Ship based AMMs and point defenses performed well against the higher tech weapons, but were soon overwhelmed by the vast numbers.  I estimate 1600 size 4 ASM/Anti-planet missiles were fired at Earth and surrounding ships, and 4,000 size 1 missiles fired at Mercury.     Both sides took heavy damage, ground based ASMs were useless against the beam ships, but the fighter-bombers were very successful in destroying the 3-carrillion ships and 1-Eclipse.  Long load times eventually grounded the bombers.  The remaining 2 beam ships moved into range, (just outside my gun range of course.  ::) ) and began to fire upon my sensor bases.  At this point ground based ASMs became effective, and slowly were able to destroy the final 2 ships.

Final tally of the 2nd battle, 10 Terra-form platforms destroyed [ouch], 1 large freighter, 1 tanker, 6-fighter bombers, and numerous civilian ships were also destroyed or damaged.  2 ground based sensor PDCs, 1 fighter base pdc were destroyed, 1-ASM PDC heavily damaged.  The mining colony on Mercury was wiped out, radiation and dust levels near 15,000.  On Earth 8 research facilities were destroyed  :-X and several other facilities, 200 million dead, radiation and dust levels near 2,000.  Temperature on Earth has fallen -21.5C.  Recovery is going to be a long time.

Humanity survived another battle, but critical AMMs and ASM need replaced, ships and facilities to repair and replace.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1327 on: February 29, 2016, 10:11:02 PM »

Salvage and rescue operations completed.  Scientists will be spending years going over the vast technologies recovered.  Rioting from food shortages have kept ground troops on Earth busy.  Ground based facility's and defenses have been replaced and improved, but shortages in uridium continue.

Again alien ships are detected in the Justice system, 1-19400T MU [sensor ship], 4-38800T Assassin class[possibly a AMM/beam hybrid?], and 2-38800 Gladiators [AMM or beam?]   .  The Mu was the first to enter Sol, and was heavily damaged by ASM mines, but continued on its was towards Earth.  The remaining ships entered sol, and quickly started to launch missiles.  Their target this time was the colony on Mars, which unfortunately was near the jump point.  The aliens may have changed tactics, as hundreds of size 1 [80000 km/sec] missiles were detected, but no ASMs.  Fighter-bombers were dispatched and soon destroyed the Mu, but they couldn't save the overwhelmed Martian colony.  Destroyer TG 1 was dispatched to intercept the fleet and with fighter-bomber support managed to destroy 2-assassins, and heavily damage the other 4 ships before returning to Earth orbit for resupply.  The alien craft soon made it into earths orbit, (this time in my planetary gun range).  After fierce fighting, all alien craft were destroyed.  1 Assassin class managed to suicide into a destroyer, with both ships destroyed.  Damage on earth was limited to several PDCs, but none were destroyed this time.

250 million killed and 500 mines destroyed on Mars.  Mars was Earths primary Uridium and Gallicite supplier, this is a critical loss.  It may take decades to recover.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #1328 on: February 29, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »
  2160 uridum shortages have limited upgrades and new facilities since the last battle.  A new, much larger Alien fleet appears in the Byrd system.  Invader 3-38750T Eclipse [50-Lasers] and 3-19400T Carillion [ASM Ship] class ships are making their way to Sol. 
Off-Topic: show
Based on other encounters i had a pretty good idea what these were.
  Soon after, massive numbers of missiles were detected inbound towards Earth and the mining colony on Mercury.  Military leadership decided to leave the frigate and destroyer fleets in earth orbit to support Earths defenses, fighter-bombers were dispatched. Ground and Ship based AMMs and point defenses performed well against the higher tech weapons, but were soon overwhelmed by the vast numbers.  I estimate 1600 size 4 ASM/Anti-planet missiles were fired at Earth and surrounding ships, and 4,000 size 1 missiles fired at Mercury.     Both sides took heavy damage, ground based ASMs were useless against the beam ships, but the fighter-bombers were very successful in destroying the 3-carrillion ships and 1-Eclipse.  Long load times eventually grounded the bombers.  The remaining 2 beam ships moved into range, (just outside my gun range of course.  ::) ) and began to fire upon my sensor bases.  At this point ground based ASMs became effective, and slowly were able to destroy the final 2 ships.

Final tally of the 2nd battle, 10 Terra-form platforms destroyed [ouch], 1 large freighter, 1 tanker, 6-fighter bombers, and numerous civilian ships were also destroyed or damaged.  2 ground based sensor PDCs, 1 fighter base pdc were destroyed, 1-ASM PDC heavily damaged.  The mining colony on Mercury was wiped out, radiation and dust levels near 15,000.  On Earth 8 research facilities were destroyed  :-X and several other facilities, 200 million dead, radiation and dust levels near 2,000.  Temperature on Earth has fallen -21.5C.  Recovery is going to be a long time.

