Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359048 times)

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »
I'm going blind! Where do you select the spinal mount option when designing beam weapons (and yes i have researched spinal mount).

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »
I'm going blind! Where do you select the spinal mount option when designing beam weapons (and yes i have researched spinal mount).

In the design screen when designing lasers in the drop down list at the bottom it say "Standard Mount". Select that and change it to "Spinal Mount".

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »

In the design screen when designing lasers in the drop down list at the bottom it say "Standard Mount". Select that and change it to "Spinal Mount".
And note that, as this implies, it's an option specifically for lasers. Not beam weapons in general.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
Will civilian ships use my commercial jump tenders?  Or will I have to wait for the return gate to finish building? 

I'm on 1.10 and my jump point stabilization ships include a 45Kt rated commercial jump drive to allow my survey ships (who have commercial engines) access to/from the system while the gates are being built.  I placed a civilian economy order for infrastructure to a colony in my most recently surveyed system which had a jump gate built to it but I'm still constructing the return gate.  The infrastructure was delivered but now I see 9 civilian vessels which appear to be parked on the new colony. 

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2020, 01:10:10 PM »
Will civilian ships use my commercial jump tenders?  Or will I have to wait for the return gate to finish building? 

I'm on 1.10 and my jump point stabilization ships include a 45Kt rated commercial jump drive to allow my survey ships (who have commercial engines) access to/from the system while the gates are being built.  I placed a civilian economy order for infrastructure to a colony in my most recently surveyed system which had a jump gate built to it but I'm still constructing the return gate.  The infrastructure was delivered but now I see 9 civilian vessels which appear to be parked on the new colony.
Civilians won't use your jumpships, only your stabilized points. (I'd forgotten that, so I had t ask about it not long ago.)

The following users thanked this post: bankshot

Online xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2020, 05:59:33 AM »
If I have a Railgun or Gauss Cannon, is the accuracy calculated per shot? Let's say I have 25% to hit, is that applied for each one of the Railguns four shots independently or are all four of those treated as one cluster with all of them either hitting or all of them missing?

If the former were true it would make Railguns much more accurate than advertised and make Gauss much less inaccurate than advertised. Especially since Aurora doesn't use true random numbers... so an accuracy of 25% means you will shoot down 25 missiles for every 100 thrown at you and not a red cent more. That would make Gauss of 8% an effective 16%, while a Railgun at 25% would shoot down at least one missile per one hundred every time, but at 100% would shoot down 4 out of 100.

Come to think of it, does that scale with salvo size? If so, than salvo of 1 torpedo would be way more effective than a salvo of 100 sandblasty little buggers.

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2020, 06:48:46 AM »
Given that we get hit quantities that do not equal shot quantities, I suspect it is per shot.

Online xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2020, 07:21:42 AM »
~Sweet!

Offline hostergaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • h
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2020, 07:46:05 AM »
How do I move maintenance supply between colonies?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »

You need ship with Maintenance Storage and that is set as Supply Ship (upper right corner of Class Design window).

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2020, 11:38:57 AM »

You need ship with Maintenance Storage and that is set as Supply Ship (upper right corner of Class Design window).
Also it needs cargo shuttles, unless everything it wants to pick up or drop off MSP has a spaceport or shuttle installation.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2020, 09:37:18 AM »
Hi noob here.   o/

With time increment, it does not matter what I set the sub pulse to, my explorer ships with standard orders to explore nearest body never do more than one order per time increment.   

e.  g.   when I use 8 hours they can often survey an asteroid within 8 hours (2 improved geological sensors per ship), certainly within one day, so if I do a 5 day increment with 1 day pulses I would expect them to survey 5 asteroids, or 30 days 30 asteroids but they dont they only ever do one.   

Am I doing something wrong? I thought the pulse length was supposed to enable the AI to proceed with multiple tasks.   (And if they are not then what is happening to NPRs when I am doing research instead of survey and using 30 day increments?)

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2020, 10:22:43 AM »
Hi noob here.   o/

With time increment, it does not matter what I set the sub pulse to, my explorer ships with standard orders to explore nearest body never do more than one order per time increment.   

e.  g.   when I use 8 hours they can often survey an asteroid within 8 hours (2 improved geological sensors per ship), certainly within one day, so if I do a 5 day increment with 1 day pulses I would expect them to survey 5 asteroids, or 30 days 30 asteroids but they dont they only ever do one.   

Am I doing something wrong? I thought the pulse length was supposed to enable the AI to proceed with multiple tasks.   (And if they are not then what is happening to NPRs when I am doing research instead of survey and using 30 day increments?)

The AI will proceed through multiple orders, if said orders are queued. However, it'll only trigger the Standing Orders at the end of the 5 day tick. So the usual way to solve this is to use the "Survey next 5 bodies/next 3 survey points" orders.

The sub-pulse length in general doesn't need to be touched by us directly, and it can lead to odd thing happening (especially around combat) if set manually. I personally always leave it to auto.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2020, 10:31:59 AM »
Shields.. how do they work? Does any size shield work with any size ship regardless of tonnage? Or does shield size only fit a certain size ship?
Just asking. I am gonna try a having ago

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2020, 10:35:43 AM »
Shields.. how do they work? Does any size shield work with any size ship regardless of tonnage? Or does shield size only fit a certain size ship?
Just asking. I am gonna try a having ago

Any size of shield will work on any ship. Provided the ship can actually carry it, of course XD
Shields start out quite weak compared to armor, but become stronger and stronger as your technology improves. So keep that in mind.
They are very useful once your technology is decent.