Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65074 times)

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »
v5.60
Error in NPRPop Planning 3021.

I aborted a Create Empire from the F9 window operation half way through filling out the new empire form by clicking the red-x close-window button to double check that I had the right planet... and it created an empire anyway. More specifically, it created a Conventional NPR empire. I discovered this one time increment into the game when the Conventional Start Player race who was supposed to own the planet discovered it was rooming with an alien population.

This alien conventional NPR was not happy. It kept generating 14x 'Error in NPRPopPlanning 3021' messages every construction cycle. This went on until I SMed up an army of assault infantry. 2 months and an abandon colony later and the extra population and its error messages were gone.

Offline theredone7

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »
v5.  60

While I thought I had finished the design of a ship I blindly missed that it did not have enough life support for its crew.    However at that time I had already tried to retool the shipyard to build it.    It then appeared to instantly retool this.    While I thought it was a bit odd, I then went to build the ship.    After realising I finished off the design to hold enough life support and tried to retool the shipyard but it said it had already been retooled for the ship.    Will the two ships being built be the ones that are faulty?

Either way I decided to cancel the building of the ships, copy the design and rename it.    I then went to retool the shipyard to the new design (the same spec) and an error 6 was reported with an overflow.    It appeared that the shipyard was being retooled but did not have an estimated date for completion and the advancement of time led to the same error 6 being generated.    I changed one component in the design and it allowed me to retool the shipyard (although it will only take 4 days).

EDIT: Now I seem to be getting overflow errors every time I advance time, including when I click on objects in the system map.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:53:13 PM by theredone7 »

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
Version 5. 60, 5. 56, and probably previous versions.

Bug: Supply ships create maintenance supplies from thin-air when "resupplying" other ships, and don't subtract the supplies from their own stores.
Desired behavior: When a supply ship "resupplies" another ship, the maintenance supplies given should be subtracted from the supply ship's current MSP stores.
Observed behavior The supplies are magically created and given to the ship being resupplied, and they are not subtracted from the supply ship's own MSP stores.  This means one supply ship could resupply an unlimited number of ships with maintenance supplies forever.
Extra: Unlike resupply operations, refueling operations work as intended.  When using the "refuel" command, fuel is properly accounted for.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »
I have seen this minor bug before but could not associate it with anything. However, in v5.56 I find that if you gain astrogation data from captured survivors occasionally it will link a system wrongly in the F11 Galactic display.

E.g. Avalon links to Delta Aquilae, Beta Aquilae, Gliese 763 and Gliese 804. Then you capture enemy system data, the F11 Galactic display shows a link to Avalon, but the F9 screen shows no link for Avalon to the new system, only from the new system to Avalon. The F11 screen displays the following errors “Error WP link not found in GetWarpPointData” followed by a couple of “Error in DisplayWP” “Error 5 was generated by Aurora, Invalid procedure call or argument. Please report to…..”. The F11 screen in initially distorted but returns to normal once the errors are cleared. 

If you break the link in the F9 screen it does nothing to alter the display in F11.

The bug is irritating but not a show stopper.
IanD

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »

Bug: Supply ships create maintenance supplies from thin-air when "resupplying" other ships, and don't subtract the supplies from their own stores.
Desired behavior: When a supply ship "resupplies" another ship, the maintenance supplies given should be subtracted from the supply ship's current MSP stores.
Observed behavior The supplies are magically created and given to the ship being resupplied, and they are not subtracted from the supply ship's own MSP stores.  This means one supply ship could resupply an unlimited number of ships with maintenance supplies forever.
Extra: Unlike resupply operations, refueling operations work as intended.  When using the "refuel" command, fuel is properly accounted for.

Under what orders condition is this happening?  Conditional orders that direct a task group to the nearest supply ship at x% remaining or are you using the task group order for the task group with the supply ship(s) to resupply a specific task group?  Or both?
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
Quote from: Charlie Beeler link=topic=4487.   msg46056#msg46056 date=1328192080
Under what orders condition is this happening?  Conditional orders that direct a task group to the nearest supply ship at x% remaining or are you using the task group order for the task group with the supply ship(s) to resupply a specific task group?  Or both?

