Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 359082 times)

AlStar and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3390 on: September 21, 2023, 01:27:38 AM »
I've got another autoroute problem.  This time I can't autoroute through Waddeson, which is one of my primary systems.  Autorouting from this system works, just not to or through.  There's been no combat in this system in decades, so its danger level is zero (I have one non-zero system, Isengard).  As it is a primary system there is also significant civilian traffic to/from and through the system.  I have no systems currently flagged as alien-controlled, and all internal warp points have been stabilized. 

To duplicate, give orders to one of the following fleets:
Grav Survey 1 is in Wolcott (on the periphery)
Geo Survey 1 is in Veron (a core system) but cannot route to Waddeson, Wolcott, or Brocchi
Hercules 029 Wad is in Waddeson (can autoroute to any system, but Isengard requires turning off the danger rating check)

Waddeson system is marked with "Block Fleet Movement Auto Route"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 01:31:17 AM by Kiero »

The following users thanked this post: bankshot

Offline IceKobold

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #3391 on: September 25, 2023, 01:26:14 PM »
In the wiki it mentions missiles linked together as different generations of the same missile (and the reloading usefulness thereof).   Is this still a thing in C# and if so how do I make it happen?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3392 on: September 25, 2023, 04:25:05 PM »

The following users thanked this post: IceKobold

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3393 on: October 05, 2023, 11:10:37 AM »
Is there a way to generate an empty ground formation in order of battle.

e.g I have some very full STO units and want to split them up into smaller units and spread the joy around the galaxy, is there a way to make an empty formation so I can then add a spare HQ and STOs from existing formations at the same location?

Or do I need to build a number of quick to build units and then transfer extras into the formations they create?

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #3394 on: October 05, 2023, 01:29:46 PM »
That's what I've been doing - keeping the shells from resupply/spares formations around to use for that purpose.   I standardized on 30K as my regimental transport size, with formation sizes of 1K for HQ/construction, 10K for infantry, 10K for tanks, 5K for artillery, and 2x 2K spares slots.  The initial builds take a long time but logistics and reinforcement units build pretty quickly. 

But I think you could create a null unit (new formation template, don't add any units) then use "Instant Build" to make a new shell.  Or if you want to be safe you could add say one logistics infantry and create the new unit for a cost of 0.2 points.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3395 on: October 05, 2023, 09:05:44 PM »
But I think you could create a null unit (new formation template, don't add any units) then use "Instant Build" to make a new shell.

This works, it's what I do in these situations. I think v2.2 is adding the ability to split formations, so hopefully this will be unnecessary soon.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3396 on: October 06, 2023, 04:00:55 AM »
Thanks all, good thinking on the instant build front, will try that.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3397 on: October 09, 2023, 08:26:12 AM »
Why are weapon ranges not showing for my STO complex on 61 Ursae Majoris I ?

If you compare with 61 Ursae Majoris II you can see the display at the top with orangey weapons ranges, but none at 61 Ursae Majoris I despite having an STO complex which has been there long enough to have fortification 1.93. I played on and got it to fort 3 and still no weapons ranges. It was deplyed by the same dropship using standard unload.

The only difference is the Dormant Construct was not translated but I played on until it was and it did not help. It is a dwarf planet but gravity is standard. Showing orbit does not help.

Why can't I play wi'ma gurns papa?

EDIT would temperature make a difference to the deployment, at 352°C?
EDIT2 no, I tried a different planet in the same system and that has temps -11.8°C and in another system Alpha Leonis Minoris III a planet with -42.3°C displays STO weapon ranges just fine. I also tested the individual ground units and they all work on 61 Ursae Majoris II and none work on the other two planets I & III, so its something to do with the system which was previously a precursor system but only II was defended or had ruins whereas I had DC as well as II and III is a blue colony cost planet with no extras. So its not a typical system. I wonder if something happened in system generation which is causing this.
EDIT3 OK I have found out it is lack of DST at the other two planets. If I SM in a DST the weapons ranges appear. If I then delete it they disappear.

This confuses me because I thought the STOs were supposed to have their own active sensors. So the weapons would be active whether there was DST coverage or not and in any case DST only provides passive sensors so ought not have any effect on STO weapons. Unknown if the weapons work without DST present.

Would be grateful if anyone who knows could say whether this ought to be considered a bug or represents conditionality I was not aware of.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:56:37 PM by boolybooly »

The following users thanked this post: Kiero

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3398 on: October 16, 2023, 06:49:42 PM »
 --- If I do not check the "Generate Precursors" Option, but do check the "NPRs Generate Precursors" option, will NPRs still generate Precursors even if I can't?

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3399 on: October 26, 2023, 03:10:13 PM »
One thing I've never seemed to be able to find a clear answer on is fighter rearming, and the Fighter Operations skill.

Does the Fighter Operations skill bonus apply to 1. the time to add new ordnance to parasites, 2. the time for the missile launcher cooldown to end, 3. both, or 4. something else?

There's nothing in the UI I can see to clarify any of this, and all the documentation I've ever seen just vaguely refers to improving rearming and refuelling rates.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3400 on: October 26, 2023, 06:32:33 PM »
It doesn't do anything at the moment.

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3401 on: October 27, 2023, 01:55:03 AM »

Well that would explain why I can't figure it out! Was that confirmed by a Steve post, or is that the collective wisdom? I would think after Steve's Fighter based playthrough that would have been added as a fix for 2.2, but I don't see it in the change list.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3402 on: October 27, 2023, 03:39:53 AM »

Well that would explain why I can't figure it out! Was that confirmed by a Steve post, or is that the collective wisdom? I would think after Steve's Fighter based playthrough that would have been added as a fix for 2.2, but I don't see it in the change list.

Assuming you mean Carrier Operations, it improves the speed of refuelling, resupply and ordnance transfer in hangars. I've checked the code and it is in there.

It doesn't affect launcher cooldown time.

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3403 on: October 27, 2023, 04:33:38 AM »
Assuming you mean Carrier Operations, it improves the speed of refuelling, resupply and ordnance transfer in hangars. I've checked the code and it is in there.

Yes, I did mean Carrier Operations. Thanks for clarifying, Steve.

Given that the limiting factor for me has always been launcher cooldown, not refuelling or ordinance transfer, are there any plans to have the Carrier Operations bonus speed up launcher cooldown time as well?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3404 on: October 27, 2023, 05:34:09 AM »

Yes, I did mean Carrier Operations. Thanks for clarifying, Steve.

Given that the limiting factor for me has always been launcher cooldown, not refuelling or ordinance transfer, are there any plans to have the Carrier Operations bonus speed up launcher cooldown time as well?

Yes, I will add that for v2.2

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, alex_brunius, Snoman314