Author Topic: Admin Command doesn't affect crew grade.  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Oloof22 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
Admin Command doesn't affect crew grade.
« on: June 01, 2020, 03:22:38 PM »
In General and Naval admin commands there is a 0. 1 and 0. 25 Crew Training modifier.  But how does it work actually?

I tried putting an admiral with 200 Crew Training in Naval Command and captain with 0 Crew Training in a ship, but over time I didn't see any improvements in ship's crew grade. 

My other idea was that Naval Command officer gives some kind of bonus to Crew training skill of ship captain so I made 2 identical ships and gave them 2 officers with the same crew training.  I've put one ship into Survey Admin Command and the second ship into Naval Admin Command.  These commands got officers with the same crew training as well.  Crew grade improved at the same rate in both cases.

Does it work any other way or it is not implemented yet?

Offline CowboyRonin

• Petty Officer
  • C
Re: Admin Command doesn't affect crew grade.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »
Try the Training Command - maybe one Training Command with a high Naval Training leader and another without.   Otherwise, the grade increase from the individual commander becomes much more relevant. 

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
its more for fleet training than crew grade really
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure the ship captain needs to have some Crew Training for the ship to get any crew grade points at all.

I'm not even sure that crew grade is affected by anyone outside whomever is on the ship... so the Captain and your Executive Officer.

The other bonuses is for fleet training which is different than the ships crew grade.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »
In General and Naval admin commands there is a 0. 1 and 0. 25 Crew Training modifier.  But how does it work actually?

C# Aurora forum -->  C# Mechanics subforum -->  C# Aurora Table of Contents thread -->  Admin Commands

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 04:06:28 PM »

I tried putting an admiral with 200 Crew Training in Naval Command and captain with 0 Crew Training in a ship, but over time I didn't see any improvements in ship's crew grade. 

My other idea was that Naval Command officer gives some kind of bonus to Crew training skill of ship captain so I made 2 identical ships and gave them 2 officers with the same crew training.  I've put one ship into Survey Admin Command and the second ship into Naval Admin Command.  These commands got officers with the same crew training as well.  Crew grade improved at the same rate in both cases.

Does it work any other way or it is not implemented yet?

It sounds like a bug to me, like the problems people have been reporting with military command structures not transferring bonuses.
You should post it in the bugs forum and maybe Steve will fix it.