I have not been using conditional orders for resupplying.    My bug report is for specifically ordering a task group to "Resupply from supply ship at _______ location", and the bug happens even if they are in deep space (i. e.  not at a planet with MSP freely available).    I have noticed this across multiple games and versions, and so have other people in the Aurora IRC channel.   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:07:11 PM by fflaguna »

Offline Shaitan

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2012, 11:47:34 PM »
Hi there, got an error 6 (v5.  60) today (overflow of some sort, sorry, didn't catch the exact text and it doesn't seem to show up when I tick "show errors" on the message log)

I suspect it may be related to the black hole system I had just discovered.    The survey vessel in question has a maximum speed of exactly 2000km/s, Class II black hole, so net maximum speed is 0 km/s.    Ordered the ship to transit back through the jump point it had just passed through (after clearing the the 3 survey orders automatically set).    Clicked to advance 5 days, the error window popped up at this point, also the 0km/s surveyor warped roughly 3.   3 billion Km's from the jump point to right on top of the black hole (hasn't been destroyed yet though, I suspect it will linger until it runs out of maintenance supply and then has an engine fail, reducing its speed below 0).   

edit : Excellent news, the vessel is consuming fuel, the crews suffering will be much shorter than anticipated.  Only something in the order of 25 months to go! :P

Error window has not recurred since that time, though the unlucky surveyor lingers on.   

Conditional orders are set to 40% fuel > refuel colony 4 jumps, 20% supply > refit colony 4 jumps.    Current fuel status is 92%, maintenance supply 207/207.    (Just for the sake of completeness).   

As a side note, there are 3 unidentified wrecks sitting next to the black hole, that don't seem to be moving, will observe and see if they eventually fall in.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:22:37 AM by Shaitan »

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2012, 05:05:47 AM »

Bug: "Beam weapon max range" has no effect in-game. The fire control's max range overrides the beam weapon's max range for damage calculations.
Desired behavior: Beam weapon max range should be used to calculate the beam weapon damage fall-off.
Observed behavior Fire control max range is used instead by the game to calculate beam weapon damage fall-off.
Extra: Here is a screenshot exactly showing this

http://i.imgur.com/JnTDP.png (Image Link, click to zoom in)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:08:14 AM by fflaguna »

Offline Shaitan

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »
Quote from: Shaitan link=topic=4487.   msg46177#msg46177 date=1328420854
I suspect it may be related to the black hole system I had just discovered.   

Further on this, the ship in question finally ran out of fuel 2 and a half years later, however, it has now been sitting in the middle of the black hole for 3 hours (game time, keeps stopping every 30 minutes to tell me it's out of fuel), without any apparent ill effects.    Is death by black hole normally this prolonged? It's going to be really embarrassing if the ship named after the captain is launched before he actually dies.    :P

edit
Decided to end their suffering and mine, set task force speed to one. 

This generated an error popup. 
(error 6 : overflow)

Attempting to set the speed to 1 again generated the same error popup. 

Speed set to 1900 with no error. 

Advanced time 1 day : SV King George V has been destroyed by a black hole!

So apparently not having any fuel doesn't prevent a ships engines from counteracting the pull of a black hole, even when technically it has spent the last 2 and a half years inside the black hole, due to the previous warping incident. 

2nd edit
Oh, almost forgot, the 3 unidentified wrecks in the black hole system haven't budged.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:53:12 AM by Shaitan »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2012, 11:43:39 PM »
error 11 in turret design:
Trying to make a turret with a reduced size laser causes this:

Damage Output 3x1      Rate of Fire: 5 seconds     Range Modifier: 1
Max Range 30,000 km    Turret Size: 3    SPW: 3    Turret HTK: 1
Power Requirement: 3    Power Recharge per 5 Secs: 0 <<<<
Cost: 7    Crew: 15
Maximum Tracking Speed: 10000km/s
Materials Required: 5.4x Duranium  0.4x Corbomite  1.2x Corundium 

The laser itself is a 10cm Infared laser with a level 2 capacitor and the 25% size reduction/4x recharge.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »
Error in execute order
Error 6
Overflow
Getting this about 26 times each 30 day cycle.... not sure whats causing it... But if I uses 5 day cycles it works fine  ???
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:07:00 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline North Pole

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 03:06:55 AM »
v 5. 60

If you disassemble part (<1) of ship component it will go into negative.  Scrapping negative amount of components consumes resources.

Offline Sarganto

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
Well I think I have found a bug.

It seems like using a geological team on a body which has a civilian mine on them has no effect. They are just sitting there for years and years and nothing happens.

Already tried it on two different bodies with civilian mines on them and other bodies in between and everything works fine with that team on other bodies.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2012, 01:00:52 AM »
Can someone else check and see if ordinance factories will properly load and unload into freighters with just 2 cargo holds? the f12 menu claims that factories/portions thereof are in the holds, but there is no order to unload them, and unload all installations does not unload them, and the planet they are loaded from seems to still have them. 5x cargoholds don't have this problem of course.

"It seems like using a geological team on a body which has a civilian mine on them has no effect. They are just sitting there for years and years and nothing happens."
Did it say no survey in the mineral section? if not then it was already surveyed, and there was no need to resurvey it. Does the ship sit there with SP needed constantly?

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »
Strange one happend during a battle, had my ships on auto fire and they launched some 40 missiles at star in the system  ??? Not sure if its a bug or a one time error...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...