Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20273 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« on: April 20, 2020, 07:34:22 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.7.3

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.7.3

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
  • The function number
  • The complete error text
  • The window affected
  • What you were doing at the time
  • Conventional or TN start
  • Random or Real Stars
  • Is your decimal separator a comma?
  • Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
  • If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:58:06 PM by Erik L »

The following users thanked this post: Ceebees, Ancalagon

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 07:38:44 PM »
Hello Steve. 

This was tested on 1.  7.  2, but I still can't get the civies to trade LG infrastructure.   
I used Earth and Luna to get the shipping lines nice and fat then introduced the dreaded test plague which wiped out Earth and Luna and restricted travel to them.    Ceres was fully populated and set as both Stable and Source for different time periods, yet the small initially seeded LG colonies never got any of the sweet LG infrastructure Ceres produced.    DB included to show test setup. 

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 07:41:58 PM »
v1.7.3 (database is continuance from 1.7.0) -- originally posted in 1.7.2 but still present in 1.7.3

Function #2803: Attempted to divide by zero.

Occurred when I selected a stabilization ship in a specific fleet. It seemed to happen when switching from the selection of the fleet to the ship. It does NOT happen when I select a lot of my other ships, but does happen for several of my original ships.

1) Go to Naval Organization
2) Open the fleet STB Niagara (under Stabilization Command)
3) Select that fleet
4) Select the ship (UNS Niagara) in that fleet

Theories:
This is my original stabilization ship. Something went slightly awry with my ship designs in the upgrade to 1.7.1. They didn't have all their component parts despite having them in 1.7.0. I had to SM/unlock the design and put the parts back into this ship design, while this ship existed. It may be related to that. It doesn't seem to cause any real problems.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 09:09:37 PM »
Regarding the NPR reaching the limit of tech bug/issue, wouldnt be good to have a sort of final research or such to avoid this to happen? I mean sooner or later no matter how big the tech tree is it's still going to end....

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 09:18:21 PM »
Tactical Map:
Centre on Selected Objects can't actually be turned off.

Hidden objects still react to clicks and right-clicks.  This makes the interface unpredictable.

If you click on any object (including hidden ones) to start dragging the map, the map will centre on that object after the drag.

Combined this makes dragging the map with a dense asteroid field challenging.

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 09:30:54 PM »
Was designing a passive EM sensor, the design window did not list any properties of the sensor related to detection range vs some target signature. I had to look up these sensor properties in the changes list to know what I was actually getting out of my sensor.

EDIT: Same goes for the Thermal sensors, the active sensors do provide sensor properties.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:35:47 PM by CatchItGamer »

The following users thanked this post: UberWaffe

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 09:35:33 PM »
Here's a weird one: standard conventional start, when I begin exploring, my jump ship discovers the system of Sol. Database attached.

Offline TacticalStats

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 09:40:55 PM »
Updated a saved game.   1.  7.  1 to 1.  7.  3.   It wiped all my ships from my fleets and now I'm getting a function 28 error.   Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   I wish I had more to give. 

Edited: added database hope it works and helps.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:31:04 AM by TacticalStats »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 09:43:18 PM »
Updated a saved game.  1. 7. 1 to 1. 7. 3.  It wiped all my ships from my fleets and now I'm getting a function 28 error.  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  I wish I had more to give.
Steve may want to see the database if you still have it.

Offline TacticalStats

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 09:44:37 PM »
I haven't deleted anything but ship fleets to see that.  How would I send that?

Offline Tarran

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 09:46:10 PM »
Here's a weird one: standard conventional start, when I begin exploring, my jump ship discovers the system of Sol. Database attached.
I have also experienced such a bug, both in 1.7.1 and 1.7.3: I discovered this false Sol in the previous version, quit without saving, downloaded the patch, and encountered it again.

In case it helps, the star in question generated is both the same mass and diameter of real-Sol, but it has a luminosity which seems to vary (first generation was 1.1 times that of real-Sol, second was 1.2). Also, the system is randomly generated, so it clearly isn't just copying Sol in its entirety.

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 09:47:52 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended, but my survey ship left Sol and discovered the system of Proxima Centauri. After conducting a grav survey and finding new unexplored jump points, it went through one and found itself back in Sol. Not a new Sol like the other posters, but the original Sol with my homeworld in it, meaning both Sol and Proxima Centauri now each have two jump points linking to the same system.

Not like several systems making a triangle or anything, but two direct connections between one pair of systems.

Game created in 1.7.1, patched to 1.7.3.

Offline baller deluxe

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 09:52:10 PM »
I don't know if it's intended or not, but you can put two different jump engines on a class but the class design display will only show one jump drive, usually the one added last. 

They function perfectly fine though, and you can slap both a military and a commercial drive on them and have a station that can handle all traffic.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 09:59:07 PM »
I'm stuck in 5-second increments and getting an object reference not set exception in function 311 every turn. I understand this is NPR missile related. Database attached.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 10:01:46 PM »
The "Ukrainian Birds" name list has all the entries duplicated. 

Literally unplayable :)