Author Topic: Game set up conditions.  (Read 1443 times)

Offline nickcnew123 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
Game set up conditions.
« on: May 22, 2020, 06:03:19 AM »
  Hi all,
        I have a question on setting up a new game.   I would like a slow game with no contact with NPR's until I have expanded/explored about 50/100 LY's. 
I know you can set no NPR's within a range in game set up and slow down the research rate which is also ideal for my play style.   Is there a way in settings of slowing down Industry? For example reducing build rate by 50% at game start?

Also, do these the game settings apply to all NPR's as well as the player Empire?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:09:37 AM by nickcnew123 »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Game set up conditions.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:23 AM »
I would like a slow game with no contact with NPR's until I have expanded/explored about 50/100 LY's.

When loading a game set NPR generation chance Player to 0. Put it back to 30 or any other value you feel right when you are ready to face NPR. You can flag or not spoiler races as well either during the game or before. You may want to set also no NPRs at the start.

Is there a way in settings of slowing down Industry? For example reducing build rate by 50% at game start?

No, all you can do is either get yourself less construction factories and mines ecc or lower your population. There is no setting like the research one for production atm

Also, do these the game settings apply to all NPR's as well as the player Empire?

All the change in settings apply to you and the NPR unless specified (you will find either NPR or Player between brackets). So if you change the research rate for instance it will apply both to you and NPR.

Thanks

You are welcome
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:55:13 AM by froggiest1982 »

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »

Is there a way in settings of slowing down Industry? For example reducing build rate by 50% at game start?

No, all you can do is either get yourself less construction factories and mines ecc or lower your population. There is no setting like the research one for production atm

What you can do is setting the "Faction Production Modifier" less than 1. It only applies to the player species however.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 09:23:40 AM »

What you can do is setting the "Faction Production Modifier" less than 1. It only applies to the player species however.

Although if you also tick 'allow Human NPR' then there is a chance that any NPR you encounter is a "lost colony" of the main player race. . . and since FacProdMod is species-specific, these NPRs would also have slow production.