Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358889 times)

AlStar (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1635 on: April 10, 2021, 04:14:21 AM »
I'm getting a little frustrated as I can't seem to find a way to build surface to orbit weapons.   I go to the build ground unit section, select static, and it just isn't there.   
I thought I had the prerequisites, but I must be missing something.   
What is it?

I seem to remember that until you have a suitable weapon (not the tech) researched (such as a laser) you cannot build any STO.

The following users thanked this post: Jethro_E7

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1636 on: April 10, 2021, 04:25:58 AM »
Is it possible to "sell" components to another player race in exchange of TN minerals?

For example, the race A has developed a new engine and race B wants a few of them. Is it possible to make (via SM or diplomacy) somekind of transaction like 5 M-ID150-100 in exchange of 1300 duranium tons.

(I guess I would make some exchange rate depending the availability of minerals)
You cannot trade components between factions. Ships and technology yes, components nope. You can use SM mode to adjust wealth and facilities to simulate "trade" in those but even SM doesn't let you make components.

Is it actually possible to transfer ships and technology in C#... I have waited for this before starting any true multi-faction campaigns as I see this as a necessary thing to have. I know I can do it in the DB but that is not optimal solution?

I also have yet to find a way to edit wealth either which is a but odd... useful for use as money between factions.

The following users thanked this post: Jethro_E7

Offline Jethro_E7

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #1637 on: April 10, 2021, 05:06:02 AM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=11545. msg150308#msg150308 date=1618046061
Quote from: Jethro_E7 link=topic=11545. msg150307#msg150307 date=1618043353
I'm getting a little frustrated as I can't seem to find a way to build surface to orbit weapons.    I go to the build ground unit section, select static, and it just isn't there.   
What is it?

I seem to remember that until you have a suitable weapon (not the tech) researched (such as a laser) you cannot build any STO.

Thanks for trying to help, I seem to have developed that - I tried both gauss and lasers, but no luck. .   
What else could it be?

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1638 on: April 10, 2021, 05:13:40 AM »
The only way to "trade" ships is by boarding them. SM in a boarding ship, SM in a boarding party, load it, move the ship to wherever it needs to be, set the target ships speed to 1 so your boarders don't all die, board the ship, click until the crew is dead, and voila! You now have a ship that traded hands from one empire to another. It still has a hole in it's armor and a 1-month abandon-overhaul modifier tho.

Trading components via drops and invasions of uninhabited rocks is also something that works.

I'm getting a little frustrated as I can't seem to find a way to build surface to orbit weapons.    I go to the build ground unit section, select static, and it just isn't there.   
What is it?

Thanks for trying to help, I seem to have developed that - I tried both gauss and lasers, but no luck. .   
What else could it be?

Do you have the other techs that go into a functional weapons, beam fire controls, active sensors and reactors?

Otherwise, just to be sure, you go to the unit class design tab, hit static (only static), hit STO-Weapon, and then select something from the list that should populate.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1639 on: April 10, 2021, 05:23:32 AM »
I also have yet to find a way to edit wealth either which is a but odd... useful for use as money between factions.

Oho - turns out the green numbers in Wealth / Trade are NOT modifiable in SM mode, which I thought they were. Well, that leaves us technology and facilities (including shipyards) unless you want to do component/ship trades via combat. I assume this has been brought up in Suggestions multiple times now - being able to trade wealth would be very useful for multi-faction games.

Offline Jethro_E7

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #1640 on: April 10, 2021, 05:37:51 AM »
Right - Needed to develop the active search sensor. . .    ::)
Thanks so much, the feedback helped me methodically track it back. .

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1641 on: April 10, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »
You can "trade" minerals via SM mode. You can edit the size of mineral stockpile for each player faction. So just deduct X amount from A and add X amount to B.

Where? I don't see it.

Thanks!

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1642 on: April 10, 2021, 12:02:37 PM »
You can "trade" minerals via SM mode. You can edit the size of mineral stockpile for each player faction. So just deduct X amount from A and add X amount to B.

Where? I don't see it.

Thanks!

Not literal trading, but you can in SM mode change mineral stocks for any (player race) colony. Economics screen --> Mining tab --> uncheck "Double-click Sets Reserve Amount" at lower-left --> double click any resource to set the stockpile.

