Author Topic: Lucky Discovery  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Black (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Lucky Discovery
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
This is not really interesting, but still I will share few things from my recent Aurora game. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammatical errors. In my first few games I was quite lucky with potential colony sites and nice star systems, but in my recent game, I surveyed everything in 3 jumps range from Sol and didn't encountered any interesting systems. I was rather disappointed, this was my first serious Aurora game, my previous games were short and served me for learning various things about gameplay.

Then my scout cruiser entered trinary star 40 Eridani. Cruiser was soon welcomed by not very friendly Precursor ships that tried to engage my cruiser in combat, fortunately I have active sensors on my scout cruisers always on, so I was able to escape. Anyway I eventually dealt with enemy forces (2 space stations and 4 ships).

Primary star was orbited by nice 1.9 terrestrial world with several large 0.9 mineral deposits and ruined colony. 40 Eridani-C had another two 1.9 colony worlds and quite large asteroid field, but it was very far from 40 Eridany-A so I was a bit disappointed, that I will not be able to survey it. Then I noticed, that there were 3 LP in this star system, first two belonged to super jovians orbiting 40 Eridani-A, but I didn't know, where the third LP was, so I checked 40 Eridani-C and I realized how lucky I was. There was gas giant, orbiting very close to the Eridani-C star, it was very large and had the last LP. And so I was able to survey whole star system, got 3 potential colony sites and several massive deposits of 0.9 accessibility minerals. Well it would be nice to have Automatic Lagrange Point Jumps in this version of Aurora, but I will deal with it. :)

There was no heroic war against enemy empires, except for short battle with Precursor. I just wanted to share my enjoyment of this great game, that can surprise me every time i click on Increment Time button. Steve Walmsley, thank you very much for developing Aurora.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:52:17 PM by Black »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Lucky Discovery
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
+1 for me.

Thank to Steve from very long ago..

My First "Steve's" Encounter on 2002-2003 (Starfire Assistant)