Author Topic: Aurora let's play on youtube  (Read 5062 times)

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
Aurora let's play on youtube
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
Hello People,

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, and if it isn't, please tell me.

I am making a let's play of Aurora on youtube.  I currently have 30 episodes online and would like to know what people think about it.  Sadly, since there aren't the many aurora let's plays on youtube, not many people look there for them.  That is why I am going here to tell you that there now is a second (as far as my knowledge goes) let's play of Aurora on youtube.

If you want to see it, you can click here to go to the first episode in the playlist and here to just go to the first episode and also here to go to my channel.

I hope that I can make some people happy with this and would love to get some feedback on it :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:31:24 PM by mrDLSable »

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Aurora let's play on youtube
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:07:05 PM »
Only watched the first video so far.  Only two minor complaints.  Your mic volume is pretty low, had to crank my speakers way up.  And 720p isn't so great when clearly-readable text is so important in this game.

Otherwise pretty good.  Aurora definitely needs more Lets Plays and video tutorials.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:16:36 AM »
He changes the volume to be normal later on. I have some other recommendation though, and that is to be watchful of varying speech. Right now there is something like a core formula that goes "[slight future plan exposition]" followed by an enthusiastic "So!" as if things are really about to start now, but then the spirit gets immediately cut of by a derailing "ähhhhmm" which introduces another segment of plan exposition. Rinse and repeat. This happens around three times per minute, sometimes more often, sometimes less. Though it is not technically a bad model alone, the mass of it, and over 40 episodes of that can get quite bothersome. I know this is a start-up let's play project and some clemency from viewers is mandatory, so see this as well-intended criticism.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 06:53:54 PM »
Thank you very much for the tips. Like you said, I fixed the mic volume and 1080p :)

I am really happy with the criticism about the "mood swings" and will try to get that under control by writing down what I have already explained (I forget because episodes currently take about 3-6 hours to record...) :)

Thank you very much for the replies :)

Offline Alfapiomega

• Lt. Commander
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 05:30:04 AM »
Good to see more people making videos of the game! :)
"Everything is possible until you make a choice. "

Offline Azated

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
I've always wondered what an Aurora LP would look like, considering my games usually consist of opening and closing windows for three hours before finally managing to launch a ship that doesn't explode on contact with a paper airplane.