Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358944 times)

misanthropope, KriegsMeister, skoormit, wedgebert and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1830 on: May 22, 2021, 04:00:07 PM »
How do you mark a ground unit format formation template as obsolete? I make new ones with my updated unit designs so I can build fresh units, but my formation list is being filled with outdated formations. Already accidentally queued up 20 of old models and had to go through and cancel them one by one!
You should be able to obsolete templates in the bottom left of the Formation Templates window

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #1831 on: May 22, 2021, 05:02:18 PM »
Do all races see the same ground survey status? What happens if an NPR completes a ground-based survey of a planet you haven't discovered yet? What if you've already discovered it and completed an orbital survey, but not a ground-based survey?

I'm asking because I ran into NPR geosurvey formations on two planets and I'm trying to figure out what they're doing there, since the planets are not currently eligible for ground-based surveys and I know I never conducted ground-based surveys on them.

Offline Density

• D
« Reply #1832 on: May 22, 2021, 09:25:20 PM »
How do you mark a ground unit format formation template as obsolete? I make new ones with my updated unit designs so I can build fresh units, but my formation list is being filled with outdated formations. Already accidentally queued up 20 of old models and had to go through and cancel them one by one!
You should be able to obsolete templates in the bottom left of the Formation Templates window
That button marks units as obsolete, not templates. I don't know of a way to mark those as obs, but you can delete templates with the button of that name on the bottom right of that window.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1833 on: May 23, 2021, 04:25:00 AM »
That button marks units as obsolete, not templates. I don't know of a way to mark those as obs, but you can delete templates with the button of that name on the bottom right of that window.

You can just delete templates you no longer need as they aren't connected to anything. Or you can update an old template with modern equipment. Templates are not the same as ship classes.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #1834 on: May 23, 2021, 07:19:21 AM »
Are there any settings in the game which will ensure that there are more systems with astronomical bodies and resources than systems completely devoid of anything.

Started a new game because of a plethora of empty systems in my last game - in the new game , lo and behold the 3 jump points around Sol lead to 3 empty systems ( i has 2 comets , the other 2 nothing ) . What can be done about this ?

Could possibly an option be available at game start to give a percentage chance of more systems with resources than completely empty ones ?

DavidR

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1835 on: May 23, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
Are there any settings in the game which will ensure that there are more systems with astronomical bodies and resources than systems completely devoid of anything.

Started a new game because of a plethora of empty systems in my last game - in the new game , lo and behold the 3 jump points around Sol lead to 3 empty systems ( i has 2 comets , the other 2 nothing ) . What can be done about this ?

Could possibly an option be available at game start to give a percentage chance of more systems with resources than completely empty ones ?

DavidR

Known Stars games will have more 'empty' systems because there are a lot of red dwarf stars. Low mass stars are less likely to have planets. Random stars has a higher percentage of higher mass stars.

Aurora system generation is based on this document by Tyge Sjöstrand, although with some modifications. Check page 11 for the number of orbits vs star type. I have a later version of this doc but can no longer find it online.
http://sol.trisen.com/downloads/wg.pdf

I actually prefer the games with more 'empty' systems as it makes the good systems more valuable and makes the logistics more challenging. Also, it isn't all downside. Because the empty systems tend to have low mass stars, the jump points in those systems will be closer to the primary, which brings the next ring of systems closer to Sol than they would otherwise be.

The following users thanked this post: davidr

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1836 on: May 23, 2021, 09:07:29 AM »
Can this game be converted to play on android tablet?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1837 on: May 23, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
Can this game be converted to play on android tablet?

Theoretically, although the coding might take a while :)

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1838 on: May 23, 2021, 10:36:33 AM »
Where do you see if Alien Intel points are being gathered from ELINT modules? I have an Intelligence Corvette with an EM Sensor and ELINT module that has detected a large Alien Population, but the EM sensor size/strength means it can detect sig strength 1000 at over double the range of the ELINT module. I've moved closer but am concerned about being detected. How do I tell I've gotten close enough to start gathering ELINT intel points?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1839 on: May 23, 2021, 10:43:53 AM »
Where do you see if Alien Intel points are being gathered from ELINT modules? I have an Intelligence Corvette with an EM Sensor and ELINT module that has detected a large Alien Population, but the EM sensor size/strength means it can detect sig strength 1000 at over double the range of the ELINT module. I've moved closer but am concerned about being detected. How do I tell I've gotten close enough to start gathering ELINT intel points?

You can see intelligence points for a population by clicking on the population on the Intelligence window.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1840 on: May 23, 2021, 05:34:32 PM »
Is it possible to actually find habitable planets on the random system generator? (Generate System on a custom start)

Offline Tavik Toth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #1841 on: May 23, 2021, 05:48:49 PM »
yeah, it just sometimes a few tries to get one to generate.

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1842 on: May 23, 2021, 08:18:20 PM »
If i make a military Space Station with enough maintenance modules to keep its size up and running, could it sustain itself as long as is there MSP or will there be critical failure after the maintanence clock runs out?

Online skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #1843 on: May 23, 2021, 08:54:22 PM »
If i make a military Space Station with enough maintenance modules to keep its size up and running, could it sustain itself as long as is there MSP or will there be critical failure after the maintanence clock runs out?

The maintenance clock does not advance for a ship at a maintenance location as long as MSP is available.
Details here.

Offline Density

• D
« Reply #1844 on: May 23, 2021, 09:44:02 PM »

The bigger issue is that a maintenance module weighs 5k and at best can support 6.25k. So after supporting itself, and the hull and crew quarters needed, that doesn't leave much weight to do anything else. And that's after the 250k RP tech; before that, it won't support itself.

So, can it be done? Yes. It's just very expensive compared to pairing a military station with a commercial station equiped with the modules to support it.