Author Topic: Deleting NPRs  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Bandus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
Deleting NPRs
« on: December 16, 2012, 01:34:55 AM »
Simple question, I hope. Is it possible to delete NPRs via SM mode or Designer mode after a game has been played for awhile? There is a NPR in my game that I believe is causing some buggy activity and I just want to be rid of them as quickly as possible.
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
Re: Deleting NPRs
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 02:38:43 AM »
I think there is no other way than deleting them with nukes and other weapons. :)
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Deleting NPRs
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
If it's computer controlled, you'll need to get the designer mode password from Steve, then use (IIRC) the Race screen (ctrl-F2) in SM mode to delete them.  That or send your DB to a volunteer with the designer mode pw to repair it for you.  Note that all designer mode lets you do is "see" computer-controlled races.

If it's human controlled (i.e. shows up as a choice in the race pulldown), then all you need to do is go to SM mode then open the ctrl-F2 screen.  There should be an option to delete the race.

Note that deleting a race is complex and not done very often, so there's a good chance it's buggy, e.g. leaving "ghost" sensor contacts lying around that you can't get rid of.

John