Author Topic: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 173866 times)

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
Re: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 10, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Declaring a emergency! Would be nice to enroll civilian shipping in an emergency, make them transport refuges, needed infrastructure, give fuel to stranded ships, etc.
That could work with a sufficient penalty. Perhaps you should need to compensate the civilian shipping lines at double build cost when you appropriate a ship? Otherwise you could use a perpetual state of emergency to skip the mineral and shipyard time costs of building freighters and colony ships.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #601 on: March 10, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
Declaring a emergency! Would be nice to enroll civilian shipping in an emergency, make them transport refuges, needed infrastructure, give fuel to stranded ships, etc.
You can kinda roleplay it. You can steal their ships and after a month or two destroy those ships (without wrecks) and pay the shipping lines enough so that they can buy new ones. That way you are effectively borrowing their ships for high costs.

If he emergency is still going, repeat. It needs to be done this way because I don't think you can currently transfer a ship back to shipping company.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2017, 05:43:00 AM »
Could we got an ability to rename fire controls in ship? In Class design would suffice though in Combat assignments with "Copy to TG"/"Copy to Race" would be great so you can change it together with PD mode. It would make reading the event log less confusing, if you can see which targeting is done by, say, "BFC-1" and which by "BFC-2" with more weapons under it.

Without this direct ability, I may start using to design BFCs twice, named the same just with "-A" and "-B" suffix, to be able to distinguish them then. Or using even number of weapons :| .

Iranon

« Reply #603 on: March 12, 2017, 06:35:44 AM »
Regarding civilian vessel requisition: I really like the idea.
I'd have this impose a severe wealth penalty on the affected line (for lost earnings while there may be ongoing costs - wages, interest etc), and a moderate penalty to all lines (to account for reluctance to invest in more ships, some measures to discourage the state from seizing their assets, and general disturbance due to the uncertainty).

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »
Event log: add event "Jump gate finished".
There are currently only "Jump gate detected" and "Jump gate underway".

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #605 on: March 13, 2017, 06:15:48 AM »
I would love a separate colony category of "Asteroid Mining". It is a bit annoying when colonies with nothing but ships with asteroid mining modules are hidden in the "Other Colonies" category.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #606 on: March 13, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
I would love a separate colony category of "Asteroid Mining". It is a bit annoying when colonies with nothing but ships with asteroid mining modules are hidden in the "Other Colonies" category.
And for Ground units screen and other places there already exists "list of all ships parked at this colony" function so filtering such ships for asteroid mining may not be too hard. Or "ore is disappearing while they are no mines" could be used.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #607 on: March 14, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
Population and production->Populated systems:
When renaming colony put the old name in the textarea, already selected, so one doesn't need to write it again if one wants only to fix a typo or other small change. But if you want to change it completely you can just write the new name directly.

This already works so for renaming of task groups but for colonies one is presented with a blank name in the Rename popup.

Offline DAVIDARCNO

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2017, 11:54:17 AM »
I do not know if any of this has been suggested, but for the civilian leaders:

1.  Each system have a governor for the entire system and passed down a fraction of his abilities to each colony in the system.
2.  A empire/federation/ leadership position for all systems.  Under would be the sector Governors, the system Governors and the planet Governors.  The tile of the empire wide leader could be determined by the empire theme.
3. The empire wide leaders could have a cabinet, Minister of war, industry, science, mining, terraforming etc.

I realize this would be a lot to add.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2017, 12:30:11 PM »
Population and production->Populated systems:
When renaming colony put the old name in the textarea, already selected, so one doesn't need to write it again if one wants only to fix a typo or other small change. But if you want to change it completely you can just write the new name directly.

This already works so for renaming of task groups but for colonies one is presented with a blank name in the Rename popup.

I am doing this for all the rename options in C# Aurora.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2017, 12:31:03 PM »

in C# Aurora, all ground-based and orbital mining is considered when categorising the colony.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #611 on: March 19, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
I do not know if any of this has been suggested, but for the civilian leaders:

1.  Each system have a governor for the entire system and passed down a fraction of his abilities to each colony in the system.
2.  A empire/federation/ leadership position for all systems.  Under would be the sector Governors, the system Governors and the planet Governors.  The tile of the empire wide leader could be determined by the empire theme.
3. The empire wide leaders could have a cabinet, Minister of war, industry, science, mining, terraforming etc.

I realize this would be a lot to add.

There are already sector commanders in VB6 Aurora, which provide bonuses to all planets within their sector.

It might be possible to add extra levels between the sector and the planet, but then I would have to tone down the benefits. For example, a sector governor adds 25% of his bonuses to each population in his sector. If I added a system governor, I would probably apply that bonus to him and reduce the sector commander to perhaps 5-10% of his bonus. I'm not sure it would be worth it, especially as in many cases a system may only have a single population. However, if we leave planetary and sector governors as they are, it might be possible to add your suggested Empire-wide government with different ministers providing different bonuses.

I am adding Naval Admin as well to C# Aurora, which will add some administrative elements on the naval side.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »
Could we got an ability to rename fire controls in ship? In Class design would suffice though in Combat assignments with "Copy to TG"/"Copy to Race" would be great so you can change it together with PD mode. It would make reading the event log less confusing, if you can see which targeting is done by, say, "BFC-1" and which by "BFC-2" with more weapons under it.

Without this direct ability, I may start using to design BFCs twice, named the same just with "-A" and "-B" suffix, to be able to distinguish them then. Or using even number of weapons :| .

I'll take a look at this when I start with the C# combat code.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »

Some form of government conscription for civilian shipping, or forced loan, is possible. There would have to be some significant penalties involved though to prevent this being a standard option.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
An intel screen for enemy missile types similar to the ship one. It contains a log of the speed, warhead, sensor strength, size, etc of encountered missile types.

Good idea. Will add to C# Aurora when I get to the Intelligence options.