Author Topic: Fighter Initiative  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Resident Evil (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
Fighter Initiative
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »
Hello again.

I don't really know if I should post suggestions in this thread or the C# thread, so for the moment, unless told otherwise, I'm just going to post here.

I assume that C# is going to implement initiative still so I'd like to make the following observation/suggestion.

At the moment, I have to set Fighter squadrons initiative to a higher setting to get them to dock with the carrier. What is somewhat irritating is that every time they dock and relaunch, the initiative gets set back to 100 again. Now I can get round this by setting the carrier initiative lower than 100; so the fighters can dock. But still, fighters are naturally agile, so it would be nice if the code could be modified so they retain their initiative after docking/launch.

I'm not sure if this is practical, because I suspect the initiative is assigned to the Task Group, and when the fighter dock the Task Group no longer exists. Hmmmm..... Perhaps, rather than defaulting to 100, fighter squadrons could default to their highest possible initiative instead on creation.

Anyway, just a suggestion. It may be too much trouble to implement.

ZG

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Fighter Initiative
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 08:11:50 AM »
I don't really know if I should post suggestions in this thread or the C# thread, so for the moment, unless told otherwise, I'm just going to post here.

You're probably better off in the C# thread.  And btw, this post started a new thread in the VB suggestions board.  For suggestions and bug reports you should open the actual thread and do a "reply" rather than starting a new thread like you did here.  The reason for this is that Steve uses these threads as a memory aid/"database" - your suggestion is much less likely to get lost in the noise 6 months from now when he does a scan through the official thread to remind himself of things he might have forgotten.  If everyone posted suggestions to separate threads it would be much more work for him to manage the information.

Thanks,
John

Offline Resident Evil (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
Re: Fighter Initiative
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 11:54:49 AM »
Ok.

Re-posted in the other thread.

Thanks

ZG