Author Topic: Second Outbound Flight - Background and Setup  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Rye123 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Hi.
Second Outbound Flight - Background and Setup
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:53:33 AM »
So this is based on the Star Wars universe, where now a second Outbound Flight has been sent under the orders of the Emperor to push the boundaries of the galaxy.
Using a prototype drive imbued with Sith energies the Second Outbound Flight has successfully exited the galaxy and entered a new one. Unfortunately, the drive, due to its instability, died.

Stuck in a system they now name Holson, the new colony lands on the closest habitable planet.

---

SHIPBOARD AI:
Successful jump using Imperial Hyperspace Project I92, also designated "Second Outbound Flight".
System reached is extragalactic uncharted territory, now designated Holson system.
Communications with Coruscant have been lost due to being out of range from the nearest Imperial Holonet beacon.
4 habitable planets discovered for Human life.

Significant damage to systems, unable to pathfind nearest journey back to Imperial space. Engine with Project I92 is significantly damaged, unable to recover.
Will perform emergency planetfall, releasing all colonists and military personnel from carbonite stasis.

No signs of sentient life discovered on habitable moon designated Holson Prime.

Current directive: Secure Imperial foothold on new galaxy and await further Imperial assets.

Military situation:
- 10 Imperial Army Battalions. Purpose: Garrison duty (Garrison Battalion).
- 10 Imperial Navy Battalions. Purpose: Standard infantry (Mobile Infantry Battalion).
- 5 Stormtrooper Battalions. Purpose: Shock, and marine infantry (Commando Battalion).
- 5 Imperial Medical Corps battalions. Purpose: Logistics and support (Reinforcement Battalion).
- 1 AT-AT Assault Battalion. Purpose: Heavy walker assault (Combat Engineer Battalion).
- Blasters appear to short-out in space due to unknown reasons in this galaxy. Further study is necessary. For now, advise usage of long-range missiles for long-range combat.

Civilian situation:
- 100 million colonists survived release from stasis.
- 2 modular shipyards with 2 slipways were successfully recovered.
- Modular installations recovered:
   - 45 Maintenance Facilities
   - 84 Construction Factories
   - 24 Ordnance Factories
   - 12 Fighter Factories
   - 40 Fuel Refineries
   - 80 Mines
   - 16 Automated Mines
   - 10 Research Labs
   - 2 Ground Force Training Facilities
- Successful recovery of 2,400,000 units of fuel from wreckage of Second Outbound Flight vessel.
- Initial scans indicate a substantial amount of Sorium on Holson-A I, and a significant amount of resources on Holson-A I Moon 5.

Military Roles:
   1. Ensign: Handling of fighters or fast attack craft (FAC)
   2. Lieutenant: Fighter squadron leaders
   3. Captain: Command of light naval assets such as corvettes
   4. Commander: Command of medium naval assets such as destroyers.
   5. Commodore: Command of heavy naval assets such as battleships and star destroyers.
   6. Rear Admiral: Command of flagship of rear squadron.
   7. Vice-Admiral: Command of flagship of lead squadron.
   8. Admiral: Command of flagship of central squadron, coordinates the Fleet (Task Force).
   9. Fleet Admiral: Command of the entire starfleet. Commands the flagship of the Home Task Group, for lack of a Grand Admiral.
   10. Grand Admiral: Command of entire starfleet and all naval assets. Commands flagship of Home Task Group.

Task Forces:
   Imperial Headquarters: Core of the Imperial Holson Starfleet.
   Imperial Survey Corps: Handles all naval assets associated with surveying.
   Imperial Academy: For training naval assets.

Civilian Roles:
   1. Governor: Governs a planet.
   2. Moff: Command of an entire sector, including the naval assets there.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:56:17 AM by Rye123 »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Second Outbound Flight - Background and Setup
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »
Cool!

;D

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
I've always found Imperial Doctrine is a terrible fit for Aurora game mechanics, but that might just be me doing it wrong. I hope this continues so I can see if there are any good ideas I can 'borrow'.  ;)

I forgot to say, I completely agree with the above. This does look a cool premise.

Offline Rye123 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Hi.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:33:59 AM »
I've always found Imperial Doctrine is a terrible fit for Aurora game mechanics, but that might just be me doing it wrong. I hope this continues so I can see if there are any good ideas I can 'borrow'.  ;)

I forgot to say, I completely agree with the above. This does look a cool premise.

yep, that's why I said how blasters appear to short circuit in this universe.

also the fact that this is an offshoot of the Empire could allow me to work more freedom without being overly constrained by the Emperor's doctrine

still trying to find time to play though :/