Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 365568 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3765 on: February 27, 2024, 01:05:19 PM »
What does a red box round a jump point mean

Danger, danger, Will Robinson!

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek, Viridia

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #3766 on: February 27, 2024, 01:05:55 PM »
Pretty sure it's "stabilized, but not by you."

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3767 on: February 27, 2024, 02:04:55 PM »

That’s where the little bas£&@:s are getting in

Offline pbhead

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #3768 on: February 28, 2024, 12:29:35 AM »
Ok.    I may be stupid again.    But I will ask.   Because I dont get it.   

Enemy shoots 9 missiles at me.    ok.    My fighters on area defense miss every shot.   ok.   well they hit some decoys.   still, ok. 

My 4 (2x4) cwis say they have 8 shots (shouldnt they have 4*8 =32?), and shoot down 22 missiles !!!! with a 275% kill rate! incredible!

all 9 missiles hit.   

Now I know there were some changes with missiles giving them multiple warheads.  .  .   but if they were using multiple warheads, i wouldnt expect 9x strength 8 hits every time.   

SO.   am I stupid?

edit: it looks like in the bug report section some guy had the same problem, but Awesome dev guy said he fixed it for 2. 5. 1. . . .  which is the version I thought I was playing. . .  given that the . exe file i am using was created on 1/25/2024.   so maybe i should post over there huh.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 12:49:46 AM by pbhead »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3769 on: February 28, 2024, 08:34:34 AM »
edit: it looks like in the bug report section some guy had the same problem, but Awesome dev guy said he fixed it for 2. 5. 1. . . .  which is the version I thought I was playing. . .  given that the . exe file i am using was created on 1/25/2024.   so maybe i should post over there huh.

The bug report is for 2.5.1, so will be fixed in 2.6. Right now CIWS doesn't work.

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3770 on: February 28, 2024, 11:00:50 AM »

Is it possible they’ve just stabilised the jump point and this isn’t their home?

I can’t find them anywhere in the system - assuming the point is stabilised at the end I can see and not on the other side of the jump

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3771 on: February 28, 2024, 05:16:50 PM »
Yes, a stabilized JP does not necessarily mean that there is an alien homeworld on the other side. But further speculation should go to the Spoiler sub-forum.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3772 on: February 29, 2024, 02:31:39 AM »
I have a few questions for you fine connoisseurs of the game!

I see it's not possible to make NPRs start as pre-TN. Too bad, and I guess it's because the additional code necessary for the transition would be too much work for the reward. In your mind (and I know I'm somehow comparing apples and oranges here), what would be the rough ratio of power (economic and research) between a non-TN and a TN so that the non-TN can catch up within 10 years with the TN. I would be the non-TN starting on Earth, with several other power blocks starting as TN on Earth too, so I prefer to err on the safe side and be too weak rather than too strong.
Let's say, if I start with 1600 CI and 16 RL, at 35% research speed, what should I give to the starting TN so they are not overpowering and I'm able to catch up with them within 10 years?

For the second question, in the same setting, if several races start in the same system and each has several bases in the same system, including on the same planet, what should I expect relations-wise when the truce period is over? A slow degradation of relationships? A fast one, immediate war? Everything is open, including staying friends?

Lastly, is it possible to make 2 NPRs like or dislike each other from the start, so that their relation evolves naturally either to alliance or war? That's to create some 'alignments' between different power blocks, and I would prefer not to see China befriend the USA against the EU, etc.

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3773 on: February 29, 2024, 05:02:25 AM »
If I’m making a ‘command’ vessel to be like an awacs system for the battlespace but think it would be handy to stick some fuel storage on board to help any other ships that run low - does this vessel also need a tick in the tanker box

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3774 on: February 29, 2024, 05:27:27 AM »
Yes, and refueling system

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3775 on: February 29, 2024, 05:56:32 AM »
Do maintenance facilities auto generate maintenance supplies because of their very existence or do they need minerals to make them

and which minerals do they use - im trying to produce some on a colony that has 50 MFs but keep getting the warning that i have a mineral shortage

TIA

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3776 on: February 29, 2024, 06:25:18 AM »
On Colony Mining screen you can check how much minerals you need to produce MPS on that specific colony (a year).
Duranium, Uridium, Gallicite.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11249.msg130583#msg130583

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3777 on: February 29, 2024, 06:40:37 AM »
i see it now - thankyou for your help

one last one for today if i may

i have finally produced salvage ships and have started pulling in the wrecks, soi now have a salvage ship with 8000 tons of wreck - i cant see any order to get this off the ship and take it to earth

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3778 on: February 29, 2024, 07:11:55 AM »

i have finally produced salvage ships and have started pulling in the wrecks, soi now have a salvage ship with 8000 tons of wreck - i cant see any order to get this off the ship and take it to earth

Depending what you have salvaged, click on the planet you want to unload the stuff and then click on unload (minerals, ship components)...

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3779 on: February 29, 2024, 07:36:22 AM »

Depending what you have salvaged, click on the planet you want to unload the stuff and then click on unload (minerals, ship components)...

yeah, i dont have that - all the salvage ships show a certain amount of tonnage salvaged, and anything found from alien wrecks was auto uploaded from the site - so i cant tell if the total salvaged is a record of how much the ship has salvaged or its actually on the ship somewhere, but clicking on earth gives me no unload options