Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358847 times)

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2985 on: September 09, 2022, 07:09:53 PM »
If I had a station with commercial hangers and enough maintenance capacity, could I station fighters there without needing a recreation module to keep the fighter crews from gaining deployment time?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2986 on: September 09, 2022, 07:11:52 PM »
If I had a station with commercial hangers and enough maintenance capacity, could I station fighters there without needing a recreation module to keep the fighter crews from gaining deployment time?

No, because deployment time and maintenance life are not related at all, except that coincidentally they both tick up over time.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2987 on: September 09, 2022, 07:47:10 PM »
I'm having problems with automated replacements.  I initially created ground units with a 4K/5K size template and have decided to go with double-size units.  So I changed the replacement template of one of the units to the new size, and checked the "use for replacements" on another one.  But after a production update no elements have moved.

The units are on Mars, and I've renamed the first old-style ISC infantry screen to the new double size ISI version, and changed the template to the new double-sized version.  The 9th unit has been renamed to Infantry screen replacements and has the replacement flag set.  https://imgur.com/a/4uqqkhU

What am I doing wrong?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2988 on: September 09, 2022, 08:12:03 PM »
I'm having problems with automated replacements.  I initially created ground units with a 4K/5K size template and have decided to go with double-size units.  So I changed the replacement template of one of the units to the new size, and checked the "use for replacements" on another one.  But after a production update no elements have moved.

The units are on Mars, and I've renamed the first old-style ISC infantry screen to the new double size ISI version, and changed the template to the new double-sized version.  The 9th unit has been renamed to Infantry screen replacements and has the replacement flag set.  https://imgur.com/a/4uqqkhU

What am I doing wrong?

Most likely you have not yet set up the Unit Series, as the replacements system only works with Unit Series - it will not simply replace units with identical models on its own.

The following users thanked this post: bankshot

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2989 on: September 09, 2022, 08:33:24 PM »
That's the piece I was missing, thanks!

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #2990 on: September 10, 2022, 07:55:07 PM »
Does the tactical bonus that naval commanders can get do anything? If not, what is the point of CICs

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2991 on: September 10, 2022, 08:33:09 PM »
Does the tactical bonus that naval commanders can get do anything? If not, what is the point of CICs

It's not documented well anywhere, but the tactical skill adds a bonus for weapons to hit. Both beams and missiles, I think. I can't find the formula anywhere, but I _think_ it adds the tac bonus after all other accuracy factors are calculated. So it's actually really powerful, if you have good tactical officers.

The following users thanked this post: captainwolfer

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2992 on: September 10, 2022, 09:02:04 PM »

It's not documented well anywhere,

cough cough Ahem cough cough

The following users thanked this post: Erik L, captainwolfer

Offline paolot

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #2993 on: September 11, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »
Maybe I am blind for the right button in the game, or I don't perform the correct search in the forum, but I can't find a way to promote a Civilian Administrator of a colony.
Game assigned an A1 administrator to the colony when it was formed (Automated Assignments is ON; Do Not Promote is OFF; Automated Assignment for Colony, in Economics, Governor tab, is ON).
After years, the colony has grown to A5, but no promotion was done and he is still at A1 and still the governor (the game didn't substituted him).
I would like to maintain him in charge and promote him.
So, how can I do this?

Offline paolot

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #2994 on: September 11, 2022, 08:01:30 AM »
More a curiosity than a game need.
Do you terraform Venus? If so, how much time does it take to reach an acceptable environment?
In my game, in Venus there are the largest quantities of Duranium and Sorium of the Solar system, but manned mines cannot obviously work.
So, terraforming is an useless effort, or maybe can I get good Manufacturing Efficiency sometime in the future?

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #2995 on: September 11, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »
Why is there low gravity infrastructure, but no other specialized types, ie. High gravity, low temperature, etc.?  Is it simply that low grav planets are still relatively easy to colonize, but the other environmental factors are too hostile and cost prohibitive?

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2996 on: September 11, 2022, 08:52:37 AM »
Maybe I am blind for the right button in the game, or I don't perform the correct search in the forum, but I can't find a way to promote a Civilian Administrator of a colony.
Game assigned an A1 administrator to the colony when it was formed (Automated Assignments is ON; Do Not Promote is OFF; Automated Assignment for Colony, in Economics, Governor tab, is ON).
After years, the colony has grown to A5, but no promotion was done and he is still at A1 and still the governor (the game didn't substituted him).
I would like to maintain him in charge and promote him.
So, how can I do this?

Civ Admins don't really have ranks, so they cannot be promoted.
The admin level is more of a skill than a rank.

That said, the game will let you keep an admin in their current assignment even if the required admin level increases past the civ admin's level after they are assigned.
(This can be abused with sector commands--assign a low-level admin to a sector command before adding systems to it.)

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2997 on: September 11, 2022, 08:54:33 AM »
More a curiosity than a game need.
Do you terraform Venus? If so, how much time does it take to reach an acceptable environment?
In my game, in Venus there are the largest quantities of Duranium and Sorium of the Solar system, but manned mines cannot obviously work.
So, terraforming is an useless effort, or maybe can I get good Manufacturing Efficiency sometime in the future?

Terraforming Venus is a fool's errand.
The time and resources required do not justify the return.
You are better off putting those terraformers and/or population to work elsewhere, or using automated mines (or orbital hab modules) instead if you really want the minerals from Venus.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2998 on: September 11, 2022, 09:20:07 AM »
Terraforming Venus is a mega project to show off the resources of your empire. It's something to be done when you have hundreds of massive terraforming stations.

Why is there low gravity infrastructure, but no other specialized types, ie. High gravity, low temperature, etc.?  Is it simply that low grav planets are still relatively easy to colonize, but the other environmental factors are too hostile and cost prohibitive?
Extreme temperatures can be handled by normal infrastructure, you just need more of it. Low-G infra allows you to colonize a body that is normally not colonizable and as such it is differentiated from normal infrastructure. They also cannot operate together of course.

For High-G, you must use Ark modules instead as high-G basically means that your species would be crushed living on that body.

The following users thanked this post: Jarhead0331

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #2999 on: September 11, 2022, 10:36:59 AM »
I think nuclearslurpee missed that this question was about hangars and fighters?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought hangars stop the maintenance clock and reset the deployment time of carried ships, so you need neither maintenance modules nor recreation modules.