Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358826 times)

Offline jscott991

• Petty Officer
  • j
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #540 on: October 20, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »
I read somewhere that control and shift click should work on the Naval Organization screen.   Control should make it so I can select multiple ships at once and shift so I can select all ships between two points.

This does not work for me.   Neither control click nor shift click do anything.

Any ideas on what the problem is?  It would make the game a lot better if I could drag and drop multiple ships at once.

Offline Witty

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #541 on: October 20, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
Same experience as you jscott. Guess it was a feature that was planned, but didn't make the 1.0 cut. Or it's bugged. I know it also doesn't work for ground formations, which makes organizing that a lot longer too.

Is the civilian wealth economy currently functional? I have 1600 infrastructure sitting on Earth in the civ economy ready for export, but none of my civilian freights are moving them to my single colony, Mars. Mars has a demand for infrastructure in their market table, but the civilian freighters have remained immobile over Earth for well over six months.

I also might just be misremembering how the civ contract/market system worked, and it's more random than this interaction.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #542 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:43 PM »

Is the civilian wealth economy currently functional? I have 1600 infrastructure sitting on Earth in the civ economy ready for export, but none of my civilian freights are moving them to my single colony, Mars. Mars has a demand for infrastructure in their market table, but the civilian freighters have remained immobile over Earth for well over six months.

This should definitely work, if you established colony that needs infrastructure, civilians will pick what is available in civilian economy pool and transport it. This will most likely be overruled by any direct civilian contracts you set up. However, you need to deliver first shipment of infrastructure by your own freighters.

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #543 on: October 21, 2020, 03:00:50 AM »
Quote from: Witty link=topic=11545. msg142056#msg142056 date=1603249037

Is the civilian wealth economy currently functional? I have 1600 infrastructure sitting on Earth in the civ economy ready for export, but none of my civilian freights are moving them to my single colony, Mars.  Mars has a demand for infrastructure in their market table, but the civilian freighters have remained immobile over Earth for well over six months. 

I also might just be misremembering how the civ contract/market system worked, and it's more random than this interaction.

Working for me, primed Mars and Luna with 500ish infrastructure, now about 10 years later they have a combined 22k infrastructure. 

As Black said, civilian freighters prioritize work order that you set, so if you have a lot going they will not move around infrastructure on their own (in a timely manner at least).

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #544 on: October 21, 2020, 04:15:58 AM »
I read somewhere that control and shift click should work on the Naval Organization screen.   Control should make it so I can select multiple ships at once and shift so I can select all ships between two points.

This does not work for me.   Neither control click nor shift click do anything.

Any ideas on what the problem is?  It would make the game a lot better if I could drag and drop multiple ships at once.

You can multi-select, but only inside of a single fleet. Select a fleet, and then in the right hand pane you can shift/ctrl-click. You can then drag those ships back into the left pane to move them to different fleets.

The following users thanked this post: Witty

Offline Witty

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #545 on: October 21, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »

Working for me, primed Mars and Luna with 500ish infrastructure, now about 10 years later they have a combined 22k infrastructure. 

As Black said, civilian freighters prioritize work order that you set, so if you have a lot going they will not move around infrastructure on their own (in a timely manner at least).

Yep, they started going at it once I opened the game again. Not sure why they were hesitant before, but I'm glad the infrastructures flowing.

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #546 on: October 21, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »
Is there a way to end a war with an NPR? If yes, how can I do it?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #547 on: October 21, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »
Is there a way to end a war with an NPR? If yes, how can I do it?

I would say SM mode otherwise, you have to rely on DB edit.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #548 on: October 21, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »
If no combat occurs for a while (and especially if you manage to get a diplomatic ship working on them), rating will improve over time and eventually they may set you back to neutral.

Steve mentioned in the original diplomacy posts that he wanted to make peace treaties a thing (much like the trade access and survey treaties, I guess), but then it was never mentioned again.

Offline jscott991

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #549 on: October 22, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
Quote from: Elvin link=topic=11545.  msg142067#msg142067 date=1603271758
Quote from: jscott991 link=topic=11545.  msg142051#msg142051 date=1603239744
I read somewhere that control and shift click should work on the Naval Organization screen.     Control should make it so I can select multiple ships at once and shift so I can select all ships between two points.   

This does not work for me.     Neither control click nor shift click do anything.   

You can multi-select, but only inside of a single fleet.   Select a fleet, and then in the right hand pane you can shift/ctrl-click.   You can then drag those ships back into the left pane to move them to different fleets. 

I'm having trouble getting them to drag back to the left pane.    I can highlight the ships in the fleet pane, but they don't really move back to the left pane where all the other fleets are. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:44:32 AM by jscott991 »

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #550 on: October 22, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »
You can't drag from there. Once you have multiselected ships in the fleet pane, click Detach on the bottom of the window. That will make a new fleet containing just your selected ships.

Offline Norm49

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #551 on: October 22, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »
I have problem supplying my ground unit. When they were fighting the was no problem but after the battle they are not resupplying. I have logistic vehicle at the HQ some in the formation at i just add infantry logistic module to the unit but they are still not resupplying. Any idea of what the problem is?

Thanks

The following users thanked this post: jscott991

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
There was an issue in 1.11 that ground units did not resupply outside of combat so they would forever stay at 0 supply and just consume supply units if combat started again. Seems it is still happening in 1.12

The following users thanked this post: Norm49

Offline jscott991

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #553 on: October 24, 2020, 11:50:52 AM »
Is there an easy way to see the commandants of my academies?

I've lost track of who I put where (I have about 10 different academies on 10 different planets) and since it influences the type of leaders produced, I don't want to overdo one category.

Figuring out what leaders are doing what is actually kind of hard in this game (unless I'm missing some easy display somewhere).

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #554 on: October 24, 2020, 11:59:42 AM »
Is there an easy way to see the commandants of my academies?

I've lost track of who I put where (I have about 10 different academies on 10 different planets) and since it influences the type of leaders produced, I don't want to overdo one category.

Figuring out what leaders are doing what is actually kind of hard in this game (unless I'm missing some easy display somewhere).

Sadly there's no easy way to do this. You'll have to click on every leader and count how many are assigned to academies. It's a little easier if you just want to know if any academies don't have a leader, because you can click the "Available only" checkbox.

The other alternative is to write an SQL query…