Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358994 times)

Offline Marski

• Commander
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2850 on: August 15, 2022, 12:16:51 PM »
At which population is the NPR spawning spacemaster mechanism optimized to? It seems if the NPR is spawned with less than 300 million population, it gets way too many ships spawned in comparison to the maintenance facilities regardless if you set ship points to zero or not.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:27:28 PM by Marski »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2851 on: August 15, 2022, 08:14:00 PM »
At which population is the NPR spawning spacemaster mechanism optimized to? It seems if the NPR is spawned with less than 300 million population, it gets way too many ships spawned in comparison to the maintenance facilities regardless if you set ship points to zero or not.

NPRs don't use maintenance, I don't think, although they do now eventually run out of MSP from beam weapon failures.

NPRs also don't adhere to the ship build points setting at all, which I suppose is fair as they can try to make up for in quantity what the player has over them in quality... and brains.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2852 on: August 16, 2022, 06:27:48 AM »
Do spoiler AI's cheat though?

I have had n=3 games where I have run an early tech phase, encountered a threat at a planet, gone back a save to build missiles at a given tech level and then when I have missiles the threat does not show up even though I am pretty sure their ship designs do not have the sensors to pick up my defences without registering on mine.

One suspects the AI might be as cheaty as oneself!

Maybe its just projection born of a guilty conscience :D

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:08:14 AM by boolybooly »

Offline Kashada

• Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #2853 on: August 16, 2022, 04:50:23 PM »
Looking for tips on how to set up patrols within my systems.

Current I have a number of waypoints around the system that my fleets move to wait at a few day then move on to the next one before repeating the cycle. I have conditional orders for fuel level to refuel at colony or hub and for exceeding deployment for them to refuel/resupply/refit.

This basically has them doing what I want with a few issues;

Firstly I cant have conditional order for both fuel and supply levels if I also want to have them refit.

Secondly and most importantly every time they complete a conditional order they stop patrolling and I have to reissue the orders. I'm currently only running around 5 patrol routes across 3 system but this is already becoming really old.

Currently I am considering adding a tanker and supply ship to each patrol to reduce the number of times they stop for conditional orders however this feels like over kill for corvette patrols, are there any tricks I'm missing that will trigger them to go back to completing their previous orders after refueling or overhauling?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:00:24 PM by Kashada »

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2854 on: August 16, 2022, 05:44:18 PM »
Looking for tips on how to set up patrols within my systems.
I have not done mobile patrols like this myself (I tend to opt for a base/outpost with a quick-response force stationed above it to save on fuel), but it seems like your best bet is to put the refuel/resupply/overhaul orders into the cycle itself. If the patrols are based only on static points (waypoints, jump points, etc) then you can get the time for a single loop pretty easily from the fleet screen, and insert a refuel order after every X cycles.

Offline Kashada

• Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #2855 on: August 16, 2022, 05:59:51 PM »
Yeah I am thinking that is likely the best approach to cut down on long term micro.

I normally do static defense to but with the new Spoiler race I want to be able to patrol my systems as while my assets should be safe once I figure out the right amount of defenses required my civilian shipping will likely get shredded if the QRF is not close enough.

Offline PandaBearTellEm

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #2856 on: August 16, 2022, 06:22:31 PM »
Hello! Do I understand correctly that to get up to the current version, one can apply the 2. 1. 0 patch to a 1. 13 download (along with following the instructions of deleting the . exe and . db files available here- hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=13049. 0 ) ?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #2857 on: August 16, 2022, 07:04:43 PM »
Yes, the only two files that matter are Aurora.exe and AuroraDB.db. Each “patch” download just replaces one or both of those two files. Most of the rest of the files are either ancillary, like the race, flag, ship, station, and medal images or they are important but basically never change from one version to the next such as the sqlite dlls.

You can add and remove images any time you like, fwiw.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 07:09:01 PM by db48x »

The following users thanked this post: PandaBearTellEm

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #2858 on: August 17, 2022, 07:28:24 AM »

NPRs don't use maintenance, I don't think, although they do now eventually run out of MSP from beam weapon failures.

NPRs also don't adhere to the ship build points setting at all, which I suppose is fair as they can try to make up for in quantity what the player has over them in quality... and brains.
Have you tried starts with multiple NPR's on earth? Ever since 2.0 dropped they seem to be broken for me atleast. They sit on earth's orbit until truce countdown hits zero and begin WW3.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:21:39 AM by Marski »

Offline doodle_sm

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: doodleSM
« Reply #2859 on: August 17, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »
How do I (if I can) connect SpaceMastered created systems to other systems?
Maybe, in the end, this was the best that any warrior could hope for. A chance to reconcile with your enemy, or, failing that, to fall in the pursuit of peace

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2860 on: August 17, 2022, 08:54:57 AM »
How do I (if I can) connect SpaceMastered created systems to other systems?

Unfortunately that is not possible currently, you would have to edit it in database.

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2861 on: August 17, 2022, 10:03:43 AM »
Does anyone use their industry to make ship components in advance of constructing a ship to reduce build time ? Or is it better to utilize the industry for larger items and delay the time taken to build a ship . Which should be the way to go ?

DavidR

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2862 on: August 17, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »
I started a 2.1 game (TN start) and the only troop transport tech I have is "Troop Transport bay - Conventional".  What is the prerequisite tech for researching standard troop transport bays? 

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #2863 on: August 17, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
I started a 2.1 game (TN start) and the only troop transport tech I have is "Troop Transport bay - Conventional".  What is the prerequisite tech for researching standard troop transport bays?

It should be under the Ground Combat research tab, as Troop Transport Bay - Standard. It'll research all of the different sized ones as well, and allow the research of the boarding bays and drop bays.

The following users thanked this post: bankshot

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2864 on: August 17, 2022, 10:49:22 AM »

Just had a look at my game and I have Troop Transport Bay - Standard available from the  start . Perhaps a re-install to try and fix ?