Author Topic: Is there any way to stop my civilans from snatching up all my infrastructure?  (Read 3454 times)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
I don't know what to tell you. The infrastructure I was building was turning up on mars

Are you absolutely sure that it was infrastructure you were building, i.e. if you stop building infrastructure does your stock go down?  The civie sector makes its own infrastructure as well, so just because civies are loading infrastructure at Earth and dumping it at Mars it doesn't mean it's the infrastructure you built.

If you're sure that they really were grabbing your infrastructure, then you should log this as a bug in the official bugs thread.  As someone already mentioned, what you're describing isn't supposed to happen....

John

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
What he said, above.

For what it's worth, I have sometimes let Luna and Mars grow to 100M+ population before terraforming them, just for the free infrastructure.  Once you terraform them, you can steal the civilians' infrastructure, and there'll be quite a lot of it at that point.

Civilians cannot steal your infrastructure, though.

Offline happy2pester (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • h
I think i actually solved what happened here.

To move my infrastructure, i use a block of three orders

Load Infrastructure Earth
Unload Infrastructure (Wherever)
Refuel at Earth

I then use the repeat orders X times feature

What I think I must have done, is I clicked the "Repeat" button more than once. My freighters attempt to move 50 infrastructure per order set. I tell them to repeat that 19 times for a full 1000 infrastructure. But if I click the button again, they try to repeat the 1000-infrasturcture order set a further 19 times, for a total of 20000 infrastructure.

I never realized what was happening because the list of orders went down into a long scroll list, and I wasn't going to sit and count every single line, so I just assumed it was correct

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
I think i actually solved what happened here.

To move my infrastructure, i use a block of three orders

Load Infrastructure Earth
Unload Infrastructure (Wherever)
Refuel at Earth

I then use the repeat orders X times feature

What I think I must have done, is I clicked the "Repeat" button more than once. My freighters attempt to move 50 infrastructure per order set. I tell them to repeat that 19 times for a full 1000 infrastructure. But if I click the button again, they try to repeat the 1000-infrasturcture order set a further 19 times, for a total of 20000 infrastructure.

I never realized what was happening because the list of orders went down into a long scroll list, and I wasn't going to sit and count every single line, so I just assumed it was correct
Repeat orders takes everything in the order list, and duplicates it x number of times.

I find cycle orders to be more useful. I can always cancel the orders when needed.

Offline happy2pester (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • h
I like to set it up for a specified amount, rather than monitor until satisfied