Author Topic: Admin Types  (Read 2128 times)

Offline davidr (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Admin Types
« on: April 23, 2020, 04:47:55 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a Bug with the naming of Admin Commands - specifically the 3 letter type abbreviation.

I type the command ( say Cargo Command ) and add the 3 letter abbreviation LOG for Logistics so reads LOG Cargo Command.

However when it appears on the Naval Organization screen the description reads GEN LOG Cargo Command.

It seems the 3 letter abbreviation GEN is added at the front of every type of Command.

Is this correct or a bug ?

DavidR

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Admin Types
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 04:51:06 AM »
Those three letters that are added automaticaly tells you what kind of command it is. Are you sure you changed the command to Logistics?

You can select the type of command in lower part of the Naval Organization - Admin Command window. There you select type and click Update Admin button.

The following users thanked this post: davidr

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 04:53:26 AM »
Yeah, not a bug.  You need to choose admin type in lower right area, if none are chosen General is chosen automatically.

The following users thanked this post: davidr, JuergenSchT

Offline davidr (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 05:40:27 AM »
Many thanks,

Got it - I did not highlight the Admin Command Type before Creating the Admin Type.

DavidR

Offline Mr.Nap

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 08:22:43 AM »
But what are the advantages of having administrative subgroups? 
Do these also provide bonuses? With those of the main administrative command?
Or is it just for the RP side?

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 08:28:59 AM »
But what are the advantages of having administrative subgroups? 
Do these also provide bonuses? With those of the main administrative command?
Or is it just for the RP side?

You would probably find this post useful.
And also this one.

The following users thanked this post: Mr.Nap

Offline Mr.Nap

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 08:46:24 AM »
thank you so much :)

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 09:02:22 AM »
Hi guys, I still have issues in organizing my naval forces efficiently.

From the screen, you can see I have a Fuel Harvester Command attached to Sol system Naval Command on Earth.

The Calabria Class from 1 to 24 are currently in another system harvesting fuel, so my problem is that I cannot group them under a Fleet as Uranus and WISE because they are not phisically on the same location.

I think that having them under a unique fleet is more efficient (there's no need to assign an officer to every ship), also the scheme would look more net.

What is the more efficent way to organize this? How do you organize your forces?

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 09:41:15 AM »
You have placed your harvesters under a general administrative command,  you need to change the type to an INDustrial administrative command so that you get the 25% of the commander's mining stat bonus to mining and the 10% of his logistics stat to refueling.  What are the stats of the commander you have assigned to " Fuel Harvester Command"?

Admin commands are at least system wide and with additional naval headquarters the command radius increases to adjacent systems, so having all of the fuel harvesters in the system, even if they are at different locations, is the way things are intended to work.  You should have a fleet for each location, as this makes it easier to send tankers, or tow additional harvesters to a given location. 

The advantage of having individual commanders on each harvester is that the commanders mining bonus increases the mining rate, and the commanders logistics bonus increases the fuel transfer rate,  auto assign will put commanders with the correct stats on the harvesters, but you can manually add junior commanders without the correct stats, as they are more likely to pick up the stats (on-the-job training) if they are in a command position than if they are unassigned.

Also, all of your admin commands are general.  Cargo Fleet should be LOGistics, Exploration should be SURvey, Logistics and Construction should be split with freighters, tankers, and colony ships in one or more LOGistics commands and orbital miners, salvagers, and jump point stabilization in their own INDustrial commands.  I usually put the battle fleet under either a NAVal admin command or PATrol admin command.

Please the links above to read up on the proper use of administrative commands.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »
You have placed your harvesters under a general administrative command,  you need to change the type to an INDustrial administrative command so that you get the 25% of the commander's mining stat bonus to mining and the 10% of his logistics stat to refueling.  What are the stats of the commander you have assigned to " Fuel Harvester Command"?

Admin commands are at least system wide and with additional naval headquarters the command radius increases to adjacent systems, so having all of the fuel harvesters in the system, even if they are at different locations, is the way things are intended to work.  You should have a fleet for each location, as this makes it easier to send tankers, or tow additional harvesters to a given location. 

The advantage of having individual commanders on each harvester is that the commanders mining bonus increases the mining rate, and the commanders logistics bonus increases the fuel transfer rate,  auto assign will put commanders with the correct stats on the harvesters, but you can manually add junior commanders without the correct stats, as they are more likely to pick up the stats (on-the-job training) if they are in a command position than if they are unassigned.

Also, all of your admin commands are general.  Cargo Fleet should be LOGistics, Exploration should be SURvey, Logistics and Construction should be split with freighters, tankers, and colony ships in one or more LOGistics commands and orbital miners, salvagers, and jump point stabilization in their own INDustrial commands.  I usually put the battle fleet under either a NAVal admin command or PATrol admin command.

Please the links above to read up on the proper use of administrative commands.

What admin type would you do for diplomatic fleets. So the "diplomacy", "communication" and also "intelligence". Right now I use SURvey because that feels intuitively correct but I do not know for sure.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »
What admin type would you do for diplomatic fleets. So the "diplomacy", "communication" and also "intelligence". Right now I use SURvey because that feels intuitively correct but I do not know for sure.
Most likely none of those benefit from any of the admin commands, so it doesn't matter. I'd lean to using a Patrol command because Reaction is more likely to help than Survey, or a Naval command to also get Crew Training.

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
I would use patrol, because of the doubled range, and the bump to reaction and engineering which reduces maintenance losses - helpful when you are on station for a long time.  If you do not have the range for your admin commands to reach where the ship is at, then it really doesn't matter.