Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358884 times)

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2265 on: November 01, 2021, 06:00:56 AM »
Do unit is support position and rear echelon position benefit from Fortification or Hit modifier? Or does it depend on suported unit position? (If the support Units in Attack, then they use Hit mod and the other way around)

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2266 on: November 01, 2021, 08:02:54 AM »
Do unit is support position and rear echelon position benefit from Fortification or Hit modifier? Or does it depend on suported unit position? (If the support Units in Attack, then they use Hit mod and the other way around)

Use of fortification is only dependent on the formation's own position. So any formation in either front line defence, support, or rear echelon will benefit from fortification, while any formation on front line attack will gain no benefit from fortification, but will use the hit modifier.

The following users thanked this post: Pury

Offline Pury

« Reply #2267 on: November 14, 2021, 03:17:07 AM »
Does Science department module bonus apply to missiles fired from the ship to scan planetary body? Or does it only work on onboard sensors?

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2268 on: November 14, 2021, 10:21:32 PM »
Does Science department module bonus apply to missiles fired from the ship to scan planetary body? Or does it only work on onboard sensors?

it should only work for onboard sensors.

The following users thanked this post: Pury

Offline Bluebreaker

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #2269 on: November 16, 2021, 12:43:57 PM »
Do NPR ever use shields?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2270 on: November 16, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2271 on: November 16, 2021, 02:21:20 PM »
Do NPR ever use shields?

Yes.

I do wish it was more common though, I've only had one NPR have shields on them so far across multiple campaigns with multiple generated NPRs.

Offline Pury

« Reply #2272 on: November 17, 2021, 05:56:46 AM »
Do Orbital habitats population produce infrastructure? Or only "On-planet" population do?

EDIT.
Tested it out and it worked. I was reading some old post where somebody said it did not produce them. Wasn't sure if there were not any rules that I did not know about.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:59:37 AM by Pury »

Offline knife644

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2273 on: November 18, 2021, 01:21:03 PM »
can someone explain to me how the standing order "move to gas giant with sorium" works because i have a fleet with fuel harvesting ships in it and when i set this standing order is says "Fuel fleet 1 is unable to carry out its primary standing order move to gas giant with sorium as there is no suitable destination" even though it is in sol and i know for a fact there are gas giants with sorium.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2274 on: November 18, 2021, 01:23:22 PM »
can someone explain to me how the standing order "move to gas giant with sorium" works because i have a fleet with fuel harvesting ships in it and when i set this standing order is says "Fuel fleet 1 is unable to carry out its primary standing order move to gas giant with sorium as there is no suitable destination" even though it is in sol and i know for a fact there are gas giants with sorium.

This could be a bug, assuming you have surveyed said gas giants. There was a bug fix in the 1.13 patch for this standing order as previously a fleet was able to use this to fly over to a gas giant which hadn't been surveyed, so it is possible that the bug fix introduced its own bug of the opposite flavor.

The following users thanked this post: knife644

Offline knife644

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2275 on: November 18, 2021, 03:09:38 PM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee link=topic=11545.     msg156834#msg156834 date=1637263402
Quote from: knife644 link=topic=11545.     msg156833#msg156833 date=1637263263

This could be a bug, assuming you have surveyed said gas giants.      There was a bug fix in the 1.     13 patch for this standing order as previously a fleet was able to use this to fly over to a gas giant which hadn't been surveyed, so it is possible that the bug fix introduced its own bug of the opposite flavor.     
thank you i checked to see if this bug had been reported and it has it has been fixed for 1. 14
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:02:34 PM by knife644 »

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2276 on: November 22, 2021, 12:44:57 PM »
Getting back into C# now...

Am I missing something obvious or how do you SM Add Ordnance or Ship Components?

Looks like the SM Add/Edit buttons were moved from Industry tab to Civilian Economy tab where these are not handled.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2277 on: November 22, 2021, 12:56:00 PM »
Getting back into C# now...

Am I missing something obvious or how do you SM Add Ordnance or Ship Components?

Looks like the SM Add/Edit buttons were moved from Industry tab to Civilian Economy tab where these are not handled.

There is not a way to do this at a colony as far as I know. However, you can add ordnance to ships with SM mode: in the Naval Organization window, select a ship, navigate to the ordnance tab, and there are a few buttons you can use to do this. If you have an ammunition transport ship in orbit you can SM add ordnance to it and then transfer that to the colony. For components I do not know any ways to do this.

The following users thanked this post: alex_brunius

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2278 on: November 23, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »
I'm guessing it's the same deal with Wealth? Can't SM Edit it anywhere?

Testing out a multiple empires on Earth start with trading going on and it's kind of tricky to do without being able to pay eachother ::)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2279 on: November 23, 2021, 11:30:04 AM »
I'm guessing it's the same deal with Wealth? Can't SM Edit it anywhere?

Testing out a multiple empires on Earth start with trading going on and it's kind of tricky to do without being able to pay eachother ::)

Not AFAIK because wealth is an empire-wide value. I suggest modifying the FCT_Race table and not telling Steve that you did.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Warer