Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358825 times)

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1560 on: March 23, 2021, 04:59:42 AM »
Hey there.

I have developed a small buoy as early detection array to place in a Jump Point (just for fun). The problem is that I placed the first one very far from the JP so I want to recover.. or destroy it.

I can't see how to assign a Fire Control to it in order to destroy or to recover.. how can I do it?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #1561 on: March 23, 2021, 09:07:44 AM »
You cannot recover or destroy missiles once deployed. The buoy is a missile, so it's there forever.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #1562 on: March 23, 2021, 11:00:39 AM »
Hey there.

I have developed a small buoy as early detection array to place in a Jump Point (just for fun). The problem is that I placed the first one very far from the JP so I want to recover.. or destroy it.

I can't see how to assign a Fire Control to it in order to destroy or to recover.. how can I do it?
Sensor bouys at the JP are a good idea, unfortunately there isn't an easy way to remove it at the moment.

1) You could edit the DB to remove it, this is difficult if you don't know what you are doing and potentially could break the game. Also you'd give up the ability to report bugs from that game.

2) You can use SM mode to create a new player race, spawn a ship in the right place, make it hostile, shoot the missile and then delete the ship. This takes quite a bit of work but isn't risky like DB editing.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #1563 on: March 24, 2021, 11:15:47 PM »
What does the "VC" after ship commander name mean? I just noticed it. There are either none, or one two or three VC's.
https://imgur.com/a/7fCN6sK

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1564 on: March 24, 2021, 11:28:24 PM »
What does the "VC" after ship commander name mean? I just noticed it. There are either none, or one two or three VC's.
https://imgur.com/a/7fCN6sK

It corresponds to a medal they've been awarded, where the letter code/abbreviation can be set as shown in the attached screenshot.

"VC" for Victoria Cross is the default if you've not yet made a medal (or selected one upon loading the save). Probably what has happened is you've had a few medals awarded but not changed the abbreviation when you made the medals.

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #1565 on: March 24, 2021, 11:47:43 PM »
oh, indeed! thanks!
i don't like the ui. so hard to spot things that can/should be changed. :(

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #1566 on: March 25, 2021, 04:18:10 AM »
oh, indeed! thanks!
i don't like the ui. so hard to spot things that can/should be changed. :(

It's not an uncommon complaint, but in general if it’s green then you should try changing it.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1567 on: March 25, 2021, 01:44:21 PM »
Are different AI predisposed to one type of doctrine or the other?

For instance, do their racial attributes or government type influence them to use carriers ahead of beams? Or mesons instead of missiles?

Or do they just learn from the player and try to counter as best they can?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1568 on: March 25, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »
Are different AI predisposed to one type of doctrine or the other?

For instance, do their racial attributes or government type influence them to use carriers ahead of beams? Or mesons instead of missiles?

Or do they just learn from the player and try to counter as best they can?

The AIs are randomly assigned a particular approach to building ships, from which they generally will not deviate as the game goes along. They will adjust their tactics based on intel about your capabilities but their general weapon loadouts, use of shields, engine fraction, etc. will not change.

NPRs will also never use carriers, although certain races might use FACs.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1569 on: March 25, 2021, 04:53:41 PM »
Is it possible to rename the TN-Minerals in the DB or are those names hard coded?

- It is very possible, AuroraMod even has an interface for it! However, AuroraMod isn't going to be supported past 1.12, sadly enough. But! If you're willing to edit the DB, they are not hardcoded, and so you can do so. :) I'd check with Steve on it though, just to be sure, as breaking things isn't very good. Also, know that by doing so I'm like 99.9% sure that you'll lose the option of submitting bug reports. :(
In which DB are the names of the minerals saved? I can't find them... any help appreciated. Thanks.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1570 on: March 25, 2021, 05:37:08 PM »
Is it possible to rename the TN-Minerals in the DB or are those names hard coded?

- It is very possible, AuroraMod even has an interface for it! However, AuroraMod isn't going to be supported past 1.12, sadly enough. But! If you're willing to edit the DB, they are not hardcoded, and so you can do so. :) I'd check with Steve on it though, just to be sure, as breaking things isn't very good. Also, know that by doing so I'm like 99.9% sure that you'll lose the option of submitting bug reports. :(
In which DB are the names of the minerals saved? I can't find them... any help appreciated. Thanks.

I don't believe it is in the DB.

Just because AuroraMod changed it doesn't mean it is in the DB, as AuroraMod I'm fairly sure also involved some hacking of the EXE which is why the dev decided to stop supporting it as Steve's code changes were too much work to keep up with.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1571 on: March 25, 2021, 07:25:51 PM »
Just because AuroraMod changed it doesn't mean it is in the DB, as AuroraMod I'm fairly sure also involved some hacking of the EXE which is why the dev decided to stop supporting it as Steve's code changes were too much work to keep up with.

Auroramod is exclusively an exe mod. It does not tamper with the DB in any way whatsoever.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1572 on: March 26, 2021, 03:37:21 AM »
 - So how do we set formations to direct support? The drag and drop method just assigns them as subordinates if their size is smaller than the biggest HQ of the formation I want them to support, which makes dividing up my Medium AA and Bombardment a real pain. On the other hand, f I combine them, and they are bigger than the biggest HQ of the formation I want them to support, the game yells at me and says I can't do that.

- What do? ???

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1573 on: March 26, 2021, 06:43:38 AM »
I'm trying to make a design capable to be built in a shipyard that has retooled to a previous design. What is the formule to achieve it?

I have tried many things, but none of them seems to work. To be more clear, I want to build a colony ship using the same shipyard I used to build a light freighter.

Thanks!

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1574 on: March 26, 2021, 06:48:00 AM »
I'm trying to make a design capable to be built in a shipyard that has retooled to a previous design. What is the formule to achieve it?

I have tried many things, but none of them seems to work. To be more clear, I want to build a colony ship using the same shipyard I used to build a light freighter.

Thanks!
Don't know the exact numbers. But you can create a "Master Class" with the tool in that forum topic. If it is possible it spits you out a "to tool for class" that is then able to construct all ships you want to build in that shipyard.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10999.0