Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359065 times)

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3285 on: May 09, 2023, 06:07:48 AM »
In my empire I have my original race and then a race I conquered - and when I set up a new colony it was automatically assigned to the conquered race, so I couldn't settle my own colonists.  Does anyone know what determines the race assigned to a new colony? Or how to change it (before actually putting colonists there)?

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #3286 on: May 09, 2023, 10:53:09 PM »
In my empire I have my original race and then a race I conquered - and when I set up a new colony it was automatically assigned to the conquered race, so I couldn't settle my own colonists.  Does anyone know what determines the race assigned to a new colony? Or how to change it (before actually putting colonists there)?

Thankfully you can have multiple colonies of different species on the same planet
You can switch which race you are creating colonies for in the top right of the system generation and display window.
You can create a new colony of your original race and delete the one of the other race.

The following users thanked this post: Zeebie

Offline Hari

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #3287 on: May 11, 2023, 10:10:41 AM »
Hi,

Is there a shortkey to save the current game ? Trying to script an autosave batch after several crashes (and tons of hours wasted).

Offline Marv

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #3288 on: May 11, 2023, 01:29:05 PM »
Quick question, I must have missed sth here: my 22 x CI produce 49.5 minerals per year with the help of the governor bonus.
Why does it not say "49.5" but "45" in the mineral data for Acc 1 minerals?
The 22 CI are complete, no conversion from CI is going on.
Thanks!

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3289 on: May 11, 2023, 06:10:19 PM »
The 49.5 you seek is in the Modifiers pane at the bottom. However, I think this should count as a display bug as the time-to-depletion shown here cannot be accurate without accounting for bonuses - you should feel free to repost this into the bugs thread.

Offline Xanithas

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #3290 on: May 13, 2023, 11:03:28 AM »
Is there a way to cause / encourage a shipping line to form on a planet besides my home system? Additionally is there a max number of them you can have? Finally is there any way I can influence their growth IE, providing wealth from the government to help build ships or donating my older ships to them?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3291 on: May 13, 2023, 11:35:02 AM »
Finally is there any way I can influence their growth IE, providing wealth from the government to help build ships or donating my older ships to them?

If you set up contracts in the Civilian Economy tab of the Economics window, this will pay the civilians to do shipments for you and thus stimulate growth. Otherwise, there's not really any ways to interact with them directly or influence the other questions you asked.

The following users thanked this post: Xanithas

Offline Xanithas

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #3292 on: May 13, 2023, 06:47:34 PM »
Finally is there any way I can influence their growth IE, providing wealth from the government to help build ships or donating my older ships to them?

If you set up contracts in the Civilian Economy tab of the Economics window, this will pay the civilians to do shipments for you and thus stimulate growth. Otherwise, there's not really any ways to interact with them directly or influence the other questions you asked.

Thank you for the feedback, I didnt know giving them orders spirred their growth so I might assign them more long term heavy lift contracts. The second part however begs a follow on question. Have you or anyone else here ever seen a Civ shipping line form anywhere but your home world and if so what all did that planet have on it (IE pop, structures ect.)?

dpickle

« Reply #3293 on: May 13, 2023, 10:25:49 PM »
Is there a setting in game setup or a db mod that can be adjusted to increase the normal (average) number of jump points in each system? I would like to try playing with a more interconnected map.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3294 on: May 14, 2023, 12:42:26 AM »
Sorry to bother you with this question, but if I'm willing to wait some weeks or even months, should I wait for 2.2 or it's best to start now?

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3295 on: May 14, 2023, 02:02:15 AM »
Thank you for the feedback, I didnt know giving them orders spirred their growth so I might assign them more long term heavy lift contracts. The second part however begs a follow on question. Have you or anyone else here ever seen a Civ shipping line form anywhere but your home world and if so what all did that planet have on it (IE pop, structures ect.)?

I've never seen anything to indicate shipping lines are tied to any particular planet. Ships start appearing and then go to where the contracts are.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3296 on: May 14, 2023, 03:21:08 AM »
Sorry to bother you with this question, but if I'm willing to wait some weeks or even months, should I wait for 2.2 or it's best to start now?
You are likely to mess things up and restart several times as there is a learning curve so I would think starting a game now and learning how things work is a good idea. While there are signifigant changes coming a lot of the fundemenatals will not change

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3297 on: May 14, 2023, 05:43:20 AM »
Is there a setting in game setup or a db mod that can be adjusted to increase the normal (average) number of jump points in each system? I would like to try playing with a more interconnected map.
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please register your account so that we do not have to manually approve each post you make.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3298 on: May 14, 2023, 09:57:57 AM »

Estimated 2.2 arrival time is currently sometime in autumn, so the answer depends on how patient you are. My advice is always to go ahead and start a new game, if you are enjoying it there is no obligation to update right away when 2.2 comes out and if you screw up and die horribly then you can start a new game in 2.2.

If you play with Random Stars, the Local System Chance and Local System Spread settings control interconnectedness to a certain extent. I believe that in general, setting both of these to be higher will increase the amount of connections between existing systems - but if you set this too high, you might run out of jump points to new systems sooner than you'd like!

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3299 on: May 14, 2023, 03:09:05 PM »
As mentioned before the game (2.1.1) created a new race "Civilians" when I tugged a repair shipyard through a JP, it declared they had been spotted as if an alien race and the intel window showed them with 10k diplomacy points and all race images identical to my player race.

Just now I ordered a troop drop on a precursor planet cleared of ships and the game gave the victory to them but the planet and its contents were transferred to Civilians, see screeny. Is that normal? Its my first invasion.

I ended up with two colonies on the same planet both named Iota Horologii IV after the planet, one marked with 2xDST and the other containing a ruined outpost and my troops. I was able to retrieve the troops and drop them in the 2xDST pop then delete the empty pop and the 2xDST pop showed the ruined outpost buildings so I didnt lose anything but am just confused about what happened?

Is this a bug?