Just add +X to one race and take away -X from another race to "trade" minerals.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1643 on: April 10, 2021, 04:35:02 PM »
The only way to "trade" ships is by boarding them. SM in a boarding ship, SM in a boarding party, load it, move the ship to wherever it needs to be, set the target ships speed to 1 so your boarders don't all die, board the ship, click until the crew is dead, and voila! You now have a ship that traded hands from one empire to another. It still has a hole in it's armor and a 1-month abandon-overhaul modifier tho.

Trading components via drops and invasions of uninhabited rocks is also something that works.

What is it?

What else could it be?

Do you have the other techs that go into a functional weapons, beam fire controls, active sensors and reactors?

Otherwise, just to be sure, you go to the unit class design tab, hit static (only static), hit STO-Weapon, and then select something from the list that should populate.

To be honest I think it is probably much easier to trade race technology and ships by modifying the database directly... I have done that a few times on the games that I have played. For ships you just change the race they belong to and make sure they are under the main admin when transferred. Strip of any officers also before you do that as well to be sure you don't end up with some errors or corruptions.

For technology you just duplicate a technology and then transfer it to the race you wan to have it... I do this with licensed production of components for example.

I really do hope that Steve will add in the possibility to transfer race technology, ships and modify Wealth so you don't have to mess with the database to so anymore.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1644 on: April 10, 2021, 04:39:35 PM »

Where? I don't see it.

Thanks!

Not literal trading, but you can in SM mode change mineral stocks for any (player race) colony. Economics screen --> Mining tab --> uncheck "Double-click Sets Reserve Amount" at lower-left --> double click any resource to set the stockpile.

Just add +X to one race and take away -X from another race to "trade" minerals.

In my opinion there should be an optional screen in the diplomacy area to trade things between player controlled empires... you should be able trade race technology, ships and Wealth at a minimum there... minerals might be a bit tricky as they are planet based. But allow us to at least unload minerals and facilities with any player race with have a trade pact with, that way we can do this in game properly.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1645 on: April 11, 2021, 12:13:10 AM »
I'm testing in my 2 races playthrought (15% research rate).

Race A have developed Grav Sensors and Race B wants 4 of them.

I will create a "container" ship that includes 2 x Grav Sensors each. The cost for it is (because of the duranium armour and the crew quarters, I consider that the "manipulation cost"):

Duranium 7.9
Mercassium 4.5
Uridium 200
Total: 212.40

Wealth: 212.40

My question is.. are those 212.40 wealth removed from the race A plus the minerals? Or does it take just the minerals and the wealth value is informative?

(for those of you who are asking what will be the payment, it will be 2000 Corundium, there is a bit of lack in that mineral, and 400 uridium. Also, as the retool to the container takes less than a day, I will create it using SM after waiting the time that would be needed using the construction capacity to build them.. one month).

EDIT: I'm trying to find the way to transfer the container to the other race, and I can't find it. How can I transfer it? (the transfer button on misc. tab is no longer there)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:34:47 AM by idefelipe »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1646 on: April 11, 2021, 06:18:00 AM »
EDIT: I'm trying to find the way to transfer the container to the other race, and I can't find it. How can I transfer it? (the transfer button on misc. tab is no longer there)

Suggestion: Grav sensors are pretty small, you might be able to get away with building those packages in a fighter factory.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1647 on: April 11, 2021, 06:33:46 AM »
Dang, I need the boarding ship tech. Ok, I think I will give it for free to both empires.

Thanks!

EDIT: It is not as easy as boarding tech. It also requires powered armour and boarding capable troops :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:39:38 AM by idefelipe »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1648 on: April 11, 2021, 06:51:19 AM »
powered armor and boarding capability is optional, just makes the troops better at it.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1649 on: April 11, 2021, 11:30:53 AM »
I never tried to board without boarding capability (powered armor is the requirement for the boarding capability).

Will try it. Thanks a bunch Zap0!!

Edited:

It worked. I created a "Trade Center" ship with an engine a small board module, also I created a "customs team" with a bunch of soldiers to load on it.

As the container where the gravitational sensors were located was very small, the board was quick and clean. Now the question I have... could I mount a grav sensor without the tech? I wilm see it tomorrow 😁
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 01:32:41 PM by idefelipe »