Humanity survived another battle, but critical AMMs and ASM need replaced, ships and facilities to repair and replace.

Woosh, what a close call! You might want to do something like fast track a bunch of infrastructure construction on earth, to reduce the population loss incurred.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1329 on: March 01, 2016, 05:46:33 AM »
Planet suitability is still 0.000, so infrastructure wont help.  Only time will help.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1330 on: March 03, 2016, 08:03:44 AM »
One of the first systems to be explored seems to have JGs on all of its points, including the one leading to Sol... Good thing my first military ship is mostly designed, the only thing its waiting on is the beam (main and PD) and missile FCs and missile defense sensor. The bad news, my only S&FC researcher can only use 5 labs and has a 20% bonus... so the sensors research at one per year and the FCs at one every ~6 months. Good thing I have a decent Construction researcher researching research rate to speed him up a bit (done in a few months).
Edit; and the last of Sol's JPs led to a system where almost immediately launched micro increments, got my ship out and they immediately stopped... That is two sides where I may face trouble.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:38:49 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1331 on: March 03, 2016, 12:22:57 PM »
The Terran Kingdom is at war, for the first time ever the Kingdom have been attacked by a dirt ball living species, one exploring cruiser were blown to bits, over 200 enemy fighters attacked the poor cruiser and killed almost all of its crew.

The Kingdom have dispatch a punitive force of 2 BB, 1 CVA, 4CVE, 1 CS, 2 CA, 4 HDD and 5 DD to eradict their fleet. The army has pulled in some 10 Armoured Divisions and 2 Ad Hoc divisions, with what ever was trained, from mechanized infantry, artillery and 4 battalions of combat engineers to form these 2 divisions. The first Mobile Infantry Regiment with 4 battalions of drop troops are also being moved to the scene, this regiment with 16 companies of special space to ground assault troops are the cream of the Terran Kingdoms military units.

Everything is being moved to the New South Africa system and the planet New Pretoria, fuel and missiles are also being transported to the system but its 12 jumps away and will take some time to be delivered.

The old saying that revenge is a dish best served cold will soon be tested, in nuclear fire.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:33:16 PM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1332 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
  Too many battles in the last 10 years to report, the aliens keep coming and humanity keeps fighting.  Only Frigate TG 1 remains intact, Destroyer TG 1 and 20 fighters were recently destroyed.  Dust levels have returned to normal since the last bombardment, and radiation is down 50%.  Still getting -10% production and -2.5% growth.  Gallicite production is dire, the best locations are Eris (1), and Mars (0.1).  The 29B km round trip to Eris is brutally slow.  A massive deposit is in the Byrd system, but technically that system belongs to the Aliens.  New colony established on Star A-I.

Thanks to the excellent work of our salvage crews, we now have access to internal Fusion Engines, Gravity Sensor Strength 28, and EM Sensor Sensitivity 14, all without spending a single RP!  And still have enough left overs to equip a new fleet.  Much of the Gallicite needed for missile production has been recycled from salvage.

Recently encountered a 58200T Galleon beam-ship, 45-400mm x-ray lasers, and heavily armored.  Tough nut to crack for sure!.  Have experimented with some HPMW and spinal fighters, to try and reduce missile usage...they were quickly eliminated.

Medals awarded:

Bronze Stars (5000T killed):  0
Silver Stars:  (15,000T Killed):  10
Gold Star:  (30,000T Killed):  7
Navy Cross:  (50000T killed): 2
Medal of Honor: (100,000T killed): 1

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1333 on: March 03, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
With some luck my 1st Fast Response Group managed to enter New South Africa System at the same time as 3 enemy destroyers were moving around, the heavy Jump cruiser and 5 heavy Destroyers soon killed the 3 enemy ships, they have now taken up station about 205 million kilometers from the enemy wormhole, aiming there missile tubes at a possible emerging enemy.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #1334 on: March 03, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »
[..] Damage on earth was limited to several PDCs, but none were destroyed this time.

250 million killed and 500 mines destroyed on Mars.  Mars was Earths primary Uridium and Gallicite supplier, this is a critical loss.  It may take decades to recover.
You are lucky they didn't target your industrial capacity, namely the shipyards. And the loss of million Mars colony seems like a grave loss, unless you have untapped vast reserves outside of your homesystem, I suspect that you are heading for a last stand, and brave or not, those never end